Offensive line | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive line

1958db

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Here we are again, back where this teams glaring biggest problem continues to suck the life from its each and every player. “THE OFFENSIVE LINE†and only Divine intervention it seems, (short of thunder bolts striking them in the ***) will drive this message home to Rick Speilman and Dave Wandsted. People get ready for another lackluster sub par season. This team has forgotten its identity; this team was built to move the ball on one premise. SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL, and to do that it must punish apposing defensives, it must run the ball down there throats, even when they stack the line against you. You must never waver from this lofty goal and above all, you must sacrifice what ever it takes to get the best possible players to reach that goal. In all honesty I feel this team must address first and foremost its offensive line. I’ll expand, there are going to be some expensive, nearly prohibitively expensive free agents out there this year. For example players like Orlando Pace (Rams) or Walter Jones (Hawks). Both will command big money but both are perennial pro bowl Left Tackles. We desperately need one of these guys, and I know there will be those of you out there that disagree, but Ricky Williams is in the back field for a reason, and I am not talking about using him as a tackling dummy for apposing defenses. WE MUST put the best we can in front of this guy. These are the impact players in games. Now if a player like the aforementioned can’t be had because of franchise tags or what have you, fine look down a level at some lesser but productive guys like maybe an Adam Timmerman (Rams) or Chris Villarreal (Bears). Don’t stop there; trading for some OL talent wouldn’t break the bank either. There are some good players to be had in the draft as well; with our No.20 and possibly a second 1st. rounder should a miracle happen via free agency. There are some players out there to be looked at. Players like Georgia Tech’s Nat Dorsey, Miami’s Vernon Carey, USC Jacob Rodgers and Florida’s Max Starks. At the OG position, guys like the Buckeye’s Adrien Clarke, Florida’s Shannon Snell, LSU Stephan Peterman, all quality players to be assessed.

Finally, yes most of us fall in love with the idea that we need the second coming of Dan Marino or Jerry Rice. But in fact we really need on fundamental thing “a line†giving us something to build on.

I think Miami oughta take a look at some of the FA's around. Chad Clifton, John Tait, and a couple are worth a look. Wade Smith, Todd Wade, Jaime Nails, Seth McKinney, and Tim Ruddy ought to be kept. Then sign or draft two new OGs and a better LT.

Originally posted by 1958db
Here we are again, back where this teams glaring biggest problem continues to suck the life from its each and every player. “THE OFFENSIVE LINE†and only Divine intervention it seems, (short of thunder bolts striking them in the ***) will drive this message home to Rick Speilman and Dave Wandsted. People get ready for another lackluster sub par season. This team has forgotten its identity; this team was built to move the ball on one premise. SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL, and to do that it must punish apposing defensives, it must run the ball down there throats, even when they stack the line against you. You must never waver from this lofty goal and above all, you must sacrifice what ever it takes to get the best possible players to reach that goal. In all honesty I feel this team must address first and foremost its offensive line. I’ll expand, there are going to be some expensive, nearly prohibitively expensive free agents out there this year. For example players like Orlando Pace (Rams) or Walter Jones (Hawks). Both will command big money but both are perennial pro bowl Left Tackles. We desperately need one of these guys, and I know there will be those of you out there that disagree, but Ricky Williams is in the back field for a reason, and I am not talking about using him as a tackling dummy for apposing defenses. WE MUST put the best we can in front of this guy. These are the impact players in games. Now if a player like the aforementioned can’t be had because of franchise tags or what have you, fine look down a level at some lesser but productive guys like maybe an Adam Timmerman (Rams) or Chris Villarreal (Bears). Don’t stop there; trading for some OL talent wouldn’t break the bank either. There are some good players to be had in the draft as well; with our No.20 and possibly a second 1st. rounder should a miracle happen via free agency. There are some players out there to be looked at. Players like Georgia Tech’s Nat Dorsey, Miami’s Vernon Carey, USC Jacob Rodgers and Florida’s Max Starks. At the OG position, guys like the Buckeye’s Adrien Clarke, Florida’s Shannon Snell, LSU Stephan Peterman, all quality players to be assessed.

Finally, yes most of us fall in love with the idea that we need the second coming of Dan Marino or Jerry Rice. But in fact we really need one fundamental thing “a line†giving us something to build on.

While I wholeheartedly agree with you, about the line.Don't you think it would be wise to wait til after the draft and free agency before you condem us to NFL hell?

Re: Re: Offensive line

Originally posted by themole

While I wholeheartedly agree with you, about the line.Don't you think it would be wise to wait til after the draft and free agency before you condem us to NFL hell?
Holy crap!.....That's exactly what I was going to say.....how did you know???.....This is too weird.....i'm getting out of here....:escape:

Re: Re: Re: Offensive line

Originally posted by inFINSible
Holy crap!.....That's exactly what I was going to say.....how did you know???.....This is too weird.....i'm getting out of here....:escape:

:evil: Hitachiho's.. think alike!:lol:

I think we all know that the o-line needs to be taken care of. We need at least one new guard, maybe even 2 and Seth should start at center.If Wade leaves then we'll need a new RT and maybe we can get a free agent there.I don't mind having 3 new starters since they didn't get the job done last year.

Ozzy rules!!

Re: Re: Offensive line

Originally posted by themole

Man,, you and I think a lot alike mole .... :yikes:

I agree 150% !!!

clear.gif

:D

Marino1983

Re: Re: Re: Offensive line

Originally posted by Marino1983

Man,, you and I think a lot alike mole .... :yikes:

I agree 150% !!!

clear.gif

:D

Marino1983

NOW THAT REALLY SCARES THE HELL OUTA ME!!! :biggrin: :eek:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Offensive line

Originally posted by Marino1983

clear.gif
:huh:

:lol:

Marino1983

We both belong to the Big Screen Hitachi fraternity... dedicated to a more better football picture.

I only posted this thread in the hope that Speilman will wake up and take actin in free agency and the draft. As it again did not happen last year.

Originally posted by 1958db
I only posted this thread in the hope that Speilman will wake up and take actin in free agency and the draft. As it again did not happen last year.

I don't believe you'll be reaching Speilman through this forum.

Ya that figures, but there is always a chance those thunder bolts will hit the mark. OUT.

Back
Top Bottom