Official Draft Day Thread | Page 94 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Draft Day Thread

On what basis do you think his pedestrian sack numbers will go up in the NFL, which has better OL, faster/stronger QBs, and quicker releases?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE sacks. But 'almost' sacks can result in INTs/fumbles/incompletes AND get in the QBs head. And, while I'm at it, holding penalties. Yeah, sacks are great, but let's not think it's sacls or nothing.

People complaining about lack of production are dumb. Danielle Hunter had 4.5 sacks in 38 games in college. He had 18.5 sacks in his first two NFL seasons.

Chop was #4 in college football in pressure rate and was voted MVP for the #3 defense in all of college. He wasn’t some mediocre player who happened to test well. He was a highly disruptive, highly consequential player for a major program and showed flashes of elite potential. The sacks will come in the NFL. Chasing college production is how you end up drafting Charles Harris.

Chris Grier strikes again.

Let me get this straight… We took a kid from Penn State because he ran a fast 40 and a quick shuttle? Oh and by the way…. He had 4 sacks last year…And was so “dominant” that he had to be part of a rotation? He wasn’t good enough to be on the field every 3rd down?

As always with Grier… I’m now rooting for Chop because he’s our guy… But I don’t think he should have been our pick. Mitchell should have been the pick.

I hope I’m wrong. I hope Chop becomes a 1st team all pro in his rookie season. I hope he’s the next Jason Taylor

But that’s my problem with Grier as GM….I’m always hoping.

After reading more on Chop Robinson, I can understand why Miami would select him. It was a Gamble on Greatness.

It appears Miami is banking on it's coaching staff to help develop Robinson's enormous potential. At the moment Chop Robinson seems to be an unfinished product. Question is, Will Miami be able to get Robinson to play at the highest level of expectations?

Chop Robinson is certainly talented with rare athletism. He lacks refinement in some areas of his game. Is he a one trick pony? Can he stop the run? Can he become a finisher? These are the questions that have some fans worried, including me.

Will he be able to cover TE''s and RB's in the flat? He certainly can run like the wind. But being fast doesn't mean you're good at football. Luckily Chop Robinson has shown on the field, his biggest traits, help him play on GameDay.

My personal issue with the pick, is not about his talent. It's his lack of refinement and lack of development that have me worried, he could be another 1st round bust. For everyone's sake, let's hope Miami can make Chop Robinson a household name, everyone admires for his overall development. Good Luck Chop!!! I'll be rooting for you.

Last edited:
... and if you look real hard, you can almost see Cam Wake ...

This pick shouldn't require so much rationalization. Not with that much talent on deck.

:FLAG
I see that too. It took Wake several years of development to reach his potential. Hopefully Chop Robinson has the same development arc.

I see that too. It took Wake several years of development to reach his potential. Hopefully Chop Robinson has the same development arc.

The same arc puts Chop reaching his potential about 3 contracts from now so let's hope the light turns on sooner than that. :lol:

He's young and flush with athleticism so we'll see how it goes. Pretty raw to be thrown in there and need to contribute immediately but that's exactly what has to happen. He's got a shot ... let's hope so because there was oodles of talent surrounding our pick.

1. 2016 NFL Draft
    • Laremy Tunsil, Offensive Tackle from Ole Miss, selected 13th overall1.
  2. 2017 NFL Draft
    • Charles Harris, Defensive End from Missouri, selected 22nd overall4.
  3. 2018 NFL Draft
    • Minkah Fitzpatrick, Safety from Alabama, selected 11th overall4.
  4. 2019 NFL Draft
    • Christian Wilkins, Defensive Tackle from Clemson, selected 13th overall4.
  5. 2020 NFL Draft
    • Austin Jackson, Offensive Tackle from USC, selected 18th overall4.
    • Noah Igbinoghene, Cornerback from Auburn, selected 30th overall4.
  6. 2021 NFL Draft
    • Jaylen Waddle, Wide Receiver from Alabama, selected 6th overall3.
    • Jaelan Phillips, Defensive End from Miami, selected 18th overall3.
  7. 2022 NFL Draft
    • No first-round pick; the Dolphins did not have a first-round selection in this draft3.
  8. 2023 NFL Draft
    • No first-round pick; the Dolphins were stripped of their first-round pick due to violations of league policies5.
Someone kind of important missing here !!

The same arc puts Chop reaching his potential about 3 contracts from now so let's hope the light turns on sooner than that. :lol:

He's young and flush with athleticism so we'll see how it goes. Pretty raw to be thrown in there and need to contribute immediately but that's exactly what has to happen. He's got a shot ... let's hope so because there was oodles of talent surrounding our pick.
That's another thing I like about Robinson. He's still young, only 20 or 21 yrs old. A lot of development can be gained in 5 yrs.

Back
Top Bottom