Official Game Thread: Japan vs Australia | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Game Thread: Japan vs Australia

GOAL!!! Japan....Miscommunication between the Defense and GK

Maybe Japan doesn't need those weapons up front, though there was a foul on the play....

Close call by Australia....

I want to see the replay of the goal one more time....

Still, foul or not, that was simply bad play by the goalkeeper.

ckb2001 said:
Maybe Japan doesn't need those weapons up front, though there was a foul on the play....

I want to see the replay again, but I think there was a foul on the play as well. In any case, the GK came out horribly on that play.

At least neither team is in the habit of faking injuries. I wonder how long it will take before that tradition is assimilated..

Viduka.. Kewell.. imagine if they had Christian Vieri (grew up in Australia, but opted to play for Italy because Australia wasn't much of a soccer nation). A similar thing may be happening to the US with Guiseppe Rossi - the up and coming striker from Man U. Rossi grew up in NJ but his father is pressuring him to play for Italy :tantrum:

ckb2001 said:
Viduka.. Kewell.. imagine if they had Christian Vieri (grew up in Australia, but opted to play for Italy because Australia wasn't much of a soccer nation). A similar thing may be happening to the US with Guiseppe Rossi - the up and coming striker from Man U. Rossi grew up in NJ but his father is pressuring him to play for Italy :tantrum:

Then he'll probably end up playing for Italy. Hard to go against your Dad especially If he is giving you the "That is MY country. That is OUR country" speech :lol:

Good half..Australia seemed like they wanted to end the half already in the last 5 minutes.

ckb2001 said:

With the abundance of strikers that Italy always produce, it would make sense for him to play for the US. Plenty of Italian support there too. Viduka could have played for Croatia too.

Yeah, it's one of the reasons I'm hoping we beat Italy (I know, this is dreaming, but it would have some nice unintended side-effects).

Dont know if you guys are interested, but they just said on news that Rooney could play some part in Englands next game against T&T.

Kind of ironic Walcott picked up a knock in training--from a tackle by Rooney

ckb2001 said:
Yeah, it's one of the reasons I'm hoping we beat Italy (I know, this is dreaming, but it would have some nice unintended side-effects).

Dreaming? :tongue: We can do it!

Back
Top Bottom