Offensive line shake up... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive line shake up...

Originally posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305
It's politics guys..It's a nice way of demoting Ruddy without any hard feelings. Seth will come in the game in do fine. Don't be suprised is Wanny name Seth the starter next week..Seth is just to talented to be kept on the bench..

Politics? More like money. They aren't going to let Ruddy hit that 65% of the snaps.

Originally posted by mf52dolphin
Rotating centers? Man that idea stinks. I was a center and that is a posistion that flat out should remain unchanged during a game, unless the quarterback is replaced.

My first reaction on this is that it isn't a good idea.
We shall see.

So, you can rotate every other position but Center position is off limits ? Now, that's what stinks? So, you know alot more than the coaches that are with these players every single day right ?

Relax man.
There are valid points and concerns with rotating a center.
the exchange between QB and Center can be a problem. Centers and QB's get into a rhythm with each other. If you have 2 alternating in and out during a game with differing deliveries....
and yes centers have different deliveries...... it can spell trouble.
Will it? remains to be seen. I've never heard of this being done though.

Have you been to practice at all this week ? Do you know how many Reps Seth and Jay took? Plus, Seth has been playing center all his life, and his a professional, so how hard to do you think it's going to be ?

It doesn't matter how GOOD he is at it, it's the fact that a QB needs to get used to a center. If you practice with one center and then switch off during the game, you are inviting disaster.

If Mckinney is a healthy upgrade then I'm all for it. Ruddy is tough and smart but we all have seen him get manhandled at times. I love this switch. I think you'll see Seth take over for the rest of the year. Besides Rudy's knee has been bothering him since the pre-season. Ruddy has hit his peak and we all know what he can do, it's time to let Mckinney show us why he was our first pick a couple years ago. Should be fun to watch too.

I think you either toss McKinney in there or you toss Ruddy in there. Personally I agree with RikWriter that it is not smart to be rotating your Center-QB exchange during a game. It could lead to a disaster.

I care less about tinkering with the line than I do about just totally humiliating every player who gets a penalty. I'd make them scrub the johns while jogging in place. Well, maybe me and a large gun could. But i think you know what i mean.

Originally posted by Muck
.....not to mention the fact that Ruddy's contract is heavy on incentives this year. If he plays 65% of the offensive plays (I think it's 65%), he gets something like $1 million back next year. That money will count against next year's cap regardless of whether or not he's on the roster.

Sorry if somebody already said this but when I saw this post I just had to say...... BINGO!

If McKinney and Ruddy are relatively even at this point then put him in there and let him get all the experience he can while the season is still young...hopefully the extra playing time will have him in "full center mode" by playoff time....if not, Ruddy is there and fresh and not costing a dime more to us next year.

Alright, inFINS... what's the scoop on your friend with the eyes and that tum? I LOVE eyes and tums and prefer them on ALL the women in my life.

So give it up: who is she, and where can I drool over more of her?

My feeling is that Ruddy will start.....and then McKinney will finish. I just can't see them rotating in and out. At least I hope not. If McKinney plays at least to the level of Ruddy, it's his job to keep. McKinney will remain the top backup at both guard spots IMO. He's a more effective guard than Ruddy.

Originally posted by Muck
My feeling is that Ruddy will start.....and then McKinney will finish. I just can't see them rotating in and out. At least I hope not. If McKinney plays at least to the level of Ruddy, it's his job to keep. McKinney will remain the top backup at both guard spots IMO. He's a more effective guard than Ruddy.

...and we end up that much deeper....good deal if McKinney is ready!

Everybody is calling for a shakeup to get the players attention.nThis is a good way to begin. Next we should give Tolver some snaps, Derrius blew IMO.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Politics? More like money. They aren't going to let Ruddy hit that 65% of the snaps.

That's what I meant by politics; you just put in better words..LOL..Thank you for the transalation...

Originally posted by RikWriter

It doesn't matter how GOOD he is at it, it's the fact that a QB needs to get used to a center. If you practice with one center and then switch off during the game, you are inviting disaster.

Look, this is not Pee Wee football dummy, it's the NFL. Trust me, as much as you would like to believe that's going to be a problem, it's not going to be..I trust our coaching staff alot more than your pessimistic views and opinions..So, if DW is trying something new than I'm behind him..I mean why not, everyone else hates the guy..So I figure I got nothing to loose..

Back
Top Bottom