OBJ To Sign With Phins From Ian Rappaport | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OBJ To Sign With Phins From Ian Rappaport

Steal.

This always looked like it was going to happen. Baltimore’s GM had been trying to bring him back all off-season.

I've only got one question. How much has he got left in the tank? Pretty sure he won't hold back the 2 WR Rookies as he's only on a 1yr deal. I'm just interested if he can make a legit contribution at WR3 as he's been missing the last few seasons.

He posted a career high in YPC last year. And he was instrumental in helping the young Ravens WRs get up to speed in the NFL.

Last edited:
I think it's more about Tua's timing. He's excellent at putting the ball on the receiver as he's breaking open. Jackson can do that but doesn't do it consistently.
Anticipation, timing, accuracy...Tua is at the top in all three, and they all have a symbiotic relationship.

IMO this is our biggest remaining need.

We’re not great at OG or DT, but we probably already have our full opening day depth chart at both spots, and nobody still available in free agency is really going to move the needle at either position.

But there are a lot of guys available who are way better than our #3 safety right now. We really don’t have a #3 safety on the team at the moment.
I'd like to see Diggs at safety, though the recent mention of Worley makes sense too. Heck, get both. But Calais Campbell to bookend on the DL with Sieler would be outstanding.

This signing really is a litmus test to see which posters just really like to bitch because they didn't get their way.

If he does absolutely NOTHING, OBJ gets $3mm.

You know who signed for $3mm and did nothing for Miami? Literally didn't play a down? Eric Fisher. I seem to have missed the outcry for that one.
How about the money we paid Keion Crossen. Woof.

Meh, I’m not a fan of this signing. He’s very talented but he brings too much drama that we really don’t need.

More and more looking like there is a deal in place for OBJ. Need a vet plus with our recent trend of being an annual MASH unit, the more quality players the better. This also allows Malik to come along slower (Tahj probably starting on ST).

Could 53 WR be:
Hill (of course)
Waddle (also, of course)
OBJ
Cracraft
Berrios
EZE
Malik?

That's 7. But with the new rules, we only need 2 QBs as a third can be pulled into action without eating a roster spot.

Good signing. Let the competition begin. Could be injuries and that will likely dictates then entire roster formation to a small degree. But I’d say Cracraft or EZE are the candidates for practice squad.

Competitiveness will be a positive.

Leaving aside injuries, my thoughts would be: 2 QBs; 4 RBs (Mostert; Achane; Wilson; Wright); 6 WRs (Hill, Waddle, OBJ, Berrios, Malik, Eze or Cracraft); 4 TEs (Smythe; Smith; Hill; ??); 8-9 OL. That makes 24-25 on offense. I think the 25th player will be either 9th OL or 7th WR.

It’s not always the case but one can bank on roughly 25 offense; 25 defense; 3 STs (K, P, LS). Much depends on depth needs; competition and special teams play.

That is a big need. Gotta continue to work on and shore up the OL. Will probably have to wait til June 1. But that’s not too far away.

I am hoping for Risner OG; Calais Campbell DT and the CB Diggs from the Seahawks we had for a visit. All on easy deals. That would be amazing. 🤩

Wow, not sure how I feel about this. I personally don't feel like our 3rd options were that bad, it was just coach and Tua not hitting them. There were a bunch of games where I seen wide open check downs only to be ignored. We shall see I guess. Hopefully it works out
It’s not even so much about third options. It’s about having someone who can line up outside especially if Hill or Waddle miss any time.

Back
Top Bottom