**Official CBA Thread II - Update: Owners Approve CBA!** | Page 44 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official CBA Thread II - Update: Owners Approve CBA!**

tmny99 said:
Bills | Team votes against new CBA
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 17:54:13 -0800
<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/9">ESPN.com's Chris Mortensen reports the Buffalo Bills were one of two teams to vote against the new NFL collective bargaining agreement.

I expect nothing less from the Jills.

Who gives a **** about the Bills

Great news indeed, but we still need to clear cap and do some contract restructuring before going to the Free Agency market. Hopefully Jason, Zach, and Kevin will restructure, and Gus will be cut. And maybe cut Marty Booker, to bring in a wide receiver like David Givens.

things may have calmed down a little but still...

OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DREW BREES!1!!!!!!!1!!!!!! MAWAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ADAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOHOOO!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!

Owners approve six-year CBA extension
NFL.com wire reports GRAPEVINE, Texas (March 8, 2006) -- Labor peace was restored to the NFL when the owners agreed to the players' union proposal, extending the collective bargaining agreement for six years.
There were no further details on the agreement, including whether it includes expanded revenue sharing.
The vote was 30-2, with Buffalo and Cincinnati, two low-revenue teams, voting against it.
Free agency, put off twice by the protracted negotiations between the owners and players, now will start at 12:01 a.m. ET on March 10.
"It was a good compromise," said Jim Irsay, owner of low-revenue Indianapolis. "We're happy with it -- 30-2 is a good vote."

tmny99 said:
Bills | Team votes against new CBA
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 17:54:13 -0800
<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/9">ESPN.com's Chris Mortensen reports the Buffalo Bills were one of two teams to vote against the new NFL collective bargaining agreement.

I expect nothing less from the Jills.

Wow! Only 2 no votes after all this BS. Great job Tagliabue! NFL's Man of the Year!

Vertical Limit said:
Great news indeed, but we still need to clear cap and do some contract restructuring before going to the Free Agency market. Hopefully Jason, Zach, and Kevin will restructure, and Gus will be cut. And maybe cut Marty Booker, to bring in a wide receiver like David Givens.

To disagree slightly, Both Zach and JT have earned each penny of their contracts. Both are still dominators at their positions and I personally don't feel that they should have to restructure anything that would involve them getting 1 penny less.

I think Tagliabue and Upshaw both need to be applauded since Upshaw was the one that gave the final deal to the owners. Tagliabue more so for fixing the revenue sharing BS.

Mr Dolfan said:
To disagree slightly, Both Zach and JT have earned each penny of their contracts. Both are still dominators at their positions and I personally don't feel that they should have to restructure anything that would involve them getting 1 penny less.

I agree with you, but if they are still willing to restructure their deals to free up even more $$ I think they will because they know the direction of this team and how that much extra money could be the difference in getting another player or two or not. But you're right, if they don't want to, hey, they certainly have earned the right to refuse without being looked at in a bad light..

Free agency delayed another day?!?!?!?!?!?! Are you kidding me??? They sure are making us wait for Brees, aren't they?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:koolbang: :jumper:

Back
Top Bottom