***Official N.Y. Jets @ Buffalo Thursday Night Football Game Thread*** | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official N.Y. Jets @ Buffalo Thursday Night Football Game Thread***

Goodnight ****flyin' Ryans.

Bowles has himself a good looking squad. 10 win team last year. Fitz is accurate with an array of throws, at least tonight. Jets biggest problem on D just might be Revis.

I am stunned to say this, but Mike ****ing Gillislee looks good out there tonight.

I only watch the first half and both teams looked mediocre at best...

Shocked to see the Jets in it, as if the Bills wanted to lose the game.

I think both teams are easily beatable.

Then you should watch the entire game again. Jets were clearly the better team on both sides of the ball.
"Shocked to see the Jets in it" The jets ended the 1st half leading 20-10 if anything it was the other way around. A deep ball and a fumble recovery TD in quick succession to start the 3rd quarter is the only reason this game was even close. Jets Offense put on a offensive display we haven't in quite some time and their defense still looks like the same one that has made Tannehill and the offense look very mediocre. Unless tannehill starts hitting the deep ball consistently (on much tighter coverage then the Stills drop) then maybe we can expose their D. Jets only looked weak against the deep ball. I would love to go buffalo and out on that performance but the jets have more pieces on O in WR/RB and D. It's really going to depend on our QB play. Which tonight's jets QB looked very well.

Then you should watch the entire game again. Jets were clearly the better team on both sides of the ball.
"Shocked to see the Jets in it" The jets ended the 1st half leading 20-10 if anything it was the other way around. A deep ball and a fumble recovery TD in quick succession to start the 3rd quarter is the only reason this game was even close. Jets Offense put on a offensive display we haven't in quite some time and their defense still looks like the same one that has made Tannehill and the offense look very mediocre. Unless tannehill starts hitting the deep ball consistently (on much tighter coverage then the Stills drop) then maybe we can expose their D. Jets only looked weak against the deep ball. I would love to go buffalo and out on that performance but the jets have more pieces on O in WR/RB and D. It's really going to depend on our QB play. Which tonight's jets QB looked very well.

the crazy thing is we have dominated both of our games physically. we should have won both by double digits but we gave away the cincy game and allowed Buffalo to hang around far too long. I believe those issues can be cleaned up and this team can be really good especially if Fitz can play like he did last night.

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

People wanted Rex Ryan on this team.

Rex is fine, that team has a million injuries/suspensions. he has no chance right now.

Well what game were you watching? That was a complete beat down by the Jets from start to finish. The Bills night consisted of 3 plays. 2 long TD passes almost the length of the field and one fluke fumble recovery for a touchdown. Other than that it was all Jets all night.

You can't have watched that game and came away with the impression that the Jets seem mediocre at best and that you were surprised that they were still in it. Not if you're being honest with yourself. The Jets have legit offensive talent and a great defensive line. They have some soft spots in their secondary but they are a legitimate team. Not saying they will make the playoffs or anything because their early season schedule is so brutal, but they didn't look mediocre at best last night, that's for sure. They looked awesome. Be fair.

Considering that the Ryans are both defensive coaches I would fire them asap. They should work in a pizza factory for quality control. :bobdole:

It was nice to see the vintage Rex Ryan 12 men on the field penalty his teams got flagged for so many times while he was here. Especially towards the end.

Well what game were you watching? That was a complete beat down by the Jets from start to finish. The Bills night consisted of 3 plays. 2 long TD passes almost the length of the field and one fluke fumble recovery for a touchdown. Other than that it was all Jets all night.

You can't have watched that game and came away with the impression that the Jets seem mediocre at best and that you were surprised that they were still in it. Not if you're being honest with yourself. The Jets have legit offensive talent and a great defensive line. They have some soft spots in their secondary but they are a legitimate team. Not saying they will make the playoffs or anything because their early season schedule is so brutal, but they didn't look mediocre at best last night, that's for sure. They looked awesome. Be fair.

I think so early on you have to be careful about calling the Jets legit. As far as I recall the Jets did not look that superior in their opener and Fitzpatrick had a mediocre game. Most teams are still in early season sleepiness. What I saw yesterday that the Bills may be the worst team in the AFC East this year. Outside of a couple big plays on offense it was awful to watch. And the D was just stunningly bad. Kinda like the Dolphins D last year.

What the Jets did though start the alarm clock for Rex Ryan. Last year they were essentially responsible for getting Philbin fired (thank you) and this year they started the watch clock on Ryan.

With Arizona and NE looming (and possible an 0-4 start) I could see Ryan's departure the week leading up to the Rams game (in LA). It would be an easier task for an interim coach.

And how legit the Jets are? The next 4 will give a lot of answers for you guys: @Chiefs, Seahawks, @Steelers, @Cardinals.
I think if the Jets can go 2-2 during that span they can think of playoff contention (at 3-1 pr 4-0 they are definitely a contender). 1-3 or 0-4 would put them into a pressure cooker and Fitzpatrick is not a good cook when you bring out the pressure cooker.

I think so early on you have to be careful about calling the Jets legit. As far as I recall the Jets did not look that superior in their opener and Fitzpatrick had a mediocre game. Most teams are still in early season sleepiness. What I saw yesterday that the Bills may be the worst team in the AFC East this year. Outside of a couple big plays on offense it was awful to watch. And the D was just stunningly bad. Kinda like the Dolphins D last year.

What the Jets did though start the alarm clock for Rex Ryan. Last year they were essentially responsible for getting Philbin fired (thank you) and this year they started the watch clock on Ryan.

With Arizona and NE looming (and possible an 0-4 start) I could see Ryan's departure the week leading up to the Rams game (in LA). It would be an easier task for an interim coach.

And how legit the Jets are? The next 4 will give a lot of answers for you guys: @Chiefs, Seahawks, @Steelers, @Cardinals.
I think if the Jets can go 2-2 during that span they can think of playoff contention (at 3-1 pr 4-0 they are definitely a contender). 1-3 or 0-4 would put them into a pressure cooker and Fitzpatrick is not a good cook when you bring out the pressure cooker.

I'm not trying to indicate that the Jets are SB contenders or anything. I just think they can play with most teams in the league. They are a two way team. They can play both offense and defense. But I understand what you're saying. Buffalo could just be that bad. And yes, there schedule is brutal. I truly believe the Jets could be a good team who could get buried early, play well late, but not be able to catch up.

And the Jets have some flaws. There secondary right now needs to tighten up. They are a corner short IMO. The Milliner pick has haunted this team at that position.

I was more impressed that they played very well against a really good Bengals team and should have won that game. That loss was a killer but that game followed up by this performance does at the very least make me feel that the Jets can play with most teams in the league. KC in Arrowhead is going to be an interesting test for the Jets. I look at the Chiefs as a very similar team to the Jets from overall talent perspective. We'll see how the Jets do on the road in that environment. A win there would be huge for this team.

it's a long season but the Jets physically dominated both of their opponents, they have had a few glaring mistakes that have led to games being closer than they should be but so far this team looks like it can be a very good one. Long way to go, things change quickly in this league and they have a bunch of tough games coming up but I feel pretty good about what I have seen so far. Clean up some of those mistakes and we will be in good shape.

Buffalo would be foolish to fire Rex but they are the Bills. he has a depleted roster and has still kept his team competitive through 2 weeks.

The Jets are a playoff team as long as Fitz doesnt resort to his routine of shrinking in big games. Buffalo looked lost on defense and yes, Rex is a big problem. The Bills defense has gone from one of the best to a bottom half feeder in 18 games. Suspensions and injuries are not the issue. Their LBs and DBs are being toasted in coverage. They dont get to the QB which was ALWAYS a problem when Rex was in NY. Rex is a bottom feeder head coach that is clueless in game management. His defense in NY exceled because Revis shut down half the field not to mention the talent level there, as well as Baltimore, masked his deficiencies. Hiring his brother was an asinine move that is nothing more than nepotism to help a guy that no one wants on their staff.

Rex will be one of the first coaches fired this season and I'm not certain he'll get a shot at being an NFL DC immediately after. I certainly wouldn't hire him.

Back
Top Bottom