Offensive line news | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive line news

I think Saban will give Vernon every chance to start at LT, ie if DMac and Vernon are level then Vernon will get the nod.

I really don't care who starts where. If HUD works his magic with these guys and they improve as we expect they will, it will be so much fun to watch the holes our RB's will have to run through and watch our QB actually have time to go through his progressions in finding a receiver open and finding the possible big play. Go HUD!

THOMAS_54 said:
Good find. It's good to hear that our o-line has confidence in Houck. The part about the 4 starting spots being wrapped up is also good.
Remember what they were saying about this time last year!? something about they don't have any definite starters, there will be competitions for every offensive line position, but we did install a few turnstiles that will make it easier to meet our QB

Rich22 said:
Good to hear guys feeling positive. I just can't imagine a new coaching staff would come in and give guys starting jobs based on shorts and a helmet. It's such a different game when the pads come on. I would really hope that nobody has a given job yet. We are talking a whole new coaching staff and systems so how can anyone be given a starting job yet? I'm of course excluding the vets like JT and Zach and Seau and guys like that but I can't see 1 guy on the Oline that deserves an automatic job based on last year. I hope when the pads come on it's going to be a good battle and someone is going to emerge as a star guy because if we keep the same interior in James, McKinney and Rex I'm not sure the best coaching in the world can make that big of a difference. There is always hope though I guess.
Somebody has to run out there with the first team at the next practice.

Back
Top Bottom