Official Draft Day Thread | Page 91 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Draft Day Thread

I am glad he was unsuccessful. That would have cost too much and we still have other needs.
I wonder what Grier was offering? To go from 55 to the late first would likely have to include at least one early pick next year. That he was unsuccessful does not necessarily mean his target was selected.

I don’t care how Harris tested. The reality is Harris was a bad pick but he was still a much more productive player in college than Robinson was.

I don’t understand why anyone cares how players test at the combine if they were nothing but mediocre on the field in college. That is all Robinson was in college and yet they think he will suddenly become a great player at the next level.

Sorry I just don’t see it.
It sounds like you have never watched him play.
He wasn't just mediocre in college. That is an obtuse statement. 74 pressures in 415 pass rush snaps over the last two seasons, equals one pressure every 5.6 snaps. That is very good to say the least.
How does an alleged mediocre player get voted MVP by his teammates on the 2nd ranked defense in college football? It would appear his teammates did not consider him mediocre.

He was voted team MVP on the #3 defense in the country in 2023. Of course, what do the guys who play with him every week know compared to some guy who looked up his stats online
#3 defense in points and #2 defense in yards. IMO, anyone complaining about Chop has never watched him with their eyes open.

I guess if he goes 10 games and has only 12 solo tackles, 3 assisted tackles, 4 sacks, and 0 tackles for loss at PSU in 2023. Trying to justify his total lack of production quoting pressures somehow makes sense to you.

I hope he ends up being a great player for the Dolphins but right now I think it was a terrible pick. I just didn’t see drafting a back OLB as a need in the first round of the draft.
That stat you quote is incorrect. 7.5 TFL in 2023. Heck, if you watched him at all you'd have seen some of them and the idea he did not have any would be noticeably ridiculous to you. Pressures are a significant part of production for pass rushers. I guess attempting to dismiss pressures as part of production somehow makes sense to you.

Personally I had never heard of Harris until the Dolphins drafted him. Yet after he was drafted, I looked up his stats and he was a far more productive player in college than Robinson was.

I agree that Harris and Robinson are complete opposites. While neither of them should have been first round picks, IMO. Harris was actually a very productive player in college. Robinson not so much.
So, you admittedly never watch Harris or Chop play in college and just looked up their tackles, sacks and TFLs after they were drafted to form your opinion.

That stat you quote is incorrect. 7.5 TFL in 2023. Heck, if you watched him at all you'd have seen some of them and the idea he did not have any would be noticeably ridiculous to you. Pressures are a significant part of production for pass rushers. I guess attempting to dismiss pressures as part of production somehow makes sense to you.

The guy is a pressure machine! Thats worth a ton if he can produce at the next level.

Iggy was suppose to be the most ATHLETIC player they had in their secondary. That still didn’t make up for the fact he spent the majority of his playing time, as limited as it was, almost completely lost while trying to cover receivers.
So...Iggy was another guy you did not watch in college.

I would imagine Kansas City has a legit shot at going undefeated now since we let them just take a 4.21 speedster that we could have really used to go with our 2 wr. Our window was open but it was so short and Grier blew it

I would imagine Kansas City has a legit shot at going undefeated now since we let them just take a 4.21 speedster that we could have really used to go with our 2 wr. Our window was open but it was so short and Grier blew it

Dolphins fans are the worst!

KC has been in a position where they can afford to take chances on a player like that.

Miami is not!

A key edge rusher does more for us than a 3rd receiver at this point.

It's go time. The right contributors taken tonight and tomorrow could result in us holding the Lombardi...

We all have players we want. Let's just hope who we get are among the best in this draft. I couldn't sleep last night, I'm that excited.

miami dolphins football GIF

Your dreams thrashed in a second by Grier replaced with nightmares as KC goes 20-0 because we let them have a 4.21 speedster

Dolphins fans are the worst!

KC has been in a position where they can afford to take chances on a player like that.

Miami is not!

A key edge rusher does more for us than a 3rd receiver at this point.
Last I checked we scored 6 points in that drubbing of a playoff game. Ok whatever you say

Back
Top Bottom