Official Game Thread: Japan vs Australia | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Game Thread: Japan vs Australia

Whitedolphin54 said:
Dont know if you guys are interested, but they just said on news that Rooney could play some part in Englands next game against T&T.

Interesting. T&T should be a cake walk for them..SHOULD...so It would be interesting to see how long they would let him play.

ckb2001 said:
Yeah, it's one of the reasons I'm hoping we beat Italy (I know, this is dreaming, but it would have some nice unintended side-effects).

There must be lots of players from Europe that could play for USA. You are a country made up of so many different races and nationalities

Whitedolphin54 said:
Dont know if you guys are interested, but they just said on news that Rooney could play some part in Englands next game against T&T.

Kind of ironic Walcott picked up a knock in training--from a tackle by Rooney

That Walcott selection is still baffling. If Rooney plays, it's to give him a chance to get match-fit again; I wouldn't read much else into it.

I think Prime has fell asleep in the chair. Hope he doesn't spill his co-coa. The excitement of the big game later must have got to him :lol:

Whitedolphin54 said:
There must be lots of players from Europe that could play for USA. You are a country made up of so many different races and nationalities

Yeah, up till 1998 it was a policy to find and naturalize as many of those (see Thomas Dooley, Earnie Stewart and David Regis), but today there is enough home-grown talent to make that unnecessary (though a good number of the next generation are 2nd or 3rd generation Americans).

Whitedolphin54 said:
I think Prime has fell asleep in the chair. Hope he doesn't spill his co-coa. The excitement of the big game later must have got to him :lol:

I am here!!!!! :lol: I just commented on the Rooney news...!

Why is the US game on ESPN2? ABC is showing local news during that time (ESPN has sportscenter). Do they really think so few are going to watch the game??

Whitedolphin54 said:

Yeah I guess if England were winning they might let him have 15-20 minutes at the end

Whitedolphin54 said:
Yeah I guess if England were winning they might let him have 15-20 minutes at the end

:lol: You quoted yourself. Now who's the one that is tired?! :tongue:

ckb2001 said:
Why is the US game on ESPN2? ABC is showing local news during that time (ESPN has sportscenter). Do they really think so few are going to watch the game??

It is a shame. it would be so good for soccer if the US public were interested. The Americans always put on a good show. We could learn a lot from some fresh ideas that they may have.

ckb2001 said:

No clue...US game should have the most viewers IMO...

No PKs have been given so far in this World Cup. Watch the 1st one occur during the US game. How I would HATE for it to be against the US!!!

When you watch US films and TV programmes you see more and more soccer being featured in them. Perhaps it is just creeping up on us without us knowing?.

Back
Top Bottom