*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ PHILADELPHIA EAGLES GAME THREAD *** Preseason WK3 | Page 48 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ PHILADELPHIA EAGLES GAME THREAD *** Preseason WK3

Kids had a team high 7 tackles this game, what are you talking about? At most this year he'd be good as a backup or stashed on the PS.

Way to quote the box score! What the box score doesn't count is how many missed tackles and how often he was out of position. Honestly Chase should be glad that they don't count those. Unfortunately coaching staffs do. Allen had a good first game but followed with two stinkers

Way to quote the box score! What the box score doesn't count is how many missed tackles and how often he was out of position. Honestly Chase should be glad that they don't count those. Unfortunately coaching staffs do. Allen had a good first game but followed with two stinkers
He's a rookie. Those things are teachable. Like I said at most he'd be good as a backup or stashed on the PS this year. Kids got the size and speed to work with.

Our D last year set a record for yards against incompetence. Hard to believe they were worse than all those terrible 80's defenses that could never get off the field.

Do we really believe we can be worse than last year?
Eagles had 426 yards of offense, 10-17 3rd down conversions, 39:15 TOP, 25 1st downs, 152 yards rushing. It's about the same as last year, except the Dolphins gave up a lot more points.

He's a rookie. Those things are teachable. Like I said at most he'd be good as a backup or stashed on the PS this year. Kids got the size and speed to work with.

He was my pick for sleeper to make the team and maybe even start. His had all the measurables has extremely low awareness and is a poor tackler. He's going to get cut and rightly so. At this point he doesn't even deserve a practice squad spot, which is very disappointing. Maybe he can turn it around next week

Based on what I've seen so far this preseason..... The Injuries are just gonna be too much for this team to overcome..... My prediction is 6-10 MAYBE 8-8 if everything goes our way. I just don't see a playoff caliber team right now.

Well, we definitely didn't look like a playoff team five games into last season, but managed to go 9-2 the rest of the way to get in. Let's see what happens once the games starting counting.

I was foolish enough to believe the reports coming out of OTA's and Mini Camp about Charles Harris. This kid has completely disappeared once the Pre Season started. He continues to show a serious lack of ball awareness and can not disengage from an o-lineman. He's had a few plays where he's had nice bull rushes, but that's about it. The whole entire defense has no more than 2-3 sacks this pre season. Matt Burke is in WAY over his head. This defense can't do anything right. These games have been an embarrassment to watch from a defensive stand point. At least the offense has shown signs it will be able to make plays. They also seem to have the more encouraging signs they've found some players that may be able to help along the offensive line. But god all mighty this defense is complete trash.

He was my pick for sleeper to make the team and maybe even start. His had all the measurables has extremely low awareness and is a poor tackler. He's going to get cut and rightly so. At this point he doesn't even deserve a practice squad spot, which is very disappointing. Maybe he can turn it around next week
Hell if you're that down on Allen, who's been doing decent; what's your take on Charles Harris, who hasn't shown anything this preseason? Kids been a non factor against second and third stringers.

Eagles had 426 yards of offense, 10-17 3rd down conversions, 39:15 TOP, 25 1st downs, 152 yards rushing. It's about the same as last year, except the Dolphins gave up a lot more points.
With this defense, we are a 4 win team at best. They were absolutely horrible from start the finish. The complete lack of pass rush is the most concerning as we can't cover man on man and are even worse in zone. Hopefully the defense is taking the old mantra of don't show anything during preseason. Otherwise we are going to break even more shameful records.

So what's your take on Charles Harris, who hasn't shown anything this preseason? Kids been a non factor against second and third stringers.

I wasn't a fan of that pick and unlike chase Allen, he hasn't shown anything to change my mind. He is as advertised: a limited pass rusher who absolutely can not set the edge.

Either way this defense is bottom barrel scraping garbage. Hope it's just because it's only pre season, but I don't know.

Our defense looks like the slop we put on the field last season. Missed tackles all over the place, players over running plays and being out of position. Then our backups on the o-line can't block their way out of a wet paper sack.

Bobby McCain and Byron Maxwell blew the assignments in the 1st half on Wentz's 2 TDs. You'd figure Maxwell and McCain would know there assignments by now , its year 2 in the system. Jones didn't help either on that 1st TD. He over ran the play. Same with McCain on the 2nd TD. I would be encouraged if they'd have been in better position and the WR just made a better play. McCain and Philips were 2 guys I was extremely worried about. And they've sucked the joint up.

With this defense, we are a 4 win team at best. They were absolutely horrible from start the finish. The complete lack of pass rush is the most concerning as we can't cover man on man and are even worse in zone. Hopefully the defense is taking the old mantra of don't show anything during preseason. Otherwise we are going to break even more shameful records.
I'm not sure the front 4 can get to the QB fast enough when we're playing 7 yards off the WRs outside. Every team runs option routes and when an offense sees soft coverage like that they're going to throw the ball out quick and it's just pitch and catch.

Last year I thought both the defensive scheme and the personnel were equally at fault for the horrible defense. We really haven't done much for either despite what some people around here think. Harris is non-existent, I don't expect much from him this year, McMillan is out, Tankersley probably won't contribute much at all this year, Godchauex has been a huge surprise and probably our only contributer this year and I don't know where Taylor has been. Don't expect much, if anything, from this draft class.

I'm more excited about Tankersley than I thought I'd be. The reports were, he's afraid to tackle. But he's shown solid awareness and has been assignment sound from what I can tell. He's shown potential to contribute, but the question is When?

Back
Top Bottom