Official 2007 Angels of Anaheim Thread | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2007 Angels of Anaheim Thread

I still have to think Seattle is more likely to fall apart the 2nd half than the Angels. Weaver and Batista just cant keep pitching like this.

Happiest I've been to see the 1st half end in YEARS. If the A's don't come out on fire, winning 190 of 12 or something I can see them unloading some players before the deadline.

They have some youngsters (Suzuki, Barton) who need to play because I see them both as everyday player next year.

Rich Harden's shoulder is acting up AGAIN after his start on Saturday. He's going to L.A. to see a surgeon about his shoulder. I have a feeling he's gonna need to get cut on. In a way I hope it does happen. I'd rather him miss the rest of the year and part of next year and be RIGHT instead of being a D.L. yo-yo.

Lets hope Vlady drops some bombs in the HR Derby tonight.:rawk:

:yes:

Doesnt really seem like his format for HRs but I'm glad he's participating. Will be interesting to see if he can take a pitch in a HR derby :chuckle:

I could have gotten free tickets to the HR derby but couldnt go because of jury duty :boohoo:

Vlad Daddy!

hope he wins it all.

:drinkers:Here's to the Halos having a great second half. Btw it had been awhile since the Yanks got the better of our Angels.

One agent estimated that Yankees 3B Alex Rodriguez could get "$30 million per year or close, especially after the year he's having. He's not going to get an eight-year contract, though." Another agent and a GM estimated that Rodriguez would get seven or eight years, but not exceed the $27 million he's making this year. ... Angels, 4-1 Owner Arte Moreno has given mixed signals about a run at A-Rod, but Rodriguez hasn't been shy about his admiration for the Angels. That, plus the proximity to Boras' Newport Beach offices, might make the Angels the unofficial favorite. ... Dodgers, 5-1 The team set firmly in a star-driven town doesn't have anyone to match the wattage of some of the Hollywood types sitting in the expensive seats at Dodger Stadium, but Rodriguez would offer that cachet. Nomar Garciaparra starts at third now, but he can play other positions. Shortstop Rafael Furcal could change positions, too. ... Red Sox, 5-1 This would be a coup that Larry Lucchino would appreciate, taking A-Rod away from the "Evil Empire" and then setting him on the pinstripers 19 times a year. "They love that kind of PR," one competing GM said. Several baseball executives called the Red Sox the likely landing spot - after all, the Sox tried to trade for him before he became a Yankee. Rodriguez might have his pick of positions, too, because third baseman Mike Lowell will be a free agent and the Sox are disenchanted with shortstop Julio Lugo, who's hitting .197. The Sox might have to move Lugo's contract, though, a four-year, $36-million albatross signed before this season. But they could have plenty of A-Rod dollars free if they get rid of Manny Ramirez and don't re-sign Curt Schilling. -- NY Daily News

It doesnt seem like Arte is willing to pay that much but who knows. As long as he doesnt go to the Dodgers though.

Nice to see Frankie get a shot and get the final out of the All-Star game. You could tell he was really trying too hard against the first guy he faced. American League OWNS once again! Congrats to Ichiro too!

AL West Dominates Allstar week.
HR Derby Champ- Vladimir Guerrero
Allstar MVP- Ichiro
:silverphin:

Back
Top Bottom