*Official 06-07 NHL Thread* | Page 38 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Official 06-07 NHL Thread*

djfresh47 said:
Hockey live is much better. People get to see the whole game rather than the few camera angles. Also getting to hear things that a television telecast would not pick up adds to the sport.

One thing about hockey players is that they're along with Nascar the most media friendly athletes. I remember Brindamour last year being interviewed on Rome and he basically said that people in Carolina have little knowledge of hockey. Though they were progressing. Football is king and it can't be touched in the USA but I can go out partying and know where a few hockey players are. Last year while out a friend of mine called Andrew Peters who then shows up with Daniel Briere and starts drinking beers with us. I've seen guys like Flutie out and around and the image they want to portray through the media is the opposite of what they are. While hockey players are not trying to send a fake image.

Totally true.

On a game night you can and probably will run into mulitple NHL guys at the downtown bars. 99% of them are just like you or I, well accept they make a TON of loot.

About, hell, 10 years ago when the Bruins were in town a good friend of mine and I went out with Brent Hughes (he went to high school with him). We go and meet him at one of the local pub's and Al Iafrate decided to come out. They were both just normal guys, well, Iafrate was a total animal and was buying all night but still, pretty down to Earth guys.

dominizzo said:
Fedorov To habs!!! Wow they really want Stanley?

UNI!! Tell me who u think can dominate in the East!!!

Sabres? Habs vs Buffalo tonight. Huet has played well every game vs them this year.

The Habs are playing so well right now but I stil think the Sabres are the class of the East.

When you look at it the NorthEast division is shaping up to be, arguably, the most competative division in the NHL.

The Sabres are the class of the East, the Habs look to be right with them, the Bruins have played very well since their goaltending has gotten it together and the Leafs and Sens are inconsistent but in the playoff hunt as well...

Every team in the division is over .500, it is concievable that every team in the division could make the playoffs.

BTW: I enjoyed watching the Bruins kick the HELL out of the Sens tonight. Patrice had 5 assists. Patrick Eaves needs to be suspended for his blatant cheap shot/elbow to the head of Marc Savard. He got a major and a game but that is not good enough.

My faith in NHL justice is not high but if Campbell lets Eaves off without at least a couple of games I'll be disturbed.

mike york to flyers for robitaille and a third i think....nice pickup for the Flyers IMO

unifiedtheory said:
The Habs are playing so well right now but I stil think the Sabres are the class of the East.

When you look at it the NorthEast division is shaping up to be, arguably, the most competative division in the NHL.

The Sabres are the class of the East, the Habs look to be right with them, the Bruins have played very well since their goaltending has gotten it together and the Leafs and Sens are inconsistent but in the playoff hunt as well...

Every team in the division is over .500, it is concievable that every team in the division could make the playoffs.

BTW: I enjoyed watching the Bruins kick the HELL out of the Sens tonight. Patrice had 5 assists. Patrick Eaves needs to be suspended for his blatant cheap shot/elbow to the head of Marc Savard. He got a major and a game but that is not good enough.

My faith in NHL justice is not high but if Campbell lets Eaves off without at least a couple of games I'll be disturbed.

That's one of the problems I still have with the league. Unless a guy is knocked out cold it seems that they will not suspend players. I hate what Stern is doing with the NBA with all the garbage rules though one thing that he does do a great job of is holding players accountable for cheap shots. Look at last year in the playoffs as a prime example of Stern holding guys accountable for cheap shots.

Bruins won 2 - 0 over Vancouver tonight.

It was perhaps the WORST 2 - 0 win in league history. The Bruins had ZERO shots on goal in the third period and did NOTHING in the 2nd period either. If the Canucks had any finish what-so-ever they would have put in 6 goals.

I don't think I've ever seen a team turn the puck over in their own end more then the Bruins did tonight. It was a sickening performance to be honest.

Tim Thomas stood on his head all night and they got a few breaks. I hope Dave Lewis has them skating tomorrow morning.

If they play like this Saturday night against the Hab they'll lose 10 - 0.

Bruins won 2 - 0 over Vancouver tonight.

It was perhaps the WORST 2 - 0 win in league history. The Bruins had ZERO shots on goal in the third period and did NOTHING in the 2nd period either. If the Canucks had any finish what-so-ever they would have put in 6 goals.

I don't think I've ever seen a team turn the puck over in their own end more then the Bruins did tonight. It was a sickening performance to be honest.

Tim Thomas stood on his head all night and they got a few breaks. I hope Dave Lewis has them skating tomorrow morning.

If they play like this Saturday night against the Hab they'll lose 10 - 0.

on the bright side !! Glen Murray scored a goal

Back
Top Bottom