***Official N.Y. Jets @ Buffalo Thursday Night Football Game Thread*** | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official N.Y. Jets @ Buffalo Thursday Night Football Game Thread***

The Bills defense was not over rated under Schwartz and the problem from the start is that Rex didnt play to the strength of that defense. You can blame Williams all you want for quitting but go look at that entire DL and the enormous decrease in sacks and pressures amongst everyone. It doesn't take a lot of sense to realize the problem lies within the scheme and the coaching, not in the talent.

The Bills defense was not over rated under Schwartz and the problem from the start is that Rex didnt play to the strength of that defense. You can blame Williams all you want for quitting but go look at that entire DL and the enormous decrease in sacks and pressures amongst everyone. It doesn't take a lot of sense to realize the problem lies within the scheme and the coaching, not in the talent.

they made their reputation on one game they played great against the Packers when Buf beat them to go to 8-6. a week later against a terrible Oakland team they gave up 26 pts in a loss and they were done. they bounced back to beat NE in week 17 when NE didn't care to give them that 9-7 record. when NE tried earlier in the year they hung 37 on them.

w/ all that said they had talent and were a good D, rex did a poor job in 2014 but his history shows us he's a good DC so it was an aberration. this year they are really beat up w/ injuries and suspensions.

2013 they ran the same scheme w/ Mike Pettine, they were ranked in the top 10 and had 57 sacks. a year later w/ Schwarz they had 54 sacks.

he has never been to the playoffs. he got hurt early in 2011 when Houston first made it. for years they were a hot team expected to make the playoffs and never did, coincidentally they finally made it after he got hurt and have returned a bunch of times since.

he has never been an elite player, he has always been overrated, he is an elite talent.

You can't blame not going to the Playoffs on Mario Williams. It takes a team to make a playoff run. Williams has been a very good player for a long time. Rex should have played to his best players strengths instead of trying to fit in his own scheme.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

He absolutely didn't play to his teams strengths. It's the only logical explanation for the huge drop off. Buffalo once again took a good thing and ruined it. That team had so much talent on defense. To watch their fall has been sad.

You can't blame not going to the Playoffs on Mario Williams. It takes a team to make a playoff run. Williams has been a very good player for a long time. Rex should have played to his best players strengths instead of trying to fit in his own scheme.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

He absolutely didn't play to his teams strengths. It's the only logical explanation for the huge drop off. Buffalo once again took a good thing and ruined it. That team had so much talent on defense. To watch their fall has been sad.

he was a leader on that team, a team that annually was expected to be playoff contenders in the late 00s and they never made it until he was gone. could be just a coincidence? Williams has been an overrated player for a long time, an incredible talent though. Should have been a HOF type player.

Buffalo still has a ton of talent on D, the problem is a bunch of that talent is either hurt or suspended.

The Bills fired the wrong coach :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Bills fired the wrong coach :lol:

As a Dolphins fan I total disagree and hope both Ryans stay for a few more years :hump:

On a side note I had Forte on my fantasy team so thanks for that Jets :brewskis:

As a Dolphins fan I total disagree and hope both Ryans stay for a few more years :hump:

On a side note I had Forte on my fantasy team so thanks for that Jets :brewskis:

I'm merely pointing out how inept that organization is and it's no coincidence we're seeing the same dysfunction as Rex's last season with the Jets.

Bills offense scored more than 30 points 6 out of 18 games with Rex

Bills defense allowed more than 30 points 6 out of 18 games with Rex.

Rob is the de facto DC so no way he gets fired without Rex getting fired. The clown show continues.

I'm merely pointing out how inept that organization is and it's no coincidence we're seeing the same dysfunction as Rex's last season with the Jets.

Bills offense scored more than 30 points 6 out of 18 games with Rex

Bills defense allowed more than 30 points 6 out of 18 games with Rex.

Rob is the de facto DC so no way he gets fired without Rex getting fired. The clown show continues.

Rob is NOT the DC, rex is running that D.

and their O has scored 30 or more 4 times w/ 2 of them coming against you guys. the D has allowed 30 or more 5 times including last night.

Buffalo has been an inept franchise all Century. we were inept at the end of rex's time here b/c of John Idzik.

Rob is NOT the DC, rex is running that D.

and their O has scored 30 or more 4 times w/ 2 of them coming against you guys. the D has allowed 30 or more 5 times including last night.

Buffalo has been an inept franchise all Century. we were inept at the end of rex's time here b/c of John Idzik.

Thank you for clarifying it's Rex running the defense. New England, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Washington, Cincinnati and the Jets all hung at least 30 on Rex's defense the last 18 games. That's 6 teams. 33.3 % of games Rex's defense got torched.

They scored at least 30 on New England, Jacksonville, Houston, Jets and Miami twice. That's 6 times.

Its hard for you to be objective when it comes to Rex and Sanchez. I'm out of this circular discussion.

Thank you for clarifying it's Rex running the defense. New England, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Washington, Cincinnati and the Jets all hung at least 30 on Rex's defense the last 18 games. That's 6 teams. 33.3 % of games Rex's defense got torched.

They scored at least 30 on New England, Jacksonville, Houston, Jets and Miami twice. That's 6 times.

Its hard for you to be objective when it comes to Rex and Sanchez. I'm out of this circular discussion.

Jax scored 20 against the D, they had 2 return TDs(fumble and INT) to get to 34 pts.

Buf's O scored 24 against jax, got 7 on an INT return.
last night the Buf O scored 24(7 in garbage time by the way), the D scored a TD to put them to 31.

why does the D get penalized b/c the O allowed scores? why does the O get credit when the D scores?

rex's D has underperformed, we can see that w/ accurate info so why post inaccurate info?

Jax scored 20 against the D, they had 2 return TDs(fumble and INT) to get to 34 pts.

Buf's O scored 24 against jax, got 7 on an INT return.
last night the Buf O scored 24(7 in garbage time by the way), the D scored a TD to put them to 31.

why does the D get penalized b/c the O allowed scores? why does the O get credit when the D scores?

rex's D has underperformed, we can see that w/ accurate info so why post inaccurate info?

I think you can cherry pick minor details as much as you want to, but it's not mystery or surprise that Buffalo is under performing since Rex's arrival......and I feel pretty confident that will continue.

Firing the OC 5 days into your season....is unbelievable.

I think you can cherry pick minor details as much as you want to, but it's not mystery or surprise that Buffalo is under performing since Rex's arrival......and I feel pretty confident that will continue.

Firing the OC 5 days into your season....is unbelievable.

Its a definite panic move. Funny thing is in his post game presser im pretty sure he said he thought his O played well. His time is coming to an end in Buffalo. He'll be in the TV booth next year.

Back
Top Bottom