Official Draft Day Thread | Page 93 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Draft Day Thread

I hate it, terrible
Just curious as to why? That was my initial reaction too. His production in college doesn't concern me as much as many on here, but his size does a little. I also didn't expect Miami to see Edge rusher as a priority in the first round, so I was caught off guard when I heard the selection.

Just curious as to why? That was my initial reaction too. His production in college doesn't concern me as much as many on here, but his size does a little. I also didn't expect Miami to see Edge rusher as a priority in the first round, so I was caught off guard when I heard the selection.
He had 15 tackles in 12 games and only 4 sacks. I had him ranked as the #58 player in the class and we take him at 21. Meanwhile my #7 ranked guy in the class was right there to be had, Quinyon Mitchell.

What a load of garbage. Fautanu was the target but we got ****ed again just like the Broncos did to us with Williams. IMO it was worth the weight to move up 3 spots to solidify this dude. Ah well, gonna let it go now.
I don't believe that. If Miami viewed Fautanu as a guard, like many scouts viewed him, there is little chance Grier would have taken him in the first round. He has only taken one "non-premium" position player in the first round in his whole draft history and that was Christian Wilkins.

Personally I had never heard of Harris until the Dolphins drafted him. Yet after he was drafted, I looked up his stats and he was a far more productive player in college than Robinson was.

I agree that Harris and Robinson are complete opposites. While neither of them should have been first round picks, IMO. Harris was actually a very productive player in college. Robinson not so much.
And yet Harris was a complete bust.

Laugh all you want. Quinyon Mitchell will be better than Chop Liver.
You’re usually on point, bpa should have been the path not need. There was to much talent available not to. I hope pork chop contributes right away.

He had 15 tackles in 12 games and only 4 sacks. I had him ranked as the #58 player in the class and we take him at 21. Meanwhile my #7 ranked guy in the class was right there to be had, Quinyon Mitchell.

I also liked Mitchell a lot, but CB's are valued more like IOL these days. A top CB (or IOL) is about 2/3 the cost of a top Edge (around 20M vs 30M for Edge).

It's definitely a gamble, but the pros are clear, and I hope Miami has a clear vision for him. Mentioned elsewhere, but Van Noy was very productive for Baltimore last year, and I could see Robinson thriving in that role.

I would have taken Guyton or Morgan there, but I certainly understand the Chop pick. DeJean and I would have cried... Newton... same. Didn't want Barton.

So... I'm not ecstatic, but I'm satisfied with the thinking here.

Now... what happens tomorrow.
Same pretty much exactly

So much for the myth that Grier selects BPA.

Back
Top Bottom