Official Free Agency and Rumors Thread | Page 66 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Free Agency and Rumors Thread

Did i miss something. He still has to sign an offer sheet and then we have a week. Relax

Non-exclusive rights franchise tag allows other teams to negotiate with him but if he signs with another team they would forfeit their 1st round pick to us.

But if another team doesn't make him an offer.....as they wouldn't if they had to give up a first round pick....we would be stuck paying him significantly more than what the team felt he was worth.

Clearly the Fins had a value not to exceed on Clay. Lets see what the Bills offer is........should be interesting.

By handling the way the Fins have....they still have the right to match it. They will likely choose not to exercise that right....but they still retained some control over the process.

Non-exclusive rights franchise tag allows other teams to negotiate with him but if he signs with another team they would forfeit their 1st round pick to us.

I assumed you were talking about the regular franchise (exclusive) tag. There is so many different types lol. They saved some money on the cap which I assume was the reason for the transitional instead of non exclusive

I have no problem if a division rival wants to pay a $5 million/yr TE $9 million/yr in the age of the salary cap.

But if another team doesn't make him an offer.....as they wouldn't if they had to give up a first round pick....we would be stuck paying him significantly more than what the team felt he was worth.

Clearly the Fins had a value not to exceed on Clay. Lets see what the Bills offer is........should be interesting.

By handling the way the Fins have....they still have the right to match it. They will likely choose not to exercise that right....but they still retained some control over the process.

Yeah he would have been a fin and his salary would have been guaranteed at just over $8 million...plus that now becomes the starting point for negotiating a new long term contract...$8 million per season.

I assumed you were talking about the regular franchise (exclusive) tag. There is so many different types lol. They saved some money on the cap which I assume was the reason for the transitional instead of non exclusive

Yeah it's about $1 million dollars less.

we definitely got a lot of holes to fill still...and this adds another one...better kill it with the draft

Ehh let's wait until we see something official. No reports have come out about Buffalo's offer yet.

Back
Top Bottom