*** OFFICIAL BUFFALO BILLS @ MIAMI DOLPHINS GAME THREAD *** WK3 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL BUFFALO BILLS @ MIAMI DOLPHINS GAME THREAD *** WK3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bills fan here.

Wanted to say good luck tomorrow, exciting game for both teams and fanbases. First time registering/posting on another team's forum. Obvious focus is the AFC East--Jets just bore me, and growing up in New England during their seemingly endless run of domination especially against the Bills left me with less than fond feelings for the Patriots and their fans lol. Dolphins fans I always liked, and always enjoyed how you all would give them serious trouble in Miami even during their best years.

My first real memories and enjoyment of football are with the early to mid 90s Bills teams and especially Bills-Miami. Only game I ever saw in person was in Buffalo against them in the snow, Kelly vs Marino. Literally had 10 layers on.

I understand how frustrated Dolphins fans are at the disrespect the team is receiving, particularly Tua himself. I've always disliked the treatment of young quarterbacks, the impatience from both the organization and fans when it came to their development. I was probably being a homer a bit with some of our guys during the drought years, but I think a few of them could have become something special if given the time. For example, Geno Smith looks at least competent to start the season. 9 years into his journey--I felt EJ Manuel could've probably done the same. But these organizations really don't seem to ever have the luxury of time, and by that I mean the GM/HC in place. They get, what, 3 years max? It's almost impossible to develop a guy who needs more than 2 years to show something, because by year 3 they're already being pressured to start whatever alternative is available. It's probably the hardest position in all of sports, with the least leeway for setbacks.

I think every team needs the GM/HC/Franchise QB in place as the foundation for prolonged success. Your McD is probably that guy it already seems, and I'm seeing some positive sentiment about your GM from a lot of you. I'll admit Idk much about him. Now there's Tua...

The amount of flak this young guy has received is pretty unreal. Again, I usually feel for all young QBs regardless of team (unless they're a total pos lol), but with Tua I was like wtf...give the kid a damn second to breathe. From my outside pov, it honestly looked like organizational dysfunction was going to contribute to him going down as a mistake and failure. I mean, how can you possibly develop both as a player and with your mindset with a circus around you? Flores seemed solid, but I'm seeing he kind of was a douche with Tua? Pulling after an int, benching the kid for Fitzy whenever possible. Is this viewed as Flores being selfish and just going for the best win total despite what was best for the organization or what? I know wins are critical, but your top pick needs reps.

Anyway, I'm genuinely glad to see Tua starting to have things click. It's cool to see. And I've been watching Herbert--hadn't been really, so from the outside it seemed like he's a real stud with all the tools. Idk now. I feel like he might be a guy that will give the Chargers continuous false hope...a total package who somehow always effs up at the worst time? Or maybe he will continue to improve as well. Idk, he looks a bit stiff for someone so athletic.

Tua, I always thought could be the guy IF given the time and of course the tools to develop. There's nature and nurture with all this for sure, but no one will survive in a **** environment without weapons. Every top QB has weapons, and you see when some of those weapons walk that the QB suddenly loses that extra something. There are moments of progression with these QBs, and Tua had one for sure last weekend. We'll see where he's at tomorrow, but I'm expecting him to show up ready to rock and roll. I think Hill and Waddle put up yardage, with TDs remaining to be seen. That's up to the Bills. My guess is they will be extra focused on no over the top and so will sacrifice more than normal to keep everything in front of them. Especially with Hyde now out. This will work in Miami's favor as far as ball control as well. Bills will try to balance TofP with aggressiveness in coverage I think. The longer Miami holds the ball, the less time Bills O has to work. Intriguing strategic battle here.

I think the key battle is Miami oline vs Buffalo dline. Oliver out hurts. Phillips out hurts. Bills still have some gamers and solid depth, but every millisecond extra Tua has to throw works against the Bills. This is what I'll be watching primarily.

Have fun tomorrow, enjoy it. Glad to see Miami back for real. And honestly, eff the media. I think we're all just addicted from years past when sports coverage was actually fun and ESPN was something you'd leave on all day without thinking twice. Now, they just trigger us. I promise you the Bills are taking the Dolphins deadly serious.

I can't even give a score prediction here. I would never bet on this one lol. Any and every scenario makes sense on some level. Have fun!

Bills fan here.

Wanted to say good luck tomorrow, exciting game for both teams and fanbases. First time registering/posting on another team's forum. Obvious focus is the AFC East--Jets just bore me, and growing up in New England during their seemingly endless run of domination especially against the Bills left me with less than fond feelings for the Patriots and their fans lol. Dolphins fans I always liked, and always enjoyed how you all would give them serious trouble in Miami even during their best years.

My first real memories and enjoyment of football are with the early to mid 90s Bills teams and especially Bills-Miami. Only game I ever saw in person was in Buffalo against them in the snow, Kelly vs Marino. Literally had 10 layers on.

I understand how frustrated Dolphins fans are at the disrespect the team is receiving, particularly Tua himself. I've always disliked the treatment of young quarterbacks, the impatience from both the organization and fans when it came to their development. I was probably being a homer a bit with some of our guys during the drought years, but I think a few of them could have become something special if given the time. For example, Geno Smith looks at least competent to start the season. 9 years into his journey--I felt EJ Manuel could've probably done the same. But these organizations really don't seem to ever have the luxury of time, and by that I mean the GM/HC in place. They get, what, 3 years max? It's almost impossible to develop a guy who needs more than 2 years to show something, because by year 3 they're already being pressured to start whatever alternative is available. It's probably the hardest position in all of sports, with the least leeway for setbacks.

I think every team needs the GM/HC/Franchise QB in place as the foundation for prolonged success. Your McD is probably that guy it already seems, and I'm seeing some positive sentiment about your GM from a lot of you. I'll admit Idk much about him. Now there's Tua...

The amount of flak this young guy has received is pretty unreal. Again, I usually feel for all young QBs regardless of team (unless they're a total pos lol), but with Tua I was like wtf...give the kid a damn second to breathe. From my outside pov, it honestly looked like organizational dysfunction was going to contribute to him going down as a mistake and failure. I mean, how can you possibly develop both as a player and with your mindset with a circus around you? Flores seemed solid, but I'm seeing he kind of was a douche with Tua? Pulling after an int, benching the kid for Fitzy whenever possible. Is this viewed as Flores being selfish and just going for the best win total despite what was best for the organization or what? I know wins are critical, but your top pick needs reps.

Anyway, I'm genuinely glad to see Tua starting to have things click. It's cool to see. And I've been watching Herbert--hadn't been really, so from the outside it seemed like he's a real stud with all the tools. Idk now. I feel like he might be a guy that will give the Chargers continuous false hope...a total package who somehow always effs up at the worst time? Or maybe he will continue to improve as well. Idk, he looks a bit stiff for someone so athletic.

Tua, I always thought could be the guy IF given the time and of course the tools to develop. There's nature and nurture with all this for sure, but no one will survive in a **** environment without weapons. Every top QB has weapons, and you see when some of those weapons walk that the QB suddenly loses that extra something. There are moments of progression with these QBs, and Tua had one for sure last weekend. We'll see where he's at tomorrow, but I'm expecting him to show up ready to rock and roll. I think Hill and Waddle put up yardage, with TDs remaining to be seen. That's up to the Bills. My guess is they will be extra focused on no over the top and so will sacrifice more than normal to keep everything in front of them. Especially with Hyde now out. This will work in Miami's favor as far as ball control as well. Bills will try to balance TofP with aggressiveness in coverage I think. The longer Miami holds the ball, the less time Bills O has to work. Intriguing strategic battle here.

I think the key battle is Miami oline vs Buffalo dline. Oliver out hurts. Phillips out hurts. Bills still have some gamers and solid depth, but every millisecond extra Tua has to throw works against the Bills. This is what I'll be watching primarily.

Have fun tomorrow, enjoy it. Glad to see Miami back for real. And honestly, eff the media. I think we're all just addicted from years past when sports coverage was actually fun and ESPN was something you'd leave on all day without thinking twice. Now, they just trigger us. I promise you the Bills are taking the Dolphins deadly serious.

I can't even give a score prediction here. I would never bet on this one lol. Any and every scenario makes sense on some level. Have fun!
Hopefully we win, but welcome to the forum, hopefully everyone can play nice as well

As a fair warning - these game day threads devolve pretttyyyyyyy quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom