*** Official Baltimore Ravens @ Miami Dolphins Game Thread *** Preseason Wk3 | Page 50 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Baltimore Ravens @ Miami Dolphins Game Thread *** Preseason Wk3

I thought outside of a couple of good throws, the TD one (where the ball placement helped Amendola make the most of a short throw) and the long bomb to Drake, Tannehill looked woeful, a Deer in the headlights at times. IT's pre-season so doesn't matter but that O was awful tonight , a full strength O, led by this guy.

I mean my approach to Ryan has been much more cautious then most so when I see things he is getting better at I like to point it out. Some are expecting him to pickup where he left off almost immediately and I just think that isn’t fair to him.

But week 1 we will find out if the oline is legit because Ryan isn’t ready to deal with that garbage he has had in front of him the majority of his career.

I think we'll get beat up by Tennessee. Mariota and their offense will run over, around, and through our defense.

I don't know about that. If we are just judging by preseason. The Titans starters, especially on offense , have looked awful as well. I don't see the Titans as being as good as many people are hyping them up to be. I still see a one dimentional offense with a slightly above average defense. Good thing for them that their supposed strength on offense matches up with the supposed weakness of the Dolphins defense. Who knows though, that team has a new coaching staff. Won't be surprised to see them struggle early.

I will say if the Dolphins can get an early lead and at least limit the Titans running game , including Mariota's scrambling, then the Dolphins will have a great shot at winning.

The Titans are the first of many teams who are going to look at our D and just go read option the entire way. Between short passes, inside runs, outside runs and QB keepers, there are bundles of yards on offer. Just read the Mike, adjust for formation and down and take your best option.

That's not to be pessimistic, I just don't understand why we persist with the wide 9 when we are struggling to fill the interior gaps with the personnel we have. Would Wake, Quinn and co be so much worse off taking a more traditional 4-3 alignment?

Anyway, I saw a lot to like from the Fins in the limited bits I could access. Offensively I think they're much better than the record over preseason suggests. Id like to see us open better holes on the interior in the run game. That would really open the offense up.

Pass DD look generally pretty good.

It’s not that deep. Please go outside, and get some fresh air, bro. My stance on Tannehill falls along with his national perception. The national perception some of you refuse to accept.

I want the Dolphins to win. I want the Dolphins to be an exciting and entertaining product. That’s my only “agenda”. I’m tired of being mired in mediocrity. And I don’t like the current direction. And I’m gonna talk about it. And I don’t care if anyone disagrees with me.

Enjoy the season.

I genuinely hope you do, too. But if you’re going to suggest that you don’t have a serious anti-Tannehill slant in any and all QB related threads, (and some that AREN’T), I’m not the one who needs more air.

I genuinely hope you do, too. But if you’re going to suggest that you don’t have a serious anti-Tannehill slant in any and all QB related threads, (and some that AREN’T), I’m not the one who needs more air.
What makes him any different from those who see absolutely no flaw with Tannehill?

Such as what?

Which posters see "no flaw" with Tannehill? I don't see any posters saying Tannehill is perfect. I see very few suggesting that he's elite. He clearly has some limitations, and he still lacks pocket awareness. And yet there are frequent posters who in this very thread have suggested he's not even an NFL-caliber starting QB.

Going in to the season I was worried about DT, kicker, LB and injury concerns to players like Drake and RT. The kicking is looking ok, DT looked better last night so LB is the main concern at this point along with possible Burke. Just a ton of new moving pieces to consider but also consider this these past 2 seasons it been that same way but worse instead as we have had to make do with retreads and waiver wire pickups to fill out the roster which is why coming off a 10 6, and a 7 9 these past 2 year with inferior rosters I expect a 10 6 season this year.

Which posters see "no flaw" with Tannehill? I don't see any posters saying Tannehill is perfect. I see very few suggesting that he's elite. He clearly has some limitations, and he still lacks pocket awareness. And yet there are frequent posters who in this very thread have suggested he's not even an NFL-caliber starting QB.
First of all personally I don't care about one side of the issue or the other.
Secondly there are a bunch who think Tannehill is flawless (and you know it) but I can't mention them here. Calling out posters in a thread they are not participating in is against the TOS.
Finally it is tiresome how one group always thinks they are superior to the other or better fans and have the right to call them out. Neither one is right at this point: Tannehill is neither elite nor a QB who does not deserve to be in the NFL.

Secondly there are a bunch who think Tannehill is flawless (and you know it) but I can't mention them here. Calling out posters in a thread they are not participating in is against the TOS.
Finally it is tiresome how one group always thinks they are superior to the other or better fans and have the right to call them out. Neither one is right at this point: Tannehill is neither elite nor a QB who does not deserve to be in the NFL.

tenor.gif

I'm certainly not one to say that one person is a better fan than another. And I don't agree that there are a bunch who think he's flawless. I simply disagree with that. I can think of ONE who might fit that bill. Certainly not to the extent that a handful of posters just wander into almost every single thread and not only start an anti-Tannehill narrative, but also mock the opinion of those who disagree with them.

But you're right. It's tiresome as hell.

It’s not RT that’s going to be the primary reason this season does go as many of you expect. (I’m talking to anyone who thinks they’re better than 8-8.) It will be the lack of overall talent. The personnel decisions this offseason, mainly in free agency, lack talent and sustainability. It’s full of aging vets with injury histories. They going to do well with one: Robert Quinn. He won’t be the elite player he was early in his career. But 12 sacks is probable. Definitely not good enough to be a major difference maker, but a nice piece to have. Thats as optimistic as I am about any new face in free agency.

The rookies will be nice pieces to build on and next year could be a playoff team with 8 or so upgrades on the OL, DL, LB, WR and CB.

Back
Top Bottom