๐“†๐“†๐“† Official Fishing Thread ๐“†๐“†๐“† | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

๐“†๐“†๐“† Official Fishing Thread ๐“†๐“†๐“†

The best part about summertime for a teacher is that I can do this **** on a Wednesday morning โ€ฆ

71045241-EDAE-4E53-A64A-C767006715ED.jpeg

Had damn near the whole lake to myself.

Methinks olโ€™ Bump is really gonna take to retirement well in another 10-15 years. :lol:

The best part about summertime for a teacher is that I can do this **** on a Wednesday morning โ€ฆ

View attachment 147118

Had damn near the whole lake to myself.

Methinks olโ€™ Bump is really gonna take to retirement well in another 10-15 years. :lol:
Being retired you can go every day, although since I moved to Arkansas I don't go fishing much. I like deep sea fishing best. I like the numbness in your arms after catching a 50# Albacore (fancy tuna) I went marlin fishing once and I'll never go again, its too much like work. Caught a 153# striper, which by marlin standards, is small.

Went fishing once in 17 years, things grow to fast here, the yard work never ends. After a rain and the sun comes out you can see the grass grow! Of course after getting rid of a house with 3 acres will free up some time.

During the summer we try to charter a boat in Sturgeon Bay, WI, and head out onto Lake Michigan to salmon fish. In the last couple of years, we've run into some luck with the weather and were able to catch our limit before the end of the run.

We grill a few later in the day and then take the rest back to be smoked.

I usually go out of Point Loma in San Diego. We go 90 miles out looking for albacore, its a hit or miss deal, if you find a school it could be a fantastic day, if you don't it could be a long boat ride. When coming back in you could hit a school of firecracker yellow tail tuna 5-10 lb range. Its fun, they are like pirana.

View attachment 158210
Converting some old family slides to digital. This is my dad and his boat in the 60โ€™s.

Seriously did a double take when looking at the photo.
First thought it was a pic of young Daniel Craig the Bond actor til I read your comment.

Back
Top Bottom