***Official Dolphins Vs. Steelers Game Day Thread*** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Dolphins Vs. Steelers Game Day Thread***

Kournikova

Rookie
Reaction score
Happy New Year, everybody! :) Our Dolphins still have a chance to reach the postseason in the AFC Playoffs as the 8-7 Pittsbugh Steelers visit Miami for the season finale. A win could also possibly leave the defending Super Bowl Champions out of the NFL playoffs at 8-8.

Steelers unfortunately defeated our Fins 3-0 in their last meeting at Heinz Field back on Monday Night, November 26, 2007. Steelers also defeated our Fins in their last visit to Miami 13-3, on a rainy Landshark Stadium back on September 26, 2004.

Steelers are currently lead in the all-time regular season series 10-9. Dolphins though defeated the Steelers twice in three meetings during the postseason, so the overall series is tied at 11-11. A win by the fins would even the regular season series at 10-10.

Greg Gumbel and Dan Dierdorf will announce the primary early doubleheader game for The NFL On CBS, which will be seen in more than 80% of the country, including WFOR CBS 4 televising in Miami on HD.

Former Fins Jimmy Cefalo, Jim Mandich, and Joe Rose will also announce the live TV game radio game play-by-play and analysis on flagship station WQAM SportsRadio 560AM, and the Dolphins Radio Network.

Sunny and Partly Cloudy skies is forecast at Landshark Stadium for this afternoon's 1:05PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff along with 10% precipitaion, 43% humidity, and northwest winds at 10 miles per hour.

Visiting Steelers will dress in their black jerseys, and yellow pants, while the host Dolphins will wear their matching white jerseys and pants.

Let's hope the Fins can finish their regular season record at .500, and have help from the other teams so our Fins can reach the playoffs. GO DOLPHINS!!!!! :woot::dolphins::dolphins::dolphins:

Ted Ginn just dropped a crucial pass.

Just figured I'd go ahead and get this one out of the way early, fellas.

:up:

I feel bad that I am torn about how to root in this game. I don't know if I should root for a good draft spot or to win I end the season. I will choose to root for winning because that is who I am.
In terms of the game, I think it will be close and then the better te will pull away which would be the Steelers. Their passing attack will be difficult for our usually porous secondary, but our defense should be able to contain their ground game. Overall, their defense is tough which will give us problems and our Phins can't seem to put a complete game together so my prediction is:

Phins: 20
Steelers: 28

yeah I'm with you phinsphan11, I don't know how to cheer for this game since were not playing for much basically need a miracle to get in the playoffs but win or lose I won't be that mad.

complete collapse the last couple weeks from this team. its hard to believe they will be inspired enough to beat a defending Super Bowl winner Steelers team that is still alive and looking to continue their season. which of course means that they'll blow out the Steelers 33-10.

way to go finfans , hoping for a loss. we need more fans like you.win or lose our draft spot will not change that much. it just blows my mind how many finfans on this site actually root for the fins to lose. i could never bring myself to that level. even when we were a horrible horrible team this past decade i wanted us to win every single game.

I'm not rooting for a loss. our draft spot means close to nothing to be honest. they'll make moves and trades after the season and who knows what happens at draft time.

I would rather win and not worry about all the dez Bryant hype only to have us pick someone else. Win today and finish 8-8.

I feel bad that I am torn about how to root in this game. I don't know if I should root for a good draft spot or to win I end the season. I will choose to root for winning because that is who I am.
In terms of the game, I think it will be close and then the better te will pull away which would be the Steelers. Their passing attack will be difficult for our usually porous secondary, but our defense should be able to contain their ground game. Overall, their defense is tough which will give us problems and our Phins can't seem to put a complete game together so my prediction is:

and the steelers scoring all 28pts in the first half....LOL.

just saw the steelers walking into the shark on espn. roethlisberger was using a cane. is he a pimp or a gimp?

edit: i just saw it again i think it was his suitcase.

After the Steelers jump to a 31- 3 halftime lead, the dolphins fight back to tie it at 31-31at the end of regulation. Then the steelers kick a field goal after on a phantom pass interference call on Wilson to win 34-31.

YGBFSM, right ?

You never EVER root for draft position ! We have 8 months of no Phins and you want to lose the last game, so they can get 1-2 postions higher ?

Seriously dude, c'mon ! There is no subsitute for victory.

Go out and win this one for Dolphins Nation ... for taking the series lead ... for driving the stake in their repeat dreams ... for preserving our weak playoff hopes ... for pride ... for truth, justice, & the American way ...

And, for Bumpus - stuck in Steeler country, and I can't take another offseason of constantly hearing how inferior we are to the "mighty" Steelers.

Let's go Dolphins!
Let's go Dolphins!
Let's go Dolphins!

Back
Top Bottom