***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 142 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess those experts never watched any of our games then. It's quite obvious the reason we weren't successful last year was our inability to bring the ball up the court. I mean McClinton is good and all, but let's not act like he has the NBA potential of Scott, Grant, or Jones. He was a good shooter, and probably the second best player ever at Miami, but Haith has been bringing in a lot of talent that's well-balanced. There's no reason at all to think this team will be less successful than last year's team.

I guess those experts never watched any of our games then. It's quite obvious the reason we weren't successful last year was our inability to bring the ball up the court. I mean McClinton is good and all, but let's not act like he has the NBA potential of Scott, Grant, or Jones. He was a good shooter, and probably the second best player ever at Miami, but Haith has been bringing in a lot of talent that's well-balanced. There's no reason at all to think this team will be less successful than last year's team.

I thought the whole picking us last was odd too, but for some reason we were picked to be cellar dwellars.

I thought we'd have a solid team this year, especially with Collins coming back.

Seems like we're a quicker team this year and shoot better from the perimeter.

I thought the whole picking us last was odd too, but for some reason we were picked to be cellar dwellars.

I thought we'd have a solid team this year, especially with Collins coming back.

Seems like we're a quicker team this year and shoot better from the perimeter.

Exactly. Another interesting stat I've been noticing is how we've been outrebounding other teams. Again, this could all change once ACC play starts, but it's encouraging to see us improving from last year. I wasn't sold on Frank Haith last year, but it looks like he could have this team on the right track after all.

I don't know if you watched the game last night, but we absolutely abused Minnesota on the boards.

I was pretty impressed.

This may be a more complete team than the one we went to the NCAAs with. Jack was a special player, but I think we've got better all around guys at each position this year.

I've been very impressed with the basketball team this year. I like what I'm seeing.

Hurricanes hoops lost their first game today. Could have had a win, but it just wasn't to be.

Oh well, we've got a string of easy W's lined up until ACC play anyway. Should be a great season.

Player awards were annoucned at the annual banquet tonight. I'm pissed. Even matt Bosher can't get the credit he deserves on his own team. He should have EASILY walked away with his second consecutive Jack Harding award.

Scout Team Player of the Year - Offense - Spencer Whipple

Scout Team Player of the Year - Defensive - Cory Nelms

Hard Hitter Award - Darryl Sharpton

Special Teams Player of Year - Matt Bosher

Strength Training Athlete of the Year - Allen Bailey

Nick Chickillo Most Improved Player - Sam Shields (D) and Matt Pipho (O)

Walt Kichefski Hurricane Award - Commitment, Consistency, Work Ethic - A.J. Trump

Albert Bentley Most Valuable Walk-On Award - Chris Ivory

U Miami Sports Hall of Fame Unsung Hero Award - Tervaris Johnson

Mariutto Family Scholarship Award for Academic Excellence - Jake Byrne

Plumer Award for Leadership, Motivation and Spirit - Randy Phillips

Melching Leadership Award - Javarris James (O) and Joe Joseph (D)

Jack Harding (MVP) - Jason Fox (O) and Darryl Sharpton (D)

Community Service Man of the Year Award - Ryan Hill and Chavez Grant

Newcomer of the Year Award - Mike James

Training Room Comeback Player of the Year - Dedrick Epps (O) and Colin McCarthy (D)

Hurricane Media "Good Guy" Award - Jacory Harris (O) and Randy Phillips (D)

Special screening for "The U" documentary tomorrow on campus at the Cosford Cinema. 7:00PM showtime.

Limited seating. Free to all. First come, first serve.

Special screening for "The U" documentary tomorrow on campus at the Cosford Cinema. 7:00PM showtime.

Limited seating. Free to all. First come, first serve.

Man, that would be so cool to go to that. Advice to anybody going - get there early. I have a feeling that little theater is going to be packed pretty quickly.

True Sophomore Brandon Harris earned 2nd team All American honors. Jason Fox was an honorable mention. Bosher not even an honorable mention. I'm surprised that Bosher hasn't gotten any national accolades throughout his career. He's going to be a heck of a kicker in the NFL someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom