Odrick! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Odrick!

*** Official Fins Pick Odrick Thread ***

Wow! You heard it, he is now ours! Lets go guys, lets have it. Great move to slide down and get some great value as well.

have faith in Parcells and Ireland. Lets hear the comments!

god wat a waste of a pick! its so frustrating to be a dolphin fan sometimes

496835-1.jpg

Odrick has a good combination of size and strength. He is more of a run-stopper with power to hold the point but needs to utilize his hands more consistently to separate to the ball. Odrick shows power to collapse the pocket as a pass rusher but again needs to expand his pass rush package with more moves and counters to contribute at the next level. He feels pad pressure well and constricts running lanes effectively. He has some limitations (lateral agility and speed) but plays with a good motor and often wins with effort. Odrick could be considered a versatile prospect as an end in a 3-4 front or tackle in 4-3 schemes. Odrick has upside if he can improve his overall technique at the next level.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jared-odrick?id=496835

Great job sliding down as it worked how we wanted...but a DE? why do we love taking these guys.I am a PSU fan and love Odrick, and he will help us out, but we need LBers. the only thing i can really hope for now is Kindle or Hughes at #40. now, we'll have a good DE standing on the sidelines while we have not as good Linebackers out there running around like chickens with their heads cut off. We entered the draft with 3 big needs on D, we end the first round not filling any of those holes. Could have had Earl, Could have had Hughes...
Now, the Jests take Kyle Wilson. Unbelievable.

Good thing is these stud OLBs look like they might fall into the 2nd. Like the pundits have been saying, this is a deep draft for talent. I thought word was the FO liked Cody but that must have been a smokescreen.

I for one am not happy. We needed OLB, S, and NT the most and got none of the above.
Odrick is a good player - but wasn't needed.
Maybe we trade back into the 1st?

wtf im so pi$$ed. we already have two good ends. hughes was right there this is so much bs!!!!!!

He's a good player, but not over Hughes. Let's hope they make up for it in the second. Now we have like 6 DE in the 3-4.

Wonder if they think he'll play the nose at times? You need to own the DL first and foremost, and I guess this is Ireland saying they will improve a strength.

Part of me likes this alot... like alot alot.. and part of me facepalms.

THIS IS AN AMAZING PICK, IF AND ONLY IF..... the draft goes as follows.

2nd round- Terrence Cody, NT

3rd round- Jason Worilds, OLB

4th round- Dennis Pitta, TE

DO EVERYTHING YOU POSSIBLY CAN (including poison pills) to get OJ ATOGWE

Regardless of if the OLB's fall into the second or not. I still don't understand the pick. Odrick doesn't play the nose. We already have Starks, Langford and Merling at DE. I don't see how this makes any sense.

Back
Top Bottom