Offensive line news | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive line news

Duss

Active Roster
Reaction score
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/default.htm?mode=afceast

We hear that Miami offensive line coach Hudson Houck, a 22-year NFL assistant who most recently worked wonders in San Diego by molding a young group of no-names into a playoff-caliber blocking unit, could be on his way to producing a similar transformation with a Dolphins O-line that underachieved and disappointed in 2004. Starting OLG Jeno Jamestold PFW that Houck’s teaching has instilled confidence in the players. “He has a zone scheme that I think is very good,†James said. “He also has a lot of history (guiding 11 linemen to 43 Pro Bowls), so it just feels good to have someone like that leading us.†James added that Houck’s system makes each player learn every position and promotes more awareness and cohesiveness. Word from the Dolphins’ June minicamp is that James, C Seth McKinney, ORG Rex Hadnot and ORT Stockar McDougle appear to have wrapped up starting spots

Good find. It's good to hear that our o-line has confidence in Houck. The part about the 4 starting spots being wrapped up is also good.

I hope that Carey can start and do well (emphasis on do well) at LT. That would mean that we have two young developing linemen (Carey and Hadnot). I would have liked to have seen Smith performing well enough to give Seth a challenge at C, but Smith may be a bust.

He may be a bust but I do think he his still a decent backup at a middle position

Good to see a postive article on the oline. They will be one of the key elements if the fins want to have success.

we have 3 young guys including mckinney

unifiedtheory said:
Hud is THE man.

On a side note...Tony Wise is a piece of crap.

Newman was good in that,

didn't Tony Wise go to green Bay ? hmmm, we'll see about the POC thing, if he kills them next we'll know for sure.

Good to hear guys feeling positive. I just can't imagine a new coaching staff would come in and give guys starting jobs based on shorts and a helmet. It's such a different game when the pads come on. I would really hope that nobody has a given job yet. We are talking a whole new coaching staff and systems so how can anyone be given a starting job yet? I'm of course excluding the vets like JT and Zach and Seau and guys like that but I can't see 1 guy on the Oline that deserves an automatic job based on last year. I hope when the pads come on it's going to be a good battle and someone is going to emerge as a star guy because if we keep the same interior in James, McKinney and Rex I'm not sure the best coaching in the world can make that big of a difference. There is always hope though I guess.

cnc66 said:
Newman was good in that,

didn't Tony Wise go to green Bay ? hmmm, we'll see about the POC thing, if he kills them next we'll know for sure.
No he followed Wanny to Pitt....Bates went to GB.

Looks like Carey has to fight off D-Mac in TC and Pre-season games to secure that LT spot...If he can hold up against guys like JT,Roth, Carter,Holliday and Bowens in TC and then Da Bear's Ogun, Joey Porter, Simien Rice and Pat Kerney...then he has my vote for the LT spot....plenty of chances to prove himself.

im really glad that we have one of the best ol coaches in the league and with this new blocking scheme r.brown is going to tear it up. :D :nesucks: :billsbite :jetssuck: :monkeyl: :rocker:

ChambersNBoston said:
Looks like Carey has to fight off D-Mac in TC and Pre-season games to secure that LT spot...If he can hold up against guys like JT,Roth, Carter,Holliday and Bowens in TC and then Da Bear's Ogun, Joey Porter, Simien Rice and Pat Kerney...then he has my vote for the LT spot....plenty of chances to prove himself.

With those guys facing him, if he doesn't perform we will also need a new quarterback.

Hey - just realized - this is my 100th post.

Back
Top Bottom