Offensive line shake up... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive line shake up...

Phinguy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
"Ruddy, a nine-year starter for the Dolphins, will open the game, but McKinney will receive considerable playing time, coach Dave Wannstedt said."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...1203,0,5784661.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Sorry don't know how to p[ost links yet.

Anyway, it seems they're going to rotate in Mckinney at center. While I like the shake up (maybe it will get players who are underperforming to play better and Mckinney seems pretty solid) I'm a little nervous it could mess with the chemistry in the O-line. Admittedly, they really haven't shown that much chemistry. Thoughts?

Pure idiocy. If you're going to make a change at center, do it early in the week and give the QB a LOT of snaps to get used to the new center. Don't make a change mid-game and make Jay have to deal with two different guys snapping the ball.

For your information, they worked McKinney there early in the week. Then Seth hurt his finger and had to get stitches, thereby slowing the process. Your post was pure assumption. And I don't know how you got what you did out of that article.

You're act it growing old.

I'm a little less concerned with him snapping the ball and moreso with him reading and reacting to the defense in unison with the other linemen. He was good in preseason so hopefully he'll be fine.

They've been trying to get him in there for a while. So the earlier, the better. More time to adjust and gel. Hopefully it will be quick.

Originally posted by RikWriter
Pure idiocy. If you're going to make a change at center, do it early in the week and give the QB a LOT of snaps to get used to the new center. Don't make a change mid-game and make Jay have to deal with two different guys snapping the ball.

<cleansed by mod.....yes, here is your warning>

Have you been to practice at all this week ? Do you know how many Reps Seth and Jay took? Plus, Seth has been playing center all his life, and his a professional, so how hard to do you think it's going to be ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotating centers? Man that idea stinks. I was a center and that is a posistion that flat out should remain unchanged during a game, unless the quarterback is replaced.

So, you can rotate every other position but Center position is off limits ? Now, that's what stinks? So, you know alot more than the coaches that are with these players every single day right ?

I have to agree that alternating centers could spell trouble.

Originally posted by Muck
I have to agree that alternating centers could spell trouble.

So do I, but then I think McKinney shoulda been starting the season the minute Ruddy's knee was acting up since they were playing at even anyways. Not to mention Ruddy's gone next year and we should get McKinney playing time to see if he will be worth RFA'ing when his 3 year deal is up.

.....not to mention the fact that Ruddy's contract is heavy on incentives this year. If he plays 65% of the offensive plays (I think it's 65%), he gets something like $1 million back next year. That money will count against next year's cap regardless of whether or not he's on the roster.

It's politics guys..It's a nice way of demoting Ruddy without any hard feelings. Seth will come in the game in do fine. Don't be suprised is Wanny name Seth the starter next week..Seth is just to talented to be kept on the bench..

I'm comfortable with McKinney going in but I think I agree with you guys... rotation sounds like a bad idea. Also, isn't the center the one who makes the offensive line calls?

seth will be fine and ricky will run for 200+ yards,dolphins by 21 and now the season begins ,all right miami!

Back
Top Bottom