Official 2007 Angels of Anaheim Thread | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2007 Angels of Anaheim Thread

Joe Blanton was fantastic tonight. He's having a damn good year, very quietly. If the team scored some runs for him a few times he could have 11 wins.

Rich Harden will likely start on Saturday against the M's. He'll be on a pitch count (60-65) but it is a good sign at least for my A's.

Kiko Calero will be back by the weekend and Huston Street the following weekend. Maybe the bullpen will finallly be what I was expecting.

Kennedy blows. Harden coming back should give them a shot in the arm, as should a few of their other players coming back from injury. Huston Street coming back is going to be huge as well, as they won't have to rely on Gascan Embree to close games.

I've heard rumors of the Halos making a deal for Bonds at the deadline, I have no idea if it's true or not, but a 3/4 spot of Guerrero/Bonds would be outstanding. Of course, a deal would only happen after Bonds sets the record. IF it happened, give the Angels the title.....it's over.

I dont see the Angels trading for Bonds. He just doesnt fit a Sciocia type player because we wouldnt put in the OF over Willits and I dont see Mike wanting a guy who can only DH.

Lyle Spencer, of Angels.MLB.com, reports the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, going into July 4, had five starters hitting over .300, which is more than any other club in the majors. Those starters are SS Orlando Cabrera (.333), OF Reggie Willits (.330), OF Vladimir Guerrero (.328), 3B Chone Figgins (.318) and 1B Casey Kotchman (.306). Angels 2B Howie Kendrick (.299) is just below the mark.

Escobar pitched well again in a game we needed, he should be an all-star imo but Okijima has pitched great so far too. Hopefully we can continue to play well against the Yankees this weekend.

Kennedy blows. Harden coming back should give them a shot in the arm, as should a few of their other players coming back from injury. Huston Street coming back is going to be huge as well, as they won't have to rely on Gascan Embree to close games.

I've heard rumors of the Halos making a deal for Bonds at the deadline, I have no idea if it's true or not, but a 3/4 spot of Guerrero/Bonds would be outstanding. Of course, a deal would only happen after Bonds sets the record. IF it happened, give the Angels the title.....it's over.

I'll be elated to see Huston back. Embree can go back to what he was brought in to do, set up Huston. He's fine in that role but he is not equipped to be a closer.

Harden could will start on the weekend. I hope they stick to the pitch count and have him throw 60-65. Let him throw a side session over the All Star break and maybe get him up to 90 pitches in his 2nd start.

Calero pitched a simulated game and Kurt Young said he looked good.

Who knows, 2 weeks from now the pitching staff could be intact for the 1st time since May.:lol:

Well I thought I'd be ordering my playoff tickets next month! Talk about a team doing a 180! I can't believe how well the Mariners continue to play! This is just like last years A's. They kept hanging around and eventually passed up the Angels. For good. Whoever said the West was weak has sh#t for brains. Just goes to show that any group of players who play as a team and to there potential can win in this league! I hope this break helps us big time! There is all of a sudden a crack in the dam that used to be our stellar pitching staff. I won't jump ship yet. There's still a lot of baseball to be played. If the shaky pitching continues, maybe a call to bring back Saunders (who pitched great at the beginning of the season) to change it up a bit and get some W's back on the board. And this loss hurts bad cause I hate tha Yanks!

Back
Top Bottom