***Official MMA Thread*** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official MMA Thread***

Motion

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
This is awesome news!!!

UFC 75: Champion vs. Champion on Spike TV!

Reigning UFC Champion Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson Takes On PRIDE Champion Dan Henderson in Historic Unification Bout in London at UFC 75. Also Features Top Heavyweight Contenders Mirko 'Cro Cop' vs. Cheick Kongo and The Ultimate Fighter 3 Alums Michael Bisping vs. Matt Hamill.

Spike TV will telecast "UFC 75: Champion vs. Champion," its most star-studded fight card ever, including the network's first-ever UFC(r) title fight, a unification
bout between UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and PRIDE's 205-pound Champion Dan "Hollywood" Henderson, on Saturday, September 8 at 9:00 PM ET/PT (same day tape) from The O2 Arena in
London, England.

UFC 75 also features a major heavyweight battle withinternational superstar Mirko "Cro Cop" when he takes on France's Cheick Kongo. As a special feature, England's own and "The Ultimate Fighter(r) 3" Light Heavyweight Champion Michael "The Count" Bisping takes on fellow "The Ultimate Fighter 3" cast member Matt "The Hammer" Hamill.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=4343&zoneid=13

Ehh, I guess this is good news. Doesn't really do anything for me, I watch them free anyways...I just hope the ratings do well, the HBO deal and any type of ESPN deal could hinge on how this show performs...

dope... i wanna see cro cop kick some *** and come back strong after his shocking last loss at UFC...

Woo Hoo what a birthday present for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dope... i wanna see cro cop kick some *** and come back strong after his shocking last loss at UFC...

That fight is gonna be ridiculous. They are both best on their feet.

Wow I can't wait! The fact that its free is really crazy. I would have thought they would have made a ton of money on UFC 75

UFC 76 Main Event set.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=4346&zoneid=2

Well, it isn't going to be the same as the much anticipated Wanderlei Chuck fight, which sucks. But even though this fight wont be near as competitive, and not even close to the draw, it should be lighting in a bottle, and somebody is gonna see stars...

Chuck Liddell vs. Keith Jardine

With all of the controversy and speculation surrounding the potential main event fight between former champ, Chuck Liddell and former Pride champion, Wanderlei Silva, the UFC finally put the fight to sleep after Silva requested to fight in November instead of the scheduled September 22nd date the organization had set for the main event of UFC 76. Now with Liddell expecting to fight in September the UFC found a new opponent and his name is Keith Jardine

This fight is slated to be the main event for a card that will also feature the debut of former Pride Grand Prix winner, Mauricio “Shogun†Rua. Jardine has to see this fight as the biggest opportunity of his career and a win over Liddell would surely erase the fight with Alexander out of many people’s minds.

Updated fight card, with obviously more to be announced.

-Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs. Ryoto Machida
-Chuck Liddell vs. Keith Jardine
-Diego Sanchez vs. Jon Fitch
-Jason Lambert vs. Wilson Gouveia
-Evan Tanner vs. TBA

This looks like it will be another solid show. I'm sure there will be a couple high profile LW fighters on the card to make it even better...

New MMA Reality Show - Frank Shamrock

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=4319&zoneid=13

The legendary fighter will hold the casting call at his elite martial arts academy, the Shamrock Martial Arts Academy, in San Jose, California. Initial taping for the show will take place in August 2007.

If you are a 150 lb. male with a checkered past and an interest in MMA fighting, please bring a recent photo and a one-page bio to the casting call. Please email casting@outsidetheboxent.com for an application.

Who: Men at 150lbs. with interest in MMA and looking for guidance.

I don't think there is any kind of tv deal yet...But it could be interesting. I think it is very interesting that they are asking for guys with troubled pasts...Of course we all know that on shows like this, they are looking for drama more than anything. This show is coming right out and basically saying this, so it should make for an entertaining show...

I will whatch when it comes on, But I don't think it will be that good

Solid card, can't wait to see Shogun. Sanchez and Fitch will be good too.

Back
Top Bottom