Official 2005 Yankees World Series Champion Thread | Page 37 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2005 Yankees World Series Champion Thread

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Kevin Brown is a disgrace. He's just one of those guys who can't cut it in NY!

But at least you're paying for his family to fly in LearJets 12 times a year!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Kevin Brown is a disgrace. He's just one of those guys who can't cut it in NY!

Wasn't the same being said about Giambi before he started eating his Wheaties? Just think of it this way Brown is gone next year, but who would you rather have pitching for the Yankees right now Brown or Jeff Weaver, another guy who couldn't pitch in NY?

Nobody ever said Giambi couldnt cut it in NY because he did for 2 years. All was said about him was that he was done from steroids but as far as him being able to cut it in NY, obviously he has so that's not even a valid point.

As far as would I rather have Jeff Weaver or Kevin Brown, the truth it I'd rather have neither, I'd rather have Andy Pettitte. The truth is when the Yankees traded for Brown they did it after they lost Andy Pettitte. So that should answer your question, I'd rather have Andy Pettitte then Brown. Weaver was just a piece they were able to trade for to get Brown but the truth is, the Yankees traded for Brown to replace Pettitte!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Nobody ever said Giambi couldnt cut it in NY because he did for 2 years. All was said about him was that he was done from steroids but as far as him being able to cut it in NY, obviously he has so that's not even a valid point.

Yeah, a steady decline in his numbers ever since he left Oakland is really "cutting it" in NY. :lol:

Talk about getting a real good return on your investment. Is that you, Cashman?

Actually the Yankees got Kevin Brown to counter the Red Sox for getting Curt Schilling. The Yankees also got Javy Vasquez to help counter the Sox move.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:

There were people saying he couldn't cut it in NY. They said he was out of place in the clubhouse because he wasn't used to or comfortable with the "corporate feel" and that he missed Oakland's "animal house like" clubhouse. People also said that he lost some edge shaving off his facial hair and cutting his hair. Also all last year and until he got hot this year everyone was throwing him under the bus saying he didn't belong here, signing him to play in NY was a mistake, he isn't comfortable being booed at his home field stadium, blah blah blah. I don't know how you can say him not cutting it in NY isn't a valid point because if Giambi was playing like he was in the beginning of the season I'm sure everyone would say that he's a disgrace and shouldn't play in a Yankee uniform because he's not fit to play in NY. In fact I'd bet that every single Yankee fan and possible about 70% of baseball fans said that at least once since 2002.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Another solid performance out of Moose today. I hope the bullpen holds onto this one for him!

Looks like you avoided the sweep, fun series to watch though

Well this was a great road trip until we got to Anaheim. 6-5 isn't to shabby but I wanted better. Hopefully Randy will start our homestand off right against the Twins and we'll be able to get a little revenge on the Halos after the Twins series!

I was at the game today, Mussina kept batters off balance all day.Halos did leave alot of runners on base today.Good game though, man it was hot out there.I had great seats 8 rows from the field down the right field line.Drank too much beer out in the sun though.See ya next week in the Bronx.:D

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Well this was a great road trip until we got to Anaheim. 6-5 isn't to shabby but I wanted better. Hopefully Randy will start our homestand off right against the Twins and we'll be able to get a little revenge on the Halos after the Twins series!

Yeah we had runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out in the 8th and Torre wasn't about to take any chances and brought Mariano in,I think he threw 1 or 2 pitches got a double play and ended our threat.:mad:

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Mariano is just mowing batters down. He's so good right now it's scary!

Ray Finkle said:
Actually the Yankees got Kevin Brown to counter the Red Sox for getting Curt Schilling. The Yankees also got Javy Vasquez to help counter the Sox move.

The Yanks did not get brown to "counter" the Schilling mobe, they got hm b/c they were despertae to get rid of Jeff Weaver and they inherited Brown's salary in return. Remember brown was very good in his last season in LA and started off '04 well until he got hurt but he was neevr brought in to counter schilling.

Well this was a great road trip until we got to Anaheim. 6-5 isn't to shabby but I wanted better.

What kind of "real" yankee fan would settle for 6-5? :lol: Do you see what i mean when I talk about being realistic? I said I was hoping for at least 2-2 and you wnet nuts saying 2-2 isn't good enough and now we go 1-3 and you are ok w/ it. We should have won 2 but we blew it Thursday, 6-5 is a pretty good trip considering the teams we faced and considering we picked up a game since the beginning of the trip.

Wait, read it again junc, did I say we had a great trip UNTIL Anaheim or did I say it was one after? 6-5 isn't to shabby but I don't know if you saw what I wrote (at your age, you might not have had your glasses on) but I wrote I wanted better! I'll take 6-5 because it's better then 5-6, 4-7, and so on but it doesn't mean I don't think this team should still be doing better. I set out on this road trip thinking the Yankees were going to go 11-0. Not because I was being "real" but because I am a Yankee fan. If you want to be "real" junc, don't cheer for teams, be objective. I choose to cheer for the Yankees which means I will cheer and expect them to win day in and day out. I'm the same with the Dolphins. They could suit up a high school team and at the end of the day, I'm still picking them to win the Super Bowl and go undefeated, why? Cause that's my team!

I set out on this road trip thinking the Yankees were going to go 11-0.

That's why you have no credibility. To say you hope to go 11-0 is one thing but to expect it is completely moronic.

If you want to be "real" junc, don't cheer for teams, be objective. I choose to cheer for the Yankees which means I will cheer and expect them to win day in and day out.

Chering and having an objective opinion are 2 different things, nobody roots harder for their teams than myself but I can seperate myself from being a homer most of the time.

They could suit up a high school team and at the end of the day, I'm still picking them to win the Super Bowl and go undefeated, why? Cause that's my team!

That's fine and it's great you are rooting for your team but you say you have a raido show in college. If you want to have a real radio show someday after you get out of college you'll need to be able to seperate your fandom from an honest opinion. I can do that, I am rooting hard every single game for my teams and I take losses hard but I am realistic and understand my teams aren't always the best. The late 90s-early 00 dynasty Yanks were the best and I had zero worries about that team but 2000 is 5 years ago now and this team does not give me the same confidence. Do I think we can win it all? Absolutely but I am not confident the way I was for those great teams and that's the ability to be able to give an objective opinion.

Back
Top Bottom