***Official 2018 FIFA World Cup thread*** | Page 46 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official 2018 FIFA World Cup thread***

Ahhhhh...first semi final today: Belgium facing France.
Personally I think we will see the next WC Champion today. Both teams are stronger than their counter parts in the other game tomorrow (Croatia vs England).
And between the two teams I probably give Belgium the nod that is....
....if Martinez makes the same mistakes he did against Brazil it will not be enough. Martinez made the first mistake and pulled Belgium completely back into defense in the second half. That is not what Belgium is. They are not a defensive team. They are playing an aggressive style soccer defending high. They gave the entire midfield to Brazil.
That type of play is exhausting which led to the second major mistake by Martinez. He substituted late. Everybody could see that some Belgium players could hardly stand straight up but he waited until the last 10 minutes. By that time Brazil already played with three fresh players for a while. It almost cost Belgium dearly.

I think it will come down to coaching and who coaches mistake free.

Here is a cute little tidbit:
Since 1990 either Brazil or the team who beat Brazil went to the finals. :happy

One more little tidbit...
The 7 Nation Army chant which popular in sporting events around the world (incl NFL and college football) originated in Belgium in 2003 from the fans of Club Brugge.

@Sport_Witness: 14 of the 22 on the pitch were Premier League players last season.

Belgium better get a goal with their early spells of possession because before this game is over France is gonna catch them on the counter and put one in.

God Mbappe is so good already. If he can stay healthy he is gonna dominate soccer conversation, like Messi and Ronaldo have, for the next decade and change.

Giroud looks like an old man out there.

He is like a rich mans Mario Gomez (he at least defends and can hold up play)

Yea Dembele was horrid today.

When play opens up as Belgium starts to press. . . It gon get gud.

Belgium completely flat. De Bruyne has now the Dembele disease as well. Too many unforced errors.

Hazard is the only one with a fight. And that was clearly a foul on him.

I think Hazard could be suffering a little bit from the “Neymar” disease last game. I rewatched the Belgium/Brazil game . . . He was over embellishing more than anybody in that game between the falls on soft contact and loud screams followed by quick celebration.

Refs aren’t being as friendly to him today . . . .that first drop was a foul, the second one wasn’t.

But he is an absolute beast on the dribble. The best I have seen this Cup between his speed and possession control. Messi doesn’t have that speed anymore.

The stoppage time is an indication of Belgium in the second half. No urgency, mistakes and a coach who is clueless. And France does the minimum required.

Back
Top Bottom