*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ PHILADELPHIA EAGLES GAME THREAD *** Preseason WK3 | Page 49 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ PHILADELPHIA EAGLES GAME THREAD *** Preseason WK3

There may be a serious contest for the Punter role on the roster. Prior to preseason I would have said Darr is fine and would easily hold his position but Matt Haack from Arizona State also looks good and it is interesting that he got his opportunity tonight. I also noted that Tannenbaum mentioned 2 undrafted players to impress being Guard Jesse Davis and then he mentioned Haack.
So effectively, we have 2 decent Punters. Maybe Tannenbaum was showcasing one of them for a possible trade for a team in need of a Punter.

I never thought I'd say this, but boy do I miss Oliver Vernon. He's got everything we are all hoping Charles Harris gets. It's too bad they let him walk. This defense would be so much better with Vernon still here. The one thing about Venon I loved was how he could disengage and pursue. He developed into a really good player. A home grown player.

Yeah not signing Olivier a year early and letting him walk for a compensatory pick hurts a lot.

Harris should be fine from what I am hoping he comes from a school with a good pedigree of pass rushers & he is still raw in talent.

Yes we didn't see anything crazy this pre season but I haven't heard about the #1 pick DE either.

So did Dallas Thomas play for Philly last night? I was too busy looking at our guys to spend much time on him. How'd he look for anyone who noticed?

I wasnt able to watch the game last night. Does anyone have a breakdown they can share on who impressed and who didnt?

I wasnt able to watch the game last night. Does anyone have a breakdown they can share on who impressed and who didnt?

I thought Verner had a good game on defense and Phillips made a decent athelate pick and run- other than that it's a huge struggle to find anything else postiive on the defense side of the ball.

If the line can protect the passer jay should have a decent year - with his best chemistry with Parker it appears. He still needs to time things up with Stills and other IMO. Jay A is ready for the season- ran with force last night. Grant split the defenders and had a long TD.

Special Teams was much better than last weeks horrific showing.

Thats about all I got. Overall we still cant defend the middle of the field and cant get off the field on third down. Cant execute a screen or stop a screen on defense.

I thought Tankersley played well. He's seems to have picked his game up, as a pro. Mike Pouncey played better than I was expecting, he looks ready. Jesse Davis started out well, but tailed off as the game went on. For him I think it's more about lack of experience. Godchaux was his usual self. He's been a Godsend.

Timmons also had a nice showing. His INT was impressive.

Really sucks that we lost Raekwon. Our LB unit was finally looking decent for once.

If Gase it ultimately going to be successful, he's going to have to prove he's more than just a 1 way (offensive) coach.

Now I agree with that sentiment. But, I feel I should point out that Shula was successful despite horrid defenses during the Marino years. We can't win a Super Bowl with a shoddy defense, but Gase can still be successful ... it's just a little harder.

Yep, I'm also hoping we eventually move on from this defensive system. Our defenses were better under the previous systems with arguably less overall talent.

Back
Top Bottom