"OC Dan Henning airs it out" AKA rips the players avoids any blame | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"OC Dan Henning airs it out" AKA rips the players avoids any blame

NYPhin24

Scout Team
Reaction score
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...0/12/dolphins-oc-dan-henning-airs-it-out.html

this guy really knows how to piss off the fan base and avoid all blame and sit on his high horse, i HATE Dan Henning

When I asked Henning about claims his offense was built for Chad Pennington and not Henne, Henning shot back.

“This offense has been going on for 40 years, maybe 50 if you go back to 1958, which is where it all germinates from with Weeb Ewbank with the Baltimore Colts and Don Shula. Different people took it to different places.

(in case Henning didnt kno, its a couple days from 2011, not 1958 you senial moron)

With that said, what are Henne’s strengths, which could help us identify if it’s the playcalling or the man behind the trigger?

“We’ve seen what he can do when he gets on a run. Right now, if you take him for what he is he’s a 78-to-80 rating quarterback (average). He has some balls tipped. He hits a number of plays under pressure (he’s good vs. the blitz), and has tremendous toughness in the pocket. He’s very prepared (for Sunday’s games). The thing that he hasn’t been able to do here, whether it be due to protection, [or that he doesn't have] the receivers to do it or what have you, we haven’t been able to generate the deep pass."

“On our football team overall we’re missing dynamics (big plays). We haven’t had any dynamics. We haven’t had any dynamic kickoff return or punt return to put the ball on the plus side of the 50. We haven’t had a dynamic interception return to take it back for a touchdown the entire year. And we haven’t had but two or three (Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams’ big runs, and Brandon Marshall and Brian Hartline have both made a deep catch) dynamic plays on offense out of about 800 or so plays. We’re missing that [big play], and somewhere along the line we’ve got to find it in this team."

The team had an offense heavy draft in 2009 (Pat White, Brian Hartline, Patrick Turner, John Nalbone, Andrew Gardner) but it didn’t make the impact needed. This year the Trifecta rebuilt the interior of the offensive line, and added Marshall to enhance the offense, but the unit performed worse in Henning’s third season as coordinator.

“We haven’t done it. Doesn’t mean we haven’t tried to do it. But this group (2010) is not as efficient and consistent as that group (in 2008) was. Therefore they are not as effective as that group is. We have the same coaches. We have some players in that group who are more dynamic than we had (Marshall), but as a team we are not nearly as efficient, consistent, or effective as [the offense] was in 2008.”

When asked if he intents to retire at the end of the season, Henning joked “My intention is to be here…(small pause)…tomorrow”

guy is a ****ing moron. thanks for ruining our season you old ****

weeb ewbank? ...1958? now we know why he has no idea how to use Brandon Marshall

The game has clearly passed him by. He needs to do the right thing and step down. Plain and simple.

"...This offense has been going on for 40 years, maybe 50..."

no wonder opposing defenses call out all the routes before the snap

What's funny is he isn't truly wrong on needing more playmakers and being more consistent. I'm not a fan of his to say the least BUT maybe Henne who I was a fan of is kind of the problem. He isn't consistent enough for the offense and the running game is shot with bad interior play and RBs who can't break to many big plays.
Offense the first two season where a lot more consistent and scored better then the garbage we have this year. So u might not like it but he isn't wrong at all. Now should he change up the offense to help the team out sure but maybe Tony doesn't want too.

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Doesn't mean he will be here and Tony hopefully if he stays works on the offense this upcoming this offseason and sign a vet CB and ILB

1958 football
Hennings offense hasn't changed in 52 years

Summerall_Pat_Giants_vs_Browns-1.jpg

what a douchbag, he is right about needing speedy playmakers but we all knew this the whole time, he just realized it....i dont give a **** what Henning says tho, theres no way to justify his atrocious playcalling.

So if Henning claims the terrible offense isnt his fault and its the "players" then hes saying its his butt buddy Parcells and Jeff "is yo momma a whore?" Irelands fault?

I've heard of old school football but, jeez, this guy takes it to the stone age of football.

Back
Top Bottom