OFFICIAL: Heat Gets Walker, Williams and Posey. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OFFICIAL: Heat Gets Walker, Williams and Posey.

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
It's official...the Heat traded Eddie Jones, Rasual Butler, and Qyntel Woods in a multi way deal and adds Antoine Walker, Jason Williams and James Posey.

it was also reported that the Heat has contacted Dallas about a deal for Finley unless he is released.

Wow. Just wow. Hard to believe. Not a huge fan of adding Walker. Don't like Williams. Like the Posey move. But they all play for the Heat now, so I'm a fan.

Not that I doubt you, but do you have a link so I can see who's going where?

phunwin said:
Not that I doubt you, but do you have a link so I can see who's going where?

790 AM in Miami.....

It is a 5 way deal involving Boston, Miami, Memphis, new Orleans, and Utah.

It is a done deal awaiting league approval.

Section126 said:
790 AM in Miami.....

It is a 5 way deal involving Boston, Miami, Memphis, new Orleans, and Utah.

It is a done deal awaiting league approval.

A *FIVE* way deal? That's got to be a record.

Section126 said:
BTW..it is confirmed that Walker will come off the bench.

Ah, the power of diesel....... and Riley

phunwin said:
A *FIVE* way deal? That's got to be a record.

Someone else on another site also said 5...I didn't believe it...now I do. Eddie Jones, Rasual Butler, and Qyntel Woods are definitely involved in this trade.

"The Heat on Tuesday was also finalizing the details on a five-team trade that would send Antoine Walker, Jason Williams, James Posey and Andre Emmett to Miami. The Heat would send Eddie Jones to Memphis, Rasual Butler to New Orleans and Qyntel Woods to Boston.

The Celtics would also receive Curtis Borchardt, the rights to the Heat's 2004 second-round pick Albert Miralles and two more future second-round picks. Utah would receive Greg Ostertag, and the Hornets, who are under the salary cap, would also get former lottery pick Kirk Snyder. Boston also would receive two second-round picks.

All parties were attempting to finalize the trade through the NBA on Tuesday night.

The deal includes Walker, 28, signing a six-year contract worth $52 million. The Heat would ideally like to use Walker off the bench, similar to the role Heat assistant coach Bob McAdoo played with the Lakers in the 1980s."

From the Miami Herald...I'd supply the link, but you have to register. That's the meat of the trade itself.

And I thought Utah already got Greg Ostertag?

Looks like I'll be watching the Heat now. J-Will should get his championship now :wink:

Dumb beyond belief. This team was minutes away from the NBA Finals last year, and to be honest they matched up better with SA than Detroit did. Not to mention if Wade isn't hurt they probably win that series vs Detroit in 6 games. Why oh why do they make wholesale changes??

I still think Riley is trying to push Van Gundy out. Bringing in J-Williams and Walker (2 headcases) will make Van Gundy's job much harder and if Van Gundy can't control them, then Riley will be back on the bench. This is all just a political game to Riley.

I can't wait to see the first time J-Williams in a close game doesn't feed Wade or Shaq and chucks up some god awful shot.........oh let the fireworks fly!

I will miss Eddie Jones :( He really stepped it up last season as captain of the team.

MikeO said:
Dumb beyond belief. This team was minutes away from the NBA Finals last year, and to be honest they matched up better with SA than Detroit did. Not to mention if Wade isn't hurt they probably win that series vs Detroit in 6 games. Why oh why do they make wholesale changes??

I still think Riley is trying to push Van Gundy out. Bringing in J-Williams and Walker (2 headcases) will make Van Gundy's job much harder and if Van Gundy can't control them, then Riley will be back on the bench. This is all just a political game to Riley.

I can't wait to see the first time J-Williams in a close game doesn't feed Wade or Shaq and chucks up some god awful shot.........oh let the fireworks fly!

I agree. With a healthy Wade they are in the championship game last year. I dont understand such a large roster shake up. I think Posey was a nice pickup, if he can stay healthy, not sure about J-Williams though

Posey is a nice role player. The other 2 will bring this team down

Back
Top Bottom