Official Game Thread: Netherlands vs Serbia and Montenegro | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Game Thread: Netherlands vs Serbia and Montenegro

ROBBEN!!!!!!!!!!! Goal! Goal! Goal! What did I say?! Robben baby....

So much for SMT's strategy of going for the occasional counterattack.. game should open up more soon (which really plays more into Netherland's hands).

Interesting Note since they gave up an kind of early goal...Serbia and Montenegro only allowed 1 goal in the qualifying campaign...

You know, Americans like to say DeMarcus Beasely is our version of Robben, but when you watch Robben, you see why Beasely is at best a poor man's Robben - pretty big difference!

Robben has more presence then Beasley. And is stronger then Beasley. Beasley can be explosive, but there are games where he dissapears because the opposing team's Defenders shut him down.

Prime Time said:
Robben has more presence then Beasley. And is stronger then Beasley. Beasley can be explosive, but there are games where he dissapears because the opposing team's Defenders shut him down.

Another BIG difference is striking ability. DMB is often way off target whereas Robben is good at it. Also, Robben is good at crossing the ball. DMB? :rolleyes:

I must add though DMB is probably better at defense.. real pesky fellow when he's on his game in this regard.

Nice pass...

V. Persie got his head on it....

S&M are going to struggle to score. They aren't creating open spaces and are not really making Van Der Sar work...they are trying to get within 6 feet to score...

Persie with another good chipper pass there...very nice...

ckb2001 said:
Another BIG difference is striking ability. DMB is often way off target whereas Robben is good at it. Also, Robben is good at crossing the ball. DMB? :rolleyes:

Agreed. He has a strong foot and is definately more accurate. Beasley is quicker and defends better like you said. I like both though :)

Whitedolphin54 said:
I thought Beasley was more of a winger?

He is. But Robben today has been playing pretty much down that left side...which is why we made the comparison...

WASSUP fellas just woke up. Its 6:30am here. But I skimmed through the game using Tivo and saw the holland goal.

This probably be a holland win 2-1

Go Orange Machine

Back
Top Bottom