OBJ To Sign With Phins From Ian Rappaport | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OBJ To Sign With Phins From Ian Rappaport

Do we have any safeties on the roster that can play other than Poyer and Holland?

Isn't it only like the rookie and Elijah Campbell behind them?
Needham was already slow before injuries. Our CB room has greatly improved since he used to be a starter. He's probably moving there.

Last edited:
The players knew OBJ was coming. That's why they were saying, "The offense was going to another level". I'm happy. It fits a need.
When the rookies were issued their numbers, even though #3 was available and more of a premium number than 82 and 83 for skill position players these days, no rookie was given #3. They were saving it for OBJ because they already knew he was coming.

He fits better here because of Tua's pinpoint accuracy. Jackson is not nearly as precise with his ball placement as Tua is.

I think it's more about Tua's timing. He's excellent at putting the ball on the receiver as he's breaking open. Jackson can do that but doesn't do it consistently.

Do we have any safeties on the roster that can play other than Poyer and Holland?

Isn't it only like the rookie and Elijah Campbell behind them?
IMO this is our biggest remaining need.

We’re not great at OG or DT, but we probably already have our full opening day depth chart at both spots, and nobody still available in free agency is really going to move the needle at either position.

But there are a lot of guys available who are way better than our #3 safety right now. We really don’t have a #3 safety on the team at the moment.

Buffalo got Coleman and Claypool... big, bully receivers to go with their big bully QB, while we signed/drafted smurfs to go with our QB, Brainy Smurf.

No value judgement here, but it shows the two theories about the passing game.

I suspect there will be a few articles written about this.

He's a 'meh' signing. Already have 2 mint WRs with 2 WR draft picks backing up that unit. One yr signing. OBJ is a luxury pick up. One yr contract backs it up. I'm on the fence bordering negative.

my buddy, big dolphin fan just texted me this.

''he should have a resurgence with all the good blow and hookers in miami.''

anyways, hope he's training hard this offseason to recapture some of that skill and majic.
That is available in every NFL city. Big deal.

Was i alone thinking OBJ was in the rear view mirror with the draft?

Back
Top Bottom