***Official Dolphins @ New York Giants Game Day Thread**** | Page 52 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Dolphins @ New York Giants Game Day Thread****

This is a truly pitiful fanbase. I'm sorry, but it is. No home attendance, no support on this site, for Christ's sake you all cheer against them every week. 2007 was damn painful and this is the same thing. Been a fan since 1996 and I have never been so disappointed in the fans.

Its a fanbase that is TIRED OF LOSING, tired of always being the ones that management abuses, that is lied to, that is treated as a doormat. When that happens, people eventually just say enough is enough.

Quick analogy.....you hit your head against the wall and it hurts, the only way to stop that is to stop hitting your head against the wall. That is exactly what many DolFans are doing these days, stopping their heads from hitting that proverbial wall.

This is a truly pitiful fanbase. I'm sorry, but it is. No home attendance, no support on this site, for Christ's sake you all cheer against them every week. 2007 was damn painful and this is the same thing. Been a fan since 1996 and I have never been so disappointed in the fans.
Amazing. Disappointed in the fans, as if WE'RE the ones coaching and playing like ****...

Today was definitely a harder loss, because they played pretty well, hell even reggie was running on them. The dolphins will always find a way to lose regardless. I will always support my team, no matter what happens.

He didn't say that. He just said that fans are pathetic rooting against their own team which is pathetic.

They have been driven to that by the decisions of this organization. There is no blame whatsoever on the fans. They are telling management, by not buying tickets what else can they do to get the message to management that they are not happy.

You think we should be happy and just grateful ? Grateful for what ????

The team is disappointing yes, but how can you ever, EVER root against your team. That has to be a Cardinal sin of sports. I know down the road Luck can help, but I will never ever ever wish for the Dolphins to lose. Let the season play out and see what happens. For you to PURPOSELY ROOT AGAINST OUR TEAM is completely unacceptable, and CERTAINLY not something we should see on FINHEAVEN, site dedicated to the fans of Dolphins. Not the fans of the opponent. COME ON FINHEAVEN.

I will always root for this team and will even be at the Phins vs pats game no matter the record. I will root for them but if we lose so be it i watched luck last night vs USC and he made me want him more at QB than any other player we have wanted since forever. If we can somehow get him think of him as our Manning. He just knows how to win.

The team is disappointing yes, but how can you ever, EVER root against your team. That has to be a Cardinal sin of sports. I know down the road Luck can help, but I will never ever ever wish for the Dolphins to lose. Let the season play out and see what happens. For you to PURPOSELY ROOT AGAINST OUR TEAM is completely unacceptable, and CERTAINLY not something we should see on FINHEAVEN, site dedicated to the fans of Dolphins. Not the fans of the opponent. COME ON FINHEAVEN.
I root for them every week to become a great team for years to come. You want to see a 4-11 or 5-10 team and continued mediocrity (at best!) for the next decade, be my guest, but don't expect the rest of us to.

Well you convinced me

Easy, you look at next ten weeks, we look at next ten years.

Why am I wasting my time, its been explained hundred times.............................

They have been driven to that by the decisions of this organization. There is no blame whatsoever on the fans. They are telling management, by not buying tickets what else can they do to get the message to management that they are not happy.

You think we should be happy and just grateful ? Grateful for what ????

I've been there, I've done that.

Not being grateful. Nobody said that. Be disappointed. ***** about coaches. ***** about players. It is the actively rooting against the Dolphins which is pathetic.

The last time we went through a phase like that was when Fiedler was the QB and Wannstedt was the coach. We played every year for the playoffs or near the playoffs. It wasn't good enough. We needed a QB. We needed to suck for a high draft pick.

AJ Feely came along and this site was hoping for having the next Dan Marino. Brian Griese came along and some suggested it is great because of pedigree (like he was a dog). We sucked....and sucked more. Most on this site don't remember because they are too young.

When Peyton Manning was drafted he was 1-15. He didn't get good until they got Edgerin James. One QB alone doesn't make it. You need a complete team. Holding out hope and rooting for us to go 0-16 to hang your hopes on an unknown variable is pathetic.

Since we have so many needs I probably would trade the first pick anyways (if we get it). I'd go for a Luck if I have all the tools in place (OL, RB, receivers and defense). But we don't. On a team like us Luck will be like a deer in the headlights. He may never develop with us into an NFL QB.

To make my point here is a list of QBs picked #1, #2 and #3 since 1990. You pick the Superbowl winner for me. You can even go for the QBs who contended in a Superbowl.

All of these QBs came out highly touted and some even as Heisman Trophy winners.

Jeff George
Rick Mirer
Heath Shuler
Drew Bledsoe
Ryan Leaf
Tim Couch
Peyton Manning
Donovan McNabb
Akili Smith
David Carr
Joey Harrington
Michael Vick
JaMarcus Russel
Vince Young
Alex Smith
Carson Palmer
Eli Manning

In fairness I only included the 2007 draft. With the last 3 draft classes you have to wait a little.

History is on my side.

Back
Top Bottom