Official Game Thread: United States vs Italy | Page 54 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Game Thread: United States vs Italy

Boomer said:
The Mastroeni tackle was a clear red. Tackling from behind, studs up, didn't get the ball, late. Had to go.
thats not deserving of a red card straight up, I'm new to soccer as you all know but most refs would have given a yellow card but that ref bypassed yellow straight to red. thats bogus

nick1 said:
thats not deserving of a red card straight up, I'm new to soccer as you all know but most refs would have given a yellow card but that ref bypassed yellow straight to red. thats bogus

A two legged tackle from behind with stretched legs while the ball has already been played is a RED card.

I really don't think it was from behind, but I'd have to see it again...

Mastroeni could play in Europe..almost all of our starters and then some could play in Europe. I say screw MLS and get these guys over there ASAP from now on. We would improve tremendously. I do understand that they don't want to go to other countries because of certain reasons, but If they truly want to help US Soccer improve, they must.

Some fouls made by the us players like the one from mastroeni would not be made by players playing in europe. He would learn a lot from playing in Europe. The more players you have playing in Europe a top teams the better they will become and so your national team will automatically improve as well and the better your national team does more people in the us will start getting interested in soccer and that's very important.

Yeah but the MLS would also turn pretty bad, but oh well....

Also, the slide tackle Mastroeni made was from the player's left side..it wasn't from behind.

Yeah you are right not from behind but still a red card IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJCJKLSIUyE&search=mastroeni%20red

Well the MLS already is bad but if soccer becomes more popular because of a succesfull national team then maybe more kids will play soccer and a country as big as yours with so many people should have some talent. The top players will still go to Europe though since they all want to play Champions League and well, make more money.

~soap~ said:
Yeah you are right not from behind but still a red card IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJCJKLSIUyE&search=mastroeni%20red

Well the MLS already is bad but if soccer becomes more popular because of a succesfull national team then maybe more kids will play soccer and a country as big as yours with so many people should have some talent. The top players will still go to Europe though since they all want to play Champions League and well, make more money.

I agree but those are the player's choices and If they have MLS Officials pushing them to stay for "the better of the game for this Country" it is hard to leave.

Red? Eh....strict yellow IMO :D

I don't think we will ever agree on this one. So let's agree to disagree

I see the formation being a 4-4-2

GK Keller
RB Cherundolo
RCB Onyewu
LCB Bocanegra
LB Lewis (Wouldn't be surprised If Conrad got the nod though)
RM Dempsey
RCM Reyna
LCM Donovan
LM Convey
F McBride
F Johnson

Sorry Beasley. Sorry O'Brien.

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom