Official Game Thread: Italy vs Australia | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Game Thread: Italy vs Australia

Prime Time said:
That was a rediculous call..what a horrible way to end Australia's WC. Moments like these make me not want to watch the WC anymore...

No it wasn't a rediculous call.....the australian player shouldn't of slide in the first place,second he did slide and contact was made. Excellent pk by Totti to finish the game.

Was watching the game at the Italian cultural center.

About 400 people there

We all stood up for the anthem.

CBC news was there so I might be on TV.

Man it is a lot of fun watching the game with passionate fans. I can only imagine how it feeels being their

MARINO1384 said:
No it wasn't a rediculous call.....the australian player shouldn't of slide in the first place,second he did slide and contact was made. Excellent pk by Totti to finish the game.

If it was an Australian player who "tripped" or "ran into" an Italian defender, not many here would question the call, why, because everyone hates Italy, and I f ' n love it.

MARINO1384 said:

Ricky Williams is that you? :eek:

Don't slide? Don't make contact? Have you EVER played Soccer in your life? So in other words, you are saying, Mr. Defender, let him run around you, take a shot and hope that it goes wide. He slid tackled, and the Italian dove. Plain and simple. EVeryone in the World (besides Italy of course) is saying that wasn't a PK. BTW, Ricky can I have an autograph?

wpgfishfan said:
How about the pressure on Totti for that kick. I kept on having thoughts of Baggio

He was very calm and cool on that pk. I'd rather have Totti then anybody else on Italy taking that pk. Plus Lippi had him practicing pk's during practice.

Italy will not win with Lippi making these dumb decisons all the time

1. Materazzi is the dirtiest player in Italy. He always does stupid fouls and gives up lots of penalties. Even though I disagree with today's red he is someone that has trouble controlling his emotion

2. Why not start Totti. Yes he has never shined on the international stage but in Serie A he is sonsistently a top performer

3. Why take out Toni. Yes he has not scored but he creates or gets scoring chance after scoring chance

Tone_E said:
If it was an Australian player who "tripped" or "ran into" an Italian defender, not many here would question the call, why, because everyone hates Italy, and I f ' n love it.

I would. WC is about beautiful soccer (being played), not blown calls or given calls.

Tone_E said:

You would have loved to see everyone stroll out to their vehicles all waving their flags honking their horns and going to Little Italy

FORZA ITALIA

wpgfishfan said:
Italy will not win with Lippi making these dumb decisons all the time

1. Materazzi is the dirtiest player in Italy. He always does stupid fouls and gives up lots of penalties. Even though I disagree with today's red he is someone that has trouble controlling his emotion

2. Why not start Totti. Yes he has never shined on the international stage but in Serie A he is sonsistently a top performer

3. Why take out Toni. Yes he has not scored but he creates or gets scoring chance after scoring chance

I fully agree with you wpg. Also, Lippi made a mistake in his formation setting. Although the long ball created some good scoring chances, they also caused a loss of possession all too often. A mistake, especially considering the fast countering style of Australia. I think we played our best with one striker while utilizing our midfield and wings to ultimately control possesion.

Eg, the Czech game.

P.S. Please leave Gilardino in there, or replace him with Inzaghi.

Was that the save of the tournament so far.

The one where Toni hit it and the keeper is going to his right the ball is going to his left and it hits his toes and stays out

wpgfishfan said:
You would have loved to see everyone stroll out to their vehicles all waving their flags honking their horns and going to Little Italy

FORZA ITALIA

Im going to my Little Italy tonight after my hockey game. I plan on taking pictures to show fellow Italia fans how much support we give them here in Toronto.

Tone_E said:
I fully agree with you wpg. Also, Lippi made a mistake in his formation setting. Although the long ball created some good scoring chances, they also caused a loss of possession all too often. A mistake, especially considering the fast countering style of Australia. I think we played our best with one striker while utilizing our midfield and wings to ultimately control possesion.

Eg, the Czech game.

P.S. Please leave Gilardino in there, or replace him with Inzaghi.

Yeah I forgot about that also. Why not put in Inzaghi instead of Vincenzo????

wpgfishfan said:
Was that the save of the tournament so far.

The one where Toni hit it and the keeper is going to his right the ball is going to his left and it hits his toes and stays out

Man, i was heartbroken.

Prime Time said:
Ricky Williams is that you? :eek:

Don't slide? Don't make contact? Have you EVER played Soccer in your life? So in other words, you are saying, Mr. Defender, let him run around you, take a shot and hope that it goes wide. He slid tackled, and the Italian dove. Plain and simple. EVeryone in the World (besides Italy of course) is saying that wasn't a PK. BTW, Ricky can I have an autograph?

Yes i've played my whole life. I'm saying that the defender should of kept his ground. He stays in front of him,forces the italian player to take a bad angle or makes him make a move to get into good position in which another defender would of been there for help.....I'm just wonderiong why do u think that isn't a foul?

Back
Top Bottom