Official Cuts, Releases, Rumors Of such League Wide | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Cuts, Releases, Rumors Of such League Wide

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 1m1 minute ago
I've been saying Andre Johnson is going to New England for two years. This time I mean it.

shut the hell up Omar. Watch him be right for once and it'll totally go to his head

The 49ers are reportedly open to dealing one of their reserve inside linebackers.

According to Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee, the club has placed fourth-year pro Michael Wilhoite on the trading block.

With Navorro Bowman (knee) missing the entire season and Patrick Willis (toe) sitting out the final 10 games, the 28-year-old Wilhoite was a 16-game starter for San Francisco in 2014, notching 87 tackles, six passes defended and two picks.

However, Wilhoite figures as a backup this season, and the 49ers are willing to move the exclusive-rights free agent, the Bee reports. The club seeks a sixth- or seventh-round pick, the newspaper said.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/04/report-49ers-offering-lb-michael-wilhoite-in-trade/

Cowboys signed former Buffalo Bills free agent linebacker Keith Rivers

Redskins keeping Kirk Cousins as RGIII competition

On Wednesday, Vikings G.M. Rick Spielman and coach Mike Zimmer traveled to Houston to meet with running back Adrian Peterson. After the four-hour sit-down between the three men, Peterson said the session went well, according to ESPN.com.

How well or why it went well isn’t known; Peterson opted not to share any of the details.

By agreeing to meet face-to-face with his head coach and by not cutting it off before four hours passed, that’s a very good sign for the continuation of Peterson’s career in Minnesota. Coupled with the Vikings’ apparently willingness to pay Peterson the full $12.75 million he’s due to earn in 2015, it could be that Peterson will let bygones be bygones and return to the franchise with which he has spent his entire career.

One source with knowledge of the team’s thinking believes that’s exactly what will happen. While it’s too early to call it a done deal, there’s suddenly some reason for optimism that Peterson will be wearing purple come Week One.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/04/adrian-peterson-says-meeting-with-vikings-went-well/

From Josina Anderson

Adrian Peterson's statement to me: "I appreciate Rick [Spielman] and Coach [Mike] Zimmer coming down to see me today. We had a great dialogue and they were able to understand where I was coming from and concerns my family and I still have. We respect each other and hopefully the situation can pan out so that everyone involved is content."

Mike Jurecki ‏@mikejurecki
Hearing the #Niners are closing in on Darnell Dockett, going to make him offer, passed his physical, per source.

Around The NFL ‏@AroundTheNFL 1h1 hour ago
Although DeMeco Ryans is due nearly $7 million coming off Achilles surgery, @RapSheet expects him to stay with Eagles this season.

I hate it when teams sign old veteran RB's at the tail end of their career.....Its like a tease, it rarely works out and its just kind of depressing. Reminds me of

Emmitt Smith with Arizona
S-Jax with Atlanta
LT with Jets
Jones-Drew with Raiders
Fred Taylor with Pats
Brian Westbrook with 49ers
Jamal Lewis with Browns
Shaun Alexander with skins
Ahman Green with Texans
Edgerine James with Seattle

And that's a very impressive bunch of RB's, a lot of hall of famers. Lets not waste our time and money on someone like Frank Gore

I hate it when teams sign old veteran RB's at the tail end of their career.....Its like a tease, it rarely works out and its just kind of depressing. Reminds me of

Emmitt Smith with Arizona
S-Jax with Atlanta
LT with Jets
Jones-Drew with Raiders
Fred Taylor with Pats
Brian Westbrook with 49ers
Jamal Lewis with Browns
Shaun Alexander with skins
Ahman Green with Texans
Edgerine James with Seattle

And that's a very impressive bunch of RB's, a lot of hall of famers. Lets not waste our time and money on someone like Frank Gore

I Dont even remember Alexander playing with the skins.

I wouldn't mind Gore, but One thing I think people are overlooking is he still thinks of himself as a true #1 back. Won't be happy if he's not getting #1 back Type carries.

And that's not something I'm interested in.

According to Bill Huber of PackersReport.com, the Oakland Raiders are considering offering free agent WR Randall Cobb a “blockbuster deal.”

Huber mentions that at least one team is willing to offer Cobb an annual salary of $11 million.

Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that the Packers have told free agent WR Randall Cobb that they’re willing to offer him a five-year contract that would pay him an annual salary of between $8 million to $9 million.

However, Cobb’s agent, Jimmy Sexton, told Green Bay that he’s confident they can secure more lucrative offers once the legal tampering period opens this weekend.

“Sexton does a good job for his players,” an executive in personnel for an NFL team said. “He measures the market well and knows how to create a market for his clients as well.

“For Randall, it’s perfectly timed. He had a very good season. Making it tougher for the Packers is the franchise tags that were used at the position.”
http://nfltraderumors.co/report-pac...th-8m-9m-per-year-expected-to-sign-elsewhere/

Cecil Shorts III always gets excited around NFL playoff time, as he feels what he describes as a "hunger, a drive that gets you up and gets you going, like, 'Let's go.'"
There's been a problem for Shorts, though. He's been a member of the Jacksonville Jaguars for the first four years of his career, so the playoffs have been little more than a rumor to him and his teammates. And when some of the games have come on TV ...
Click.
"Yeah, it came to that point a couple of times, where I'd get a little frustrated just not being able to be on the field, so I turned it off and went to play with my kids to calm down. I didn't want to rile myself up when I can't do anything about it," Shorts told FOX Sports by phone this week. "This year's playoffs was most frustrating for me because I'm sitting there, thinking, 'I know I can help the team. Arrrgh! I can't wait to get in the playoffs.' So a lot of the games I just turned off."
Now, there's a little something Shorts can do about his idle Januarys.
The veteran wide receiver is slated to hit the free-agent market on Tuesday, meaning he'll finally have some more control over whether he plays for a competitive team. So far, Shorts and the Jags have been unable to strike a deal. The team wants him back and Shorts believes general manager Dave Caldwell and head coach Gus Bradley are building the kind of team that won't have to watch the playoffs from home, as Jacksonville has done for each of the past seven seasons. But Shorts is intent on finding the right combination of financial security and competitive football, so chances are he will reach free agency and see what's available.

So what's he seeking?
"Uh, winning. I just care about winning, man," he said with a laugh. "When it comes down to it, I'm kind of fed up with this losing stuff. I'd do anything I can to help this team win. But you're going to get a reliable guy. I'm not going to be any trouble during the season or the offseason. Just a reliable guy that's going to be there and show up on Sunday."
Herein lies the problem for potentially interested teams in trying to gauge Shorts' value: Was his drop-off in production the past two seasons due to overall issues with the offense? What would he have done with a proven veteran quarterback presence instead of Blaine Gabbert, Chad Henne and a not-yet-ready Blake Bortles? And how much did playing for three head coaches and three coordinators in four years (including Jedd Fisch, who was fired after this season) affect Shorts? If there had been consistency in those areas, would he have made more plays like the one in Indy or the game-winning touchdown against the Cleveland Browns in 2013, when he got Joe Haden to bite on a beautiful slant-and-go route?
"It's difficult, it is. Not to make excuses, but it's harder," Shorts said of all of the changes at the quarterback and coaching positions. "If you played in the same offense for four years and with the same quarterback for four years, it's a lot different. You have chemistry, you understand the ins and outs, you don't have to think on the field. You don't have to think about the hots, the checks or the reads. You just play ball. It's a big difference."
"I'm looking for a culture of winning, I'm looking for a stable franchise that's on the upside and that knows how to win or that's close to being a winning franchise," Shorts said. "When I was in college, I lost three games. I was 57-3, so I didn't know much about losing until I got in the NFL.

"I really care about winning, that's my main thing."
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...rgan-major-wright-excel-with-new-teams-030415

I'd love to see Cobb sign in Oakland...that increases the likelihood that White, Cooper and Parker falls a little farther down the draft...hopefully to us.

i'm hesitant with that comment. Do you think Cobb is an actual #1 WR??? would be awesome for Oakland to bring him in, which I think will happen.... but I doubt they would pass up on a Cooper as well to play beside him and to help Carr develop more!!!

Back
Top Bottom