Official Free Agency and Rumors Thread | Page 162 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Free Agency and Rumors Thread

The main problem is why on earth has he NOT cleared his name with police. This is a recent ex-girlfriend, this could be your child . . . and yet a murder didn't cause you "more" alarm to go down there? Teams would of more than understood. Hell, this may have not even gotten out had you just went on your own merit when they first called you and excused it as "personal issues". I understand things may of gotten out of hand towards the end of the relationship . . . but he's looked guilty about something from the beginning . . . just by his actions . . . or lack there of.

The only thing that doesn't add up is the timing. Who sets up a hit right before being drafted? Maybe the timing was right for the hitman . . . but postpone that **** until after all of this is happening. Just stupid.

Yeah if you are gonna put a hit out this of all weeks would be the worst...

Yeah if you are gonna put a hit out this of all weeks would be the worst...

If he was innocent you would think he would be on tv right now begging teams not to hold it against him.

Unfair or not, with the little info I have, IMO he's guilty.

And even if he's not guilty, he's still involved in a life, which pregnant woman get murdered. No thanks...

Last edited by a moderator:
innocent or not for La'el, and the timing of it for him.... this is just AWFUL for the pregnant lady and her family and friends.

If he was innocent you would think he would on tv right now begging teams not to hold it against him.

Unfair or not, with the kittle info I have, IMO he's guilty.

And even if he's not guilty, he's still involved in a life, which pregnant woman get murdered. No thanks...

I got news for you . . . . half the kids drafted over the next 3 days came from backgrounds where that is possible.

It would really suck to have someone you loved and cared for murdered and then while you're grieving have everyone for no reason saying you may have killed her and it costing you your NFL future.

XXwarXX I still don't see how it's a negative to have been friends or dated a murder victim. If Andrew Luck's girlfriend or ex-girlfriend had been murdered everyone would have been feeling sorry for him and calling it a tragedy. I'm sure nobody would have been saying he shouldn't get drafted.

I got to say it looks bad for Collins. Not going to lie.

I got news for you . . . . half the kids drafted over the next 3 days came from backgrounds where that is possible.

Half the kids don't have the opportunity he does.

And Most of these guys who came from that kind of background, chose to go to school, and play football, and try to improve there lives.

And Most of these guys who came from that kind of background, chose to go to school, and play football, and try to improve there lives.

All of the kids getting drafted have the opportunity he does.

And for all we know, La'el is doing that as well. He stopped dating her in September and this happened. That was 7-8 months ago. Who knows what she got into. He went to college in his hometown, he still visits family, friends from growing up. Not everybody wants to be like Amari Cooper and leave their hometown and they shouldn't be forced to.

I admit, he should be more concerned about clearing this up (if he's not a part of it) . . . but teams need to do their due diligence because these things happen when dealing with kids that come from the backgrounds they come from.

What turned me off more is his lack of action to where it became a media story and it would be the story if he walked on the stage when being selected.

He's off my board because of that, or at least until he clears it up.

Middle class and wealthy women can be victims of murder too... it doesn't mean their friends or loved ones character should be questioned. Police have said they don't think he's a part of the incident but wanted to talk to him about his relation with her.

It would really suck to have someone you loved and cared for murdered and then while you're grieving have everyone for no reason saying you may have killed her and it costing you your NFL future.

XXwarXX I still don't see how it's a negative to have been friends or dated a murder victim. If Andrew Luck's girlfriend or ex-girlfriend had been murdered everyone would have been feeling sorry for him and calling it a tragedy. I'm sure nobody would have been saying he shouldn't get drafted.

I am trying to understand where your coming from but he left Chicago to supposedly meet with Police and clear his name for tonight but has not spoken to them? It does not add up just like Dion not showing up for workouts and the comments made by the FO and people still said no big deal its 'voluntary workouts'.

"We're looking to get in touch with Mr. Collins to question him about the (shooting)," Baton Rouge Police Cpl. Don Coppola Jr. said Tuesday, according to nola.com. "Again we're not pursuing him as a suspect, but we know he had some type of relationship with Mills. As part of the investigation, we would like to sit down with him, and ask him who may be responsible for this."

I guess I just disagree with most. I feel until they say he's a suspect he's just a material witness. I've yet to hear anything suggesting he committed a crime, only that he had a relationship with a crime victim.

I think what really bothers me is saying even if he clears his name "I would remove him from my draft board because this shows the kind of people he associates with." Especially when the person he associated with is the victim of a crime, not a suspect.

I don't think anybody knows what all took place, but if investigators said "you're not a suspect but we want to talk to you as a material witness when you get back in Baton Rogue" I don't see the big deal. If they had been saying you need to get back here and talk to us now and he wasn't doing it that's one thing, but there's been no evidence that suggests that was the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
"We're looking to get in touch with Mr. Collins to question him about the (shooting)," Baton Rouge Police Cpl. Don Coppola Jr. said Tuesday, according to nola.com. "Again we're not pursuing him as a suspect, but we know he had some type of relationship with Mills. As part of the investigation, we would like to sit down with him, and ask him who may be responsible for this."

I guess I just disagree with most. I feel until they say he's a suspect he's just a material witness. I've yet to hear anything suggesting he committed a crime, only that he had a relationship with a crime victim.

If I got millions on the line . . . I'm a little more vigilant with how I've been handling this ordeal. Potentially my baby mother (claims he was taking a paternity test next week) got murdered and my potential child was born . . . . and he's lollygagging like nothing happened. You don't leave to Chicago, you don't keep ignoring the police . . . you clear this crap up so that way, today, you are in the clear. Now, you have just made things all cloudy with your lack of actions to this whole situation.

It's not a good look.

All of the kids getting drafted have the opportunity he does.

And for all we know, La'el is doing that as well. He stopped dating her in September and this happened. That was 7-8 months ago. Who knows what she got into. He went to college in his hometown, he still visits family, friends from growing up. Not everybody wants to be like Amari Cooper and leave their hometown and they shouldn't be forced to.

I admit, he should be more concerned about clearing this up (if he's not a part of it) . . . but teams need to do their due diligence because these things happen when dealing with kids that come from the backgrounds they come from.

What turned me off more is his lack of action to where it became a media story and it would be the story if he walked on the stage when being selected.

He's off my board because of that, or at least until he clears it up.
Its being reported that he did go to Baton Rouge but upon arrival was told they weren't ready for him. That eases my concerns a bit, seems like if they considered him a suspect or tied to the murderer, they wouldn't wait

Some Mock drafts shown that we would take Collins. Now with this recent news, surely we wont. Which is fine by me

Back
Top Bottom