Official 2006 Finheaven VIP mock draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2006 Finheaven VIP mock draft

NLude33

Section 415, Row 17
Reaction score
Did a pick by pick mock draft over in the VIP, and thought I would share what we came up with in the draft forum. Listed is the team, that teams pick, and the VIP member that chose that player for that team. There are some surprises. It really shows how different ideas and opinions screw up the whole draft (and that is what the real draft is all about).

1. Texans - D'Brickshaw Ferguson - NLude33
2. Saints - Matt Leinart - infiltrateib
3. Titans - Reggie Bush - Buddwalk
4. Jets - Jay Cutler - FinNasty
5. Packers - AJ Hawk - phunwin
6. Oakland - Vince Young - Buddwalk
7. 49ers - DeAngelo Williams - phunwin
8. Bills - Mario Williams - Buddwalk
9. Lions - Michael Huff - Buddwalk
10. Cardinals - Haloti Ngata - Buddwalk
11. Rams - Jimmy Williams - FinNasty
12. Browns - Chad Greenway - Buddwalk
13. Ravens - LenDale White - NLude33
14. Eagles - Winston Justice - phunwin
15. Falcons - Mathias Kiwanuka - FinNasty
16. Dolphins - Ko Simpson - Buddwalk
17. Vikings - Vernon Davis - NLude33
18. Cowboys - Marcus McNeill - phunwin
19. Chargers - Antonio Cromartie - FinNasty
20. Chiefs - Brodrick Bunkley - Buddwalk
21. Patriots - Tye Hill - NLude33
22. Denver Broncos (from Washington) - Sinorice Moss - phunwin
23. Tampa Bay Bucs - Max Jean-Gilles - FinNasty
24. Cincinnati Bengals - Darnell Bing - Ace88
25. New York Giants - Ashton Youboty - Buddwalk
26. Chicago Bears - Santonio Holmes - NLude33
27. Carolina Panthers - Laurence Maroney - phunwin
28. Jacksonville Jaguars - Leonord Pope- FinNasty
29. Denver Broncos - Tamba Hali - infiltrateib
30. Indianapolis Colts - Eric Winston - Buddwalk
31. Seattle Seahawks - Ernie Sims - infiltrateib
32. Pittsburgh Steelers - Demeco Ryans - FinNasty

Good picks guys not a 1 i would disagree with......No trades though?

There are some ? marks there. The only thing that is not going to happen is the Texans taking D'Brick. They will trade down or draft Bush. Too much value not to even trade down.

Skeet84 said:
There are some ? marks there. The only thing that is not going to happen is the Texans taking D'Brick. They will trade down or draft Bush. Too much value not to even trade down.

Well, only if someone shows some interest to trade up. Similar to where we were last year. We would've loved to trade down, gain some picks and then take a different RB at some point, but no one would pay, so we took Brown.

Texans might be is same boat. They don't want to take the Brick where they are, but if no one trades they may be forced to take him. RB is not a position of need for te Texans.

Skeet84 said:

Well they dont need Bush while just signing DD to a 5yr deal...Brick is what the Texans need no doubt....Which actually makes it right cause if D Brick goes anywhere hell be a Titan if not.

NLude33 said:
Well, only if someone shows some interest to trade up. Similar to where we were last year. We would've loved to trade down, gain some picks and then take a different RB at some point, but no one would pay, so we took Brown.

They have already said that they are gunna pick Reggie Bush. Are you telling me that no one is willing to trade for the chance to draft either Reggie Bush, Vince Young, or Matt Leinart? I am sure they could find someone.

musphinzfan said:
Well they dont need Bush while just signing DD to a 5yr deal...Brick is what the Texans need no doubt....Which actually makes it right cause if D Brick goes anywhere hell be a Titan if not.

If they don't need a running back then why are they interested in Ricky? Davis is always getting hurt and they can never depend on him. Yes I agree that D'Brick would be great for the Texans. However they might think he is gunna be one of the best backs in the NFL.

I love this draft. I think there is a good chance that Texans might do this. After today they signed Carr, So why not pertect him, and like some of the rumors, trade for Ricky?!? You never know. I like this, if only we were all owners of NFL teams! Very creative. Props guys

I don't like the Simpson pick for Miami, and I'll be surprised if Gabe Watson makes it thru the first round unselected.

musphinzfan said:
Good picks guys not a 1 i would disagree with......No trades though?

True, would be interesting to see what trades might go down

playmaker1 said:
True, would be interesting to see what trades might go down

Very true, and there will be some trades for sure draft day. This was hard enough to keep organized without including trades.

Skeet84 said:
They have already said that they are gunna pick Reggie Bush. Are you telling me that no one is willing to trade for the chance to draft either Reggie Bush, Vince Young, or Matt Leinart? I am sure they could find someone.

By saying they will draft Reggie Bush, it increases the desire to trade up. People WANT Bush. If the Texans made it known that they didnt want Bush... no one would trade up. The Texans will want to trade down... and get as most as they possiblly can...

FinNasty said:
By saying they will draft Reggie Bush, it increases the desire to trade up. People WANT Bush. If the Texans made it known that they didnt want Bush... no one would trade up. The Texans will want to trade down... and get as most as they possiblly can...

That may be true, But could it be possible that they actually want Reggie Bush? You know they fake out the people who think they are just pretending to take Bush! :D

I don't think they would "fake" anyone out because it is near a foregone conclusion that Bush will go number one this year.

Miami is sitting in a very nice spot, tons of talent will be there no matter what, it won't kill their cap and they can get value at a number of positions.

I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.

The only head scratcher for me was indy taking an OT in round one. IMO they still have greater needs on defense, and one game where their O-line was completely befuddled by the Steelers' blitz scheme isn't enough to lose faith in the linemen they already have.

Back
Top Bottom