Offensive Line...Which is the best course of action? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive Line...Which is the best course of action?

What is the best course of action for the OL?

• LT Pace/Jones, LG Nails, C McKinney, RG Perry, RT Smith

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • LT Smith, LG Nails, C McKinney, RG Woody, RT Wade

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • LT Smith, LG Timmerman, C McKinney, RG Perry, J.James

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • LT Smith, LG Goff, C McKinney, RG Perry, RT Tait

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • LT Smith, LG Nails, C McKinney, RG Yates, RT Wade

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Gladsadmad

Given what you've said here...Let me think of a scenario that is feasible.

Since you think Tait, Woody, Jones and Pace will be off the market..then next best LT would be Chad Clifton from GB...and the next group of guards would be Timmerman, Middleton, Goff and Villarrial. How's about this one...

LT Clifton
LG Nails/J.James
C McKinney
RG Goff/Perry
RT W.Smith

This should be realistic.
By the way..you're right about Jeno James..oops..he's a LG at the moment..my bad.

Either way, I'd be surprised if Nails AND Perry were both gone..unless of course, the new GM thinks Billy Yates can handle it.

I would say that Clifton and re-signing Nails and adding another high pick (1st rd?) will be all that is done

BTW: Leave Chris Villarial alone.......he needs to come to B-LO ;)

LT Clifton
LG Nails
C McKinney
RG Perry
RT W. Smith

Reserves: Yates, Whitley, 2004 draft choice. vet G/T at vet min.

This seems much more realistic to me

Another option could be ROT Adam Meadows from the Colts. He has been somewhat injury prone the past couple of seasons and he has a high cap number for 2004. He's likely to be a cap casualty.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Another option could be ROT Adam Meadows from the Colts. He has been somewhat injury prone the past couple of seasons and he has a high cap number for 2004. He's likely to be a cap casualty.
i don't know how he would do as a rookie, but i kinda like that dude from kansas state at center!;)

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
"ya, I know that but did you notice the little smilie thingie along with it tho? i only said it cuz it's a bit early toeven guess since the GM hasn't even been hired yet. And FA hasn't started yet and know whose gonna get tagged or resigned before it starts and all."

I gotcha ;) ....

I just wanted to get some feedback, because I've been looking at some of the free agent offensive lineman that could be available and iI started wondering what Miami could do. I really hope they can fix the O-line in 2004 some way, some how.

I wuz just "muckin' " with ya as much as anything. Any option you listed would be better than this yr, hands down. i would like to concentrate on a LT first and move Smith over to RT, IF we don't get Brunell. Resign Nails, use mcK more as guard depth if we can get a woody to play C. If we get brunell, lv Smith at LT and let him develope with less pressure and don't offer Wade a contract. I'd almost rather have Smith at RT than Wade with brunell QBing. That is what makes this extra month on us soooooooo nutz. All we have to talk about is this stuff and it drives me up a wall cuz there are too many variables to consider. At this point, the only thing I am certain of that we should do is to use our 1st pick on a QB, be it Manning, Roth. or Rivers, either would be fine with me but we just have to do it for 2005 and beyonds sake. I hope to get a 1 and 3 for o-gun and if it was last yr, I'd say it would be a done deal cuz i don't think Wanny would ante' up what he'd want but with the new GM, who knows, unless it's Spielman! But since we don't know who the QB is, it's nutzo trying to figure out who/what to target in FA and until that is well underway and the combine is over, we have no clue about the draft yet! All this just leaves me sitting here with my finger between my lips and gonig....... bee-ba-bee-ba-bee-ba-bee-ba................. :D

Back
Top Bottom