"Offer to Washington likely" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Offer to Washington likely"

He's got great size and decent speed. If nothing more, he'll provide depth and he's only 27. IMO, he'll be a starter on our squad if we don't draft a WR in the first 2 rounds.

yup i agree.

This would be a very good low-price signing. He has good size, and he's very fast. He's a better threat as a receiver than Welker, but I'm going to hate to see Welker leave. His heart and tenacity will be sorely missed, but the type of money the Pats are offering, they can have him; I will love to have the Pat's second round pick as compensation. If we sign Kelly Washington and Donte' Stallworth, our WR corp is re-vamped with great size and deadly speed on the outside.

I completely agree except for the Stallworth part... I used to be high on him but you have to have consistency IMO, sometimes that overshadows skill. Hate to see Welker go but with Washington and a 2nd round pick that would be awesome! I'm hoping a miracle happens and we're able to get Kalil in the 2nd round.

He definatley has the physical attributes to be impressive, but what has he done in 5 years in the nfl? I've never seen him play but I know he is low in the depth charts so it's hard to produce, but does he atleast have potential? Will he produce more than Welker did? Will he beat out hagan?

I really hope Miami finds a way to keep Welker. Screw the 2nd round pick.

Once Welker signs that contract, the only way to keep him would be is matching that offer and we aren't going to do that.

We're taking their 2nd round pick before we sign Welker to a contract like that.

He definatley has the physical attributes to be impressive, but what has he done in 5 years in the nfl? I've never seen him play but I know he is low in the depth charts so it's hard to produce, but does he atleast have potential? Will he produce more than Welker did?

he's on one of the best crops in the nfl. Before they drafted Carson Palmer, Washington was the best receiver on the team. However, he got injured and since then has been stuck behind that trio of receivers. However, like you said, he's got the size you look for, he's certainly a better prospect then most we could bring in. And hey, worst case scenario, we cut him. big deal.

he's on one of the best crops in the nfl. Before they drafted Carson Palmer, Washington was the best receiver on the team. However, he got injured and since then has been stuck behind that trio of receivers. However, like you said, he's got the size you look for, he's certainly a better prospect then most we could bring in. And hey, worst case scenario, we cut him. big deal.

Exactly.

Its worth the shot to see if the kid can stay healthy and remerge as a playmaker in the NFL. He is only 27. If he still is often injured and not producing we let him loose. He will come cheap.

He's a great WR, just stay healthy. He couldn't really shine because he was behind on the depth chart in Cincy, good pick up if we get him.

He is garbage.

There is a reason he kept getting passed up on the depth chart.

He is one of those look like Tarzan..play like Jane types.

He is garbage.

Chad Johnson.. TJ.. Chris Henry

And I know but people will say about Henry, but when he's on the field, he's a gamer.

Also, passed up? Nah, dude. Injuries dropped him the past two years.

He is garbage.

I think he had some injuries that didn't help his cause. But, he said he is healthy now and ready to go. Different atmosphere, different team, he could breakout.

wouldnt mind him for a cheap price, still want to draft a WR in the first 2 rounds.

This would be a very good low-price signing. He has good size, and he's very fast. He's a better threat as a receiver than Welker, but I'm going to hate to see Welker leave. His heart and tenacity will be sorely missed, but the type of money the Pats are offering, they can have him; I will love to have the Pat's second round pick as compensation. If we sign Kelly Washington and Donte' Stallworth, our WR corp is re-vamped with great size and deadly speed on the outside.

Couldnt have said it better myself, except for the Stallworth part.

Back
Top Bottom