𓆝𓆝𓆝 Official Fishing Thread 𓆝𓆝𓆝 | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

𓆝𓆝𓆝 Official Fishing Thread 𓆝𓆝𓆝

It's been a very long time since I went fishing and I can't find the picture but it was similar to this, yet had a lot more fish involved. We actually came back early because we caught our limit. Captain Kelly Windes was very influential in the Destin area aboard his famous boat Sunrise. He owned many records for various fishing escapades and retired a few years ago. One hell of a captain.
View attachment 168081

Wow stellar. I could make a lot of different dishes with that haul.

My grandfather was/is (he’s 85 and still fishes) a commercial fisherman in Greece and my grandmother could cook the heck out of the things he caught.

Wow stellar. I could make a lot of different dishes with that haul.

My grandfather was/is (he’s 85 and still fishes) a commercial fisherman in Greece and my grandmother could cook the heck out of the things he caught.
That Captain was great - he would put us on amberjack first (talk about a fight) then hit the snapper and grouper holes. I miss those days but not quite able to pull it off now. Hard to beat fresh fish!

We were on kind of a working vacation in Clearwater Beach, FL and decided to take a charter out into the Gulf.

Here is the ship.

1711943314248.png

I was picturing us catching something like a small shark, but we wound up with some average size rockfish. My wife caught two small pieces of coral and the crew politely explained she had to throw them back. When we got back to the dock the crew cleaned our catch for us.

We walked down to Crabby's Dockside and they cooked our catch for us.

Just the start of a fun day.

I want to take a salt water charter so bad but it always seems we have some thing else to do. Besides since I moved from California I've given all my salt water gear to my son and who knows what he's done with it. Although he's planning a fishing trip to Panama in November.

Spring has returned.

The water temperatures in the mighty Ohio River have climbed back above 50 degrees, which can mean only one thing as far as ol’ Bump is concerned …

The smallmouth are hungry again.

59ADEBD4-F03E-404A-9ECC-568ED37E9168.jpeg

Life is good.

Lost most of the pics when we moved from California but my favorite one was a 153# marlin. The catching wasn't so great, its what I used for bait, I used a Hot dog. Marlins swim in pairs and are very jealous fish if you hook one the other thinks he's got something I have to get something too, doesn't matter what. Then i have picture of a dozen firecracker yellow tail, 5-10 ponds, not great but they sure are fun, had several pictures of some real nice Albacore.

I caught a big Sailfish once and the prick did not even jump one time

Different story for large Tarpons

21billstarpon.jpg

Back
Top Bottom