Official Cuts, Releases, Rumors Of such League Wide | Page 49 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Cuts, Releases, Rumors Of such League Wide

if wayne doesnt play elsewhere they will sign him to a one day contract so he can retire a colt...just a matter of when he's ready to hang em up

if wayne doesnt play elsewhere they will sign him to a one day contract so he can retire a colt...just a matter of when he's ready to hang em up

Colts are in good shape without Wayne and he really didn't do much for them last year...but...I have to wonder how many teams are parting with high paid WRs banking on grabbing a rookie WR in the draft. It sounds like the media thinks last years crop of rookie WRs, who had a major impact in year 1, is the new norm. I think last years WR draft class was more an anomaly. It's pretty rare when more than one rookie WR has an impact in year 1. I don't see how one year makes a new trend.

Colts are in good shape without Wayne and he really didn't do much for them last year...but...I have to wonder how many teams are parting with high paid WRs banking on grabbing a rookie WR in the draft. It sounds like the media thinks last years crop of rookie WRs, who had a major impact in year 1, is the new norm. I think last years WR draft class was more an anomaly. It's pretty rare when more than one rookie WR has an impact in year 1. I don't see how one year makes a new trend.

I think last years group was clearly above this years at WR. Not saying this years group isn't great . . . it is, but fails in comparison.

It feels like "WR depth" aka guys who are mid level type options are starting to be devalued for younger players on rookie contracts. Unlike the RB position, there will still be demand for the "elite" guys at WR . . . where the elite guys at RB aren't getting the money they used to.

If you can get your 2 starters and a guy who can man the slot, 4 and 5 can be young and cheap and hopefully develop and become contributors.

I don't think this class will produce like last years, but I do think having a lot of really good year 1 WRs in the NFL is the new norm.

The best athletes are all WRs now. Its never been this one sided. As soon as they go to there off season all star camps in high school, if there fast, can catch, there a WR.

And the NFL game has finally Realized they have to bend to the college game, as Bill Parcells said, "we can only work with the college system gives us." Basically pointing to the fact that college teams aren't developing players for the NFL at the end of the day, there developing to win games On the college level.

This is causing a very Easy transition into the NFL for WRs. WRs are on there way to being treated like RBs.

the spread offenses implimentation into the pro game has really helped the wr positions ability to make an impact as a rookie...that said if a amari cooper level overall game wr is in your wheelhouse you should make every attempt to go up and get it...that's as plug and play and ready to contribute out the wrapper as any wr you will ever find in any draft

i think also there's been some dummying down of what is asked of wrs in an offense i know there has been in the lazor one vs shermans...

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 18s18 seconds ago
Brandon Marshall used to scream his head off at a young Chad Henne. Will be interesting to see how he handles playing with Geno Smith

Marshall to the Jets lol. He will love it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colston officially restructures, heading back to saints

Orakpo says if he can't resign with the skins he wouldn't mind heading back home to Texas and playing for the boys.

Byron Maxwell mentions the Eagles as a good scheme fit for himself...

Back
Top Bottom