Official Jay Fiedler excuse and scape-goat thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Jay Fiedler excuse and scape-goat thread

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

McKnight ain't my boy. Chambers is my boy, get it right, cuz right now you have it twisted. McKnight's first drop was on 3rd down and he couldn't of gotten the 1st anyways. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

McKnight is still better than Thompson aka the "offseason bust". He SHOULD be starting. He can make plays.

He couldn't have gotten the first down because he ran his route short of the 1st down marker :rolleyes:. Even Jim Mandich and Howard David said it...and he can make plays??? Really??? If making plays means dropping balls then yeah, you are right, he can "make plays".

The Drops by McKnight and Ricky were both short of the first down marker. McKnight made a momentum change 35 yard play when we needed it. He's a veteran and will step up when needed if given the chance. These guys are getting open but Jay isn't given the time to throw or he's overthrowing or throwing to the wrong receiver like when he threw into double coverage when he should have gone to Mcmichael underneath. Jay isn't blowing it late in the game though and as long as he doesn't turn the ball over in the second half we're going to win.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Everything this team does wrong is Jay's fault. :rolleyes2

Sounds good to me, while your at it add world hunger and utter despair. We cant do any worse with Griese.

As I explained in another thread....yes we can.

Originally posted by Prime Time

He couldn't have gotten the first down because he ran his route short of the 1st down marker :rolleyes:. Even Jim Mandich and Howard David said it...and he can make plays??? Really??? If making plays means dropping balls then yeah, you are right, he can "make plays".

How do you know he ran his route short? That was the RIGHT route. The problem was that two defender were RIGHT BEHIND him. Of course McKnight can make plays. 68-yard TD run last week, 35-yard catch this week.

He sure makes MORE plays than Thompson. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$

Sounds good to me, while your at it add world hunger and utter despair. We cant do any worse with Griese.

This is the lamest statement I have heard in a long time.

We're four and one, ummm we can't do any worse than winning four in a row?

WHATEVER!!!!

The O line needs help!! Ricky needs HELP!! Jay NEEDS HELP!!

We don't have a strong armed QB other than Rosenfels...you want him to start?

Griese has less heart, less mobility, and the same damned arm strength...so yea, let's see if he can't do any worse.

How do you know he ran his route short?

Because the 1st down marker was 3-yards away from where he ran his route?

Oliver...

Originally posted by Oliver

Because the 1st down marker was 3-yards away from where he ran his route?

Oliver...

How do you know that the play wasn't designed for him to run a short route, and pick up the 1st down after the catch? Cause that's what Mandich said after the game..

How do you know that the play wasn't designed for him to run a short route, and pick up the 1st down after the catch? Cause that's what Mandich said after the game..

Then it was a poor play to call.

Oliver...

LOL, jay bashing continues and we continue to win..please don't let us lose, then the Jay bashing for that week will be such a loud unbearable peak that the rest of us will have to cover our ears. I know the Jay bashers can't wait until we lose, they'll probably hoping we loose so we can really hear all the ways Jay lost that game...his arm, his decision making, his running, his blocking, his not running, his instincts, his character, his leadership ability, his over throw, his underthrow, his fumbles, his misread, his sitting on the bench between plays, his demeanor, his attitude, his being born. Did I miss anything?

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
LOL, jay bashing continues and we continue to win..please don't let us lose, then the Jay bashing for that week will be such a loud unbearable peak that the rest of us will have to cover our ears. I know the Jay bashers can't wait until we lose, they'll probably hoping we loose so we can really hear all the ways Jay lost that game...his arm, his decision making, his running, his blocking, his not running, his instincts, his character, his leadership ability, his over throw, his underthrow, his fumbles, his misread, his sitting on the bench between plays, his demeanor, his attitude, his being born. Did I miss anything?

LOL .....I don't want to imagine the chaos that a loss will bring to the board.The Jay basher will be out in full force and you can be sure the board will be flooded with all type of anti-Jay threads.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's not the point man. Point is the route was too short regardless.

McKnight ain't my boy. Chambers is my boy, get it right, cuz right now you have it twisted. McKnight's first drop was on 3rd down and he couldn't of gotten the 1st anyways. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

McKnight is still better than Thompson aka the "offseason bust". He SHOULD be starting. He can make plays.

I was saying that before the game today. However, there is a difference between the two:

McKnight can't catch the ball
Thompson does things to avoid getting to the ball so that he can't get a chance to catch the ball

I defended McKnight a lot before today. However, he just sucked. Hopefully he can recover and have a big game against the Pats next week.

Right now, I am not sure who should start. McKnight had a very nice reception on a beautiful throw from Jay Fiedler which got us a first down, but then he dropped a big play. Thompson, on the other hand, doesn't really do anything at all.

Ya McKnight is facing a beat up Pats secondary and he burned them up quite a bit last year in the famous "Miami oops I did it again game".

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$

Yeah, because this team is sucking so much with Fiedler right now. We are only 4-1. :rolleyes2

Putting in Griese would do absolutely no good for this team. Having a QB controversy is unnecessary when you are winning games and your QB isn't even doing badly.

Back
Top Bottom