***Official N.Y. Jets @ Buffalo Thursday Night Football Game Thread*** | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official N.Y. Jets @ Buffalo Thursday Night Football Game Thread***

The Jets are a playoff team as long as Fitz doesnt resort to his routine of shrinking in big games. Buffalo looked lost on defense and yes, Rex is a big problem. The Bills defense has gone from one of the best to a bottom half feeder in 18 games. Suspensions and injuries are not the issue. Their LBs and DBs are being toasted in coverage. They dont get to the QB which was ALWAYS a problem when Rex was in NY. Rex is a bottom feeder head coach that is clueless in game management. His defense in NY exceled because Revis shut down half the field not to mention the talent level there, as well as Baltimore, masked his deficiencies. Hiring his brother was an asinine move that is nothing more than nepotism to help a guy that no one wants on their staff.

Rex will be one of the first coaches fired this season and I'm not certain he'll get a shot at being an NFL DC immediately after. I certainly wouldn't hire him.

I don't think Rex will take a DC job. He definitely will probably get fired it least after the season is over though, unless his team makes a drastic turnaround. That team has regressed since he took over. It makes him look really bad.

Rex said Buffalo will be his last HC job but I don't totally buy that. I think what most likely will happen is that he'll get fired, go do TV for a few years, and after sitting out for a while teams will forget about his Buffalo run and look back more fondly on the early success he had with the Jets and he'll eventually get offered another HC position for some dormant franchise looking to shake things up.

Either that or he'll go the DC route and try and eventually turn it into another HC job.

I don't think Rex will take a DC job. He definitely will probably get fired it least after the season is over though, unless his team makes a drastic turnaround. That team has regressed since he took over. It makes him look really bad.

Rex said Buffalo will be his last HC job but I don't totally buy that. I think what most likely will happen is that he'll get fired, go do TV for a few years, and after sitting out for a while teams will forget about his Buffalo run and look back more fondly on the early success he had with the Jets and he'll eventually get offered another HC position for some dormant franchise looking to shake things up.

Either that or he'll go the DC route and try and eventually turn it into another HC job.
I can see the analyst job but I have a hard time believing anyone will hire him as a head coach. Lots of Buaffalo fans wishing they still had Marrone and Schwartz.

On a different note, Revis is a shell of his former self. Hard to believe that may be a weakness on that Jet defense.

The Jets are a playoff team as long as Fitz doesnt resort to his routine of shrinking in big games. Buffalo looked lost on defense and yes, Rex is a big problem. The Bills defense has gone from one of the best to a bottom half feeder in 18 games. Suspensions and injuries are not the issue. Their LBs and DBs are being toasted in coverage. They dont get to the QB which was ALWAYS a problem when Rex was in NY. Rex is a bottom feeder head coach that is clueless in game management. His defense in NY exceled because Revis shut down half the field not to mention the talent level there, as well as Baltimore, masked his deficiencies. Hiring his brother was an asinine move that is nothing more than nepotism to help a guy that no one wants on their staff.

Rex will be one of the first coaches fired this season and I'm not certain he'll get a shot at being an NFL DC immediately after. I certainly wouldn't hire him.

their D was overrated 2 years ago. they struggle some last year mainly b/c a supposed leader quit on him. their issues this year are injury/suspension related.

To be fair Revis was on the D in 2008 and we were ranked 16th, the next year w. rex we were #1. Revis got hurt early in 2012 and rex coached basically all of 2012, 2013 and 2014 w/o him here and we were ranked 8th, 11th and 6th.

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

It's hard to get a 3rd shot w/ the way it ended in NY(though that was more a personnel issue) and being fired 2 years in at Buffalo(though no one can win there).

I can see the analyst job but I have a hard time believing anyone will hire him as a head coach. Lots of Buaffalo fans wishing they still had Marrone and Schwartz.

On a different note, Revis is a shell of his former self. Hard to believe that may be a weakness on that Jet defense.

Revis isn't elite anymore. He's still very good but people shouldn't be shocked now when he gets beat. It's gonna happen from time to time. Especially if the Jets leave him out on an island against a top player. I'm still more worried about the other CB spot across from Revis. Williams looked good last night but I don't trust him. And I think Skrine is better suited on the inside.

Time heals all wounds. Even for Rex. I could see a franchise like Cleveland giving him a chance to try and revitalize a dead fan base.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

their D was overrated 2 years ago. they struggle some last year mainly b/c a supposed leader quit on him. their issues this year are injury/suspension related.

To be fair Revis was on the D in 2008 and we were ranked 16th, the next year w. rex we were #1. Revis got hurt early in 2012 and rex coached basically all of 2012, 2013 and 2014 w/o him here and we were ranked 8th, 11th and 6th.

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

It's hard to get a 3rd shot w/ the way it ended in NY(though that was more a personnel issue) and being fired 2 years in at Buffalo(though no one can win there).

It is hard to get a third shot. He might have to be a DC again if he wants one. I see TV as the most likely future for him after this year.

Revis isn't elite anymore. He's still very good but people shouldn't be shocked now when he gets beat. It's gonna happen from time to time. Especially if the Jets leave him out on an island against a top player. I'm still more worried about the other CB spot across from Revis. Williams looked good last night but I don't trust him. And I think Skrine is better suited on the inside.

Time heals all wounds. Even for Rex. I could see a franchise like Cleveland giving him a chance to try and revitalize a dead fan base.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

It is hard to get a third shot. He might have to be a DC again if he wants one. I see TV as the most likely future for him after this year.

football is in his blood, I think he'll work TV for a while but will he want to go back? he'd need to be a DC again to get another shot most likely. He never should have jumped right back in, he should have taken a TV gig last year and waited for the perfect opportunity.

The Ryan brothers are a joke and it's insane to me that anyone can defend them at this point. Two years ago, when Doug Marrone quit the Bills, we were all scared ****less of Buffalo getting a good coach with that terrifying defense they had assembled, which I thought was up there as one of the very best in the NFL. Now they're not even one of the best defenses in the division.

football is in his blood, I think he'll work TV for a while but will he want to go back? he'd need to be a DC again to get another shot most likely. He never should have jumped right back in, he should have taken a TV gig last year and waited for the perfect opportunity.

So many coaches fall victim to that mistake. Mangini did the same thing running to Cleveland. It's wiser to wait for a better opportunity. Rex would be a hot commodity if he went the TV route for a year or two and then jumped back in.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

The Ryan brothers are a joke and it's insane to me that anyone can defend them at this point. Two years ago, when Doug Marrone quit the Bills, we were all scared ****less of Buffalo getting a good coach with that terrifying defense they had assembled, which I thought was up there as one of the very best in the NFL. Now they're not even one of the best defenses in the division.

I still think Rex can build a good defense. I don't know what's going on in Buffalo. It just seems like its been a train wreck from the start.

look at the talent 2 years ago and compare it to last night.

I still think Rex can build a good defense. I don't know what's going on in Buffalo. It just seems like its been a train wreck from the start.

I just explained why it's been a train wreck from the start.

You didn't give any explanation as to why the defense has regressed...

last year supposed leaders quit b/c they only cared about personal stats, so far this year his D is in shambles injury and suspension wise.

last year supposed leaders quit b/c they only cared about personal stats, so far this year his D is in shambles injury and suspension wise.

Players quitting doesn't make the HC look good if that's what happened.

Biggest problem with Rex IMO in Buffalo is that he didn't play to his talent. It's his way or the highway. He should have saw what worked for Marrone with that unit and either break it up and build his own or go with what was working. Instead he tried to fit square pegs into round holes. That was a mistake, and losing players in your first year makes you look bad.

Players quitting doesn't make the HC look good if that's what happened.

Biggest problem with Rex IMO in Buffalo is that he didn't play to his talent. It's his way or the highway. He should have saw what worked for Marrone with that unit and either break it up and build his own or go with what was working. Instead he tried to fit square pegs into round holes. That was a mistake, and losing players in your first year makes you look bad.

that player quit in Houston too. last year when they were actually in a real playoff race he was worried about his sacks rather than wins. that is the type of player he is and why no team has ever made the playoffs w/ him.

he made mistakes last year, should have brought in someone from NY or Bal like he did w/ us when he brought Scott and Leonhard.

the bottom line is they were in the playoff race last year and probably make it if the QB doesn't miss 3 games, 2 years ago they were never really in it. they won some games late to make the record look good.

that player quit in Houston too. last year when they were actually in a real playoff race he was worried about his sacks rather than wins. that is the type of player he is and why no team has ever made the playoffs w/ him.

he made mistakes last year, should have brought in someone from NY or Bal like he did w/ us when he brought Scott and Leonhard.

the bottom line is they were in the playoff race last year and probably make it if the QB doesn't miss 3 games, 2 years ago they were never really in it. they won some games late to make the record look good.

Williams has been to the playoffs before and has been an elite player. Rex should have handled that better. I don't recall Williams complaining about not getting sacks. Just that he didn't feel he was being used to his full potential. That's a fair complaint when your making all that money. Mario looks better and better as things get worse and worse for Rex up there.

He definitely should have brought in more guys from the Jets to help build the team he wanted to build.

Williams has been to the playoffs before and has been an elite player. Rex should have handled that better. I don't recall Williams complaining about not getting sacks. Just that he didn't feel he was being used to his full potential. That's a fair complaint when your making all that money. Mario looks better and better as things get worse and worse for Rex up there.

He definitely should have brought in more guys from the Jets to help build the team he wanted to build.

he has never been to the playoffs. he got hurt early in 2011 when Houston first made it. for years they were a hot team expected to make the playoffs and never did, coincidentally they finally made it after he got hurt and have returned a bunch of times since.

he has never been an elite player, he has always been overrated, he is an elite talent.

Back
Top Bottom