Official Game Thread: Paraguay vs England | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Game Thread: Paraguay vs England

Refs good in MLS?? It's probably the weakest aspect of MLS. NFL could do better, but we don't have much else to directly compare it to. If you compare refereeing in MLS to any major league in Europe, the difference is obvious.

MLS has improved over the years in quality (probably now top 1/3 of a second division to bottom 1/3 of 1st division soccer in the big Euro leagues), but the refereeing really hasn't. However, I think they are well aware of that and will change this over time.

England's D looks sturdy and strong...the midfield is letting me down so far...

Prime Time said:
England's D looks sturdy and strong...the midfield is letting me down so far...

FLMAO. What game are are you watching? Gerrard and Joe Cole are running the game.

Yeah, England has some talent. I don't understand why they keep playing this (for them) traditional long-ball style soccer. This year, they have the talent to play a lot more creatively. Why not mix it up a bit, eh?

ckb2001 said:
Refs good in MLS?? It's probably the weakest aspect of MLS. NFL could do better, but we don't have much else to directly compare it to. If you compare refereeing in MLS to any major league in Europe, the difference is obvious.

MLS has improved over the years in quality (probably now top 1/3 of a second division to bottom 1/3 of 1st division soccer in the big Euro leagues), but the refereeing really hasn't. However, I think they are well aware of that and will change this over time.

I think referee's in England are poor too. By contrast Rugby League ref's are excellent.

Eh...so-so First Half. England looked like they would come out and show us some very nice team football but that stopped after the first ten minutes. They are dominating Paraguay, but they are lacking in the final third of the field. There attackers are just not finishing their chances nor finding the open space.

Boomer said:
FLMAO. What game are are you watching? Gerrard and Joe Cole are running the game.

Yeah Gerrard is amazing with his boomers over the net every time....:rolleyes2

Prime Time said:
Yeah Gerrard is amazing with his boomers over the net every time....:rolleyes2

Gerrard is everywhere. Passing, tackling, strength, winning the ball and playing it easy. Absolute quality.

As to why England are playing the way there are, it's 104 degrees on the pitch. They'll press the ball high up the pitch and then try and switch the play by spreading it around.

At fifa's website, on the live matchcast, they say it's 77 degrees....

Boomer said:
Gerrard is everywhere. Passing, tackling, strength, winning the ball and playing it easy. Absolute quality.

As to why England are playing the way there are, it's 104 degrees on the pitch.

Absolute quality?? He may be winning the ball, but that is because the Paraguayian Forwards..heck the WHOLE Starting 11 for that matter look soooo slow. And are you watching the shots he is taking? Looks like Gerrard is trying to kill pidgeons that might be flying by..

Prime Time said:
Eh...so-so First Half. England looked like they would come out and show us some very nice team football but that stopped after the first ten minutes. They are dominating Paraguay, but they are lacking in the final third of the field. There attackers are just not finishing their chances nor finding the open space.

As the game goes on the Paraguayans will have to take more chances. Then the open spaces will appear my friend.

BTW, has anyone seen Michael Owen? I could've sworn I saw him in the Starting 11 for England....:rolleyes:

What do you mean by "seen"? He's in the lineup or?

ckb2001 said:
What do you mean by "seen"? He's in the lineup or?

I was being sarcastic, because he hasn't shown up. He hasn't really done much of anything except look pretty for the camera. He is just there...Crouch has done more then him thus far but even Crouch isn't doing much.

Back
Top Bottom