***Official 2010-2011 Miami Heat Thread*** | Page 166 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official 2010-2011 Miami Heat Thread***

Doesn't bother me a bit.

If you've never cried after failing at something you've put your everything into, then obviously you've never put your everything into anything.

I didn't mean it in a bad way...it hurt me to see him like that. He put his all into it (in front of his daughter) and fell short. That's pretty much how I was last night....I was broken into pieces and I just drank until I couldn't anymore.

Nah I know you didn't mean it in a bad way. But I see all of the backlash and hate that these dudes are taking for crying over this loss and it's a bit ridiculous. People cry after winning and it's ok. Dirk cried last night and had to leave the court. Is he a cry baby? No. But when you lose, you're tagged as a cry baby for some reason. People act as if when you lose you've supposed to hang your head and bow before your opponent like some peasant.

Nah I know you didn't mean it in a bad way. But I see all of the backlash and hate that these dudes are taking for crying over this loss and it's a bit ridiculous. People cry after winning and it's ok. Dirk cried last night and had to leave the court. Is he a cry baby? No. But when you lose, you're tagged as a cry baby for some reason. People act as if when you lose you've supposed to hang your head and bow before your opponent like some peasant.

I'm not going to lie, I was emotional last night. I felt broke, teary eyed and just said **** it to everything. I couldn't watch them celebrate on our court. When the clock hit the double zero, I turned off the tv and just broke into a million pieces. I didn't talk to anyone the rest of the night. Thank god I had no cell phone reception where I was at. Today when I got home I went online and read all the stories and saw all the pics and it hit me even harder. I won't get over this for a long time

Another thing I forgot to mention, is there's a good chance the NBA moves from a soft cap to a hard cap with non-guaranteed contracts. The last proposal was a 45 million hard cap. It will be interesting to see how this goes. A hard cap will be somewhere between 45 and 55 million imo. Very well could drastically change the landscape of the NBA with teams needing to cut players, and other teams being able to free up cap room .

As a Sixers fan, I would be quite happy with that. Would help us a heck of a lot if we could get rid of Brand, Nocioni, and Speights and get back 26.7 million in cap room to get the go to scorer and defensive anchor at center to make us a contender. For you Heat fans, that would hurt even more as the Big 3 alone make over 47 million next year.

I agree with this. The players put in too much work to get this far to fall short. People complaining about it obviously have never failed at completing a goal they put a lot of effort in. Lucky *******s....

Another thing I forgot to mention, is there's a good chance the NBA moves from a soft cap to a hard cap with non-guaranteed contracts. The last proposal was a 45 million hard cap. It will be interesting to see how this goes. A hard cap will be somewhere between 45 and 55 million imo. Very well could drastically change the landscape of the NBA with teams needing to cut players, and other teams being able to free up cap room .

As a Sixers fan, I would be quite happy with that. Would help us a heck of a lot if we could get rid of Brand, Nocioni, and Speights and get back 26.7 million in cap room to get the go to scorer and defensive anchor at center to make us a contender. For you Heat fans, that would hurt even more as the Big 3 alone make over 47 million next year.
I would gladly get rid of Nocioni and Speights to free up some money, but I would like us to keep Brand even though he has a pretty big contract.

...imo..the Miami Heat had plenty enough talent on the Court to win a championship....that's not their problem.....the Heat need more talent between the ears....including Spoelstra

...imo..the Miami Heat had plenty enough talent on the Court to win a championship....that's not their problem.....the Heat need more talent between the ears....including Spoelstra
My main issue with Spoelstra was that he wore his players down to the point where they weren't as fresh in the fourth quarter. The Mavs knew when to rest Dirk and their other key guys, and they eventually won the title.

My main issue with Spoelstra was that he wore his players down to the point where they weren't as fresh in the fourth quarter. The Mavs knew when to rest Dirk and their other key guys, and they eventually won the title.

....that's a lack of depth issue....I had a bigger issue with Spoelstra not running a full court press on the Mavs when the Heat still had enough time to get back in the game... defense,it's the Heats' biggest strength I believe.... imo,that's bad coaching.... my Lakers got their A**** handed to them by these same Mavericks....it was their time...they played great ball throughout the playoffs...

The key for the Heat at this point is Spoelstra developing into a head coach. I'm not so sure they can get rid of him because his defensive scheme is damn good and more than makes up for all the garbage surrounding the big 3. Without great defensive play, the Heat just aren't a great team. That was evident in the Finals I think. The Heat defense in the Finals was not very good at all. The Mavs had wide open looks all series, they were just missing them the first few games. When they started hitting them though, the series was over I thought.

The key for the heat is lebron being mentally tough and playing like he is capable when it matters most. Miami didn't lose this series b/c of coaching, they lost it b/c Lebron didn't play like he was capable of- the same reason Cle lost the last couple of years.

If I was Riley, I would seriously consider trading LeBron for Dwight. It's just really hard to win a championship without a defensive force at Center, evident by the last 20 championships at least. And now with Dwight's offensive game, the guy is dominant and could of won MVP last year. It would be much easier to win with a wing and a dominant big, than 2 wings.

nah...if i was the heat i'd try and offer up bosh first for a impact center...i doubt the magic would take just bosh for d howard but i'd already have been on the phone tryin to work something out...but howards got his limits also...zero game outside of 10 foot from the basket in the half court set and a horrid free throw shooter...but he'd destroy the glass and the rim...

at any rate my guess is howard ends up a laker...i think bynum odom and something else will be offered up and the magic might be dumb enough to do it...bynums days are over in los angeles...no chance howard resigns with the magic and they know it...not unless they get 2 more studs and i don't see it

bosh is absolutely the piece i'd offer up

How is it crazy talk? The last 10 Finals:

Mavericks - Tyson Chandler, Brendan Haywood Heat - Joel Anthony, Ilgauskas

Lakers - Andrew Bynum Celtics - Kendrick Perkins, KG

Lakers - Andrew Bynum Magic - Dwight Howard

Celtics - Perkins, KG Lakers - Andrew Bynum, Ronny Turiaf

Spurs - Tim Duncan Cavs - Varejao, Ilgauskas

Heat - Shaq, Alonzo Mourning Mavericks - Erick Dampier, Desagana Diop

Spurs - Duncan, Nesterovic Pistons - Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace

Pistons - Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace Lakers - Shaq

Spurs - Duncan, David Robinson Nets - Mutombo, K-Mart

Lakers - Shaq Nets - K-Mart

Lakers - Shaq 76ers - Theo Ratliff, Mutombo

That's just the last decade. The Heat don't have the cap to get a Center, and good Centers are too important to sign for the MLE. The Heat with Wade and Dwight, unstoppable. The Heat with Wade and Lebron and whoever at Center, can be exposed on both sides of the floor.

Bynum is an average player, Perkins was hurt
Chandler/Haywood are decent players
Mourning was a shell of his old choking self in 2006, the Mavs had nothing
I wouldn't call Rasheed or ben Wallace a Center
david Robsinons was on his last legs in 2003 and Duncan is a power forward

The lack of a C didn't cost the Heat, the lack of lebron playing big in big moments cost them. How much more does this guy need around him to win? this is getting ridiculous. The only move that needs to be made is to bring lebron to see the wizard and get him a heart.

The onyl big time C to win a title in the last 15 years or so ahs been Shaq. The other guys have been more PF types like Duncan and Garnett(for his lone title). Bosh played well enough for Miami to win, Miami didn't win b/c of lebron.

there is no big 3 in miami...its a big 2 plus one...bosh can hit the uncontested 20 footer...hooray...i get that for his size thats rare but he's soft on the defensive end provides no shot blocking whatsoever despite his length and dissappears if that jumpers not going

if that jumpers goin he can give you 20 plus if its not he gives you 6...inconsistent

It was pretty remarkable they made it as far as they did with 5 players.

And I'd agree they don't need a center. If it comes down to offering their exception or cap room to a legit starting PG or C I'd take the point anyday. I was skeptical after their early season struggles with Haslem in the middle but after watching him in the playoffs I believe it can work. How many true back to the basket bigs exist these days?

there is no big 3 in miami...its a big 2 plus one...bosh can hit the uncontested 20 footer...hooray...i get that for his size thats rare but he's soft on the defensive end provides no shot blocking whatsoever despite his length and dissappears if that jumpers not going

if that jumpers goin he can give you 20 plus if its not he gives you 6...inconsistent

You could say the same thing about Lebron so is it really the big 1?

Back
Top Bottom