Offensive line | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive line

Let's not totally panic. I'm very pissed about the state of affairs also but we can still pull off something cool so let's not commit Hari Kari in February. I would have brought in Romeo Crennel and fired Wannstedt. I would have put Mark Trestman in as O.C., and kept Collier where he was. I would be searching for a replacement for Keith Armstrong. Have we all forgotten how poorly our Special Teams played? I haven't. I would keep Bates but with Crennel as Head Coach he would be on a tight leash. For G.M. I thought the best man was Randy Mueller. I didn't get anything I wanted and yet I'm positive that something good will happen. Maybe well find our Jake Dellohme and groom Rivers behind him. O-Line must be addressed bigtime and a playmaker at reciever. Despite all the things I'm pissed at I still have this optimism regarding how things will turn out. Give the guys in place a chance to make us happy. Who knows, maybe they will.

Our O-line sucked last year. We all know and agree on that. Now for next year......Wade Smith did a hell of a job as a 3rd round rookie. He will be even better next year after gaining some weight and strenth in the offseason. Seth will be starting at center. Nails will be back and better then before (remember his injury really required 18 months to fully heal but he played anyway, and his performance was due to him not being at 100%). We need to pick up a solid RG as Todd will be gone next year IMO and maybe another guard while were at it. Yates and Jermain are coming along nicely and did an excellent job filling in when they did....better then the starters. Even with the exact same group (uh....I'm leaving Dixon out of this because IMO I think we've seen the last of him, thanks....was great when you were here though)....back next year it will be a better line. If we can upgrade a couple spots then we'll be 5 times better. If we get a solid #2 WR....then maybe our Oline wouldn't have to deal with the opposing D stacking the line and blitzing so much because they can always double CC and leave single on the other WR forcing us to hit McMichael and Ricky on slants.

Give me 2 good Oline men and a solid #2 WR first and foremost and I'll show you our passing game improve dramatically. Doing that would also allow our running game to open up with less defense stacking the line (kind of hard to clear tackles through 8 men constantly). After that....upgrade our QB and then we're REALLY set.

I'm not sold on Seth starting. I don't think he's starting material and never really have.

I would get rid of both guards (maybe re-sign Nails as a backup)

Bring in a FA RT and RG and let Whitley and Yates battle Seth for LG and we'll be in good sahpe with depth and talent upgrades galore.

Back
Top Bottom