*** Official Nfl Draft Discussion Thread *** Round One | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Nfl Draft Discussion Thread *** Round One

The saddest part about the whole draft telecast is actually the fact the idiots in the crowd are above the age of 18.

My sources confirm the link with the Dolphins and their possibility of drafting Daniel Jones. Stay tuned.

That makes feel better because it's almost certainly a smoke screen. Think about it a little. The BEST person for the fins to put it out there that they want is Jones. He's the only QB likely to be there at 13, it's an invitation for another team to come up and trade with them or a team ahead of us and steal Jones.

If we choose a Qb in this round we better take Lock! He will definitely need to sit for a year which is totally fine. Would feel sick if we ended up with Tanne 2.0 in Jones. Too conservative & boring for my taste!

Jones gets drafted by us tonight I'm turning in my fan card and you'll never see me again

I don't think you have anything to worry about, it makes zero sense for a team clearly rebuilding as we are to reach for a QB whose talent is 2nd round at best, I credit Grier and Flores with a little more common sense than that, wouldn't be surprised at all if he falls all the way to the bottom of the first round, as I think he's being used as smoke screen for more than one team. Can see him being a Patriot when it's all said an done.

That makes feel better because it's almost certainly a smoke screen. Think about it a little. The BEST person for the fins to put it out there that they want is Jones. He's the only QB likely to be there at 13, it's an invitation for another team to come up and trade with them or a team ahead of us and steal Jones.

A possibility for sure. But you never know, the team we trade with gets Lock, and we are satisfied moving down for more picks while getting "our guy" at QB with Jones. Our FO is satisfied killing 2 birds with one stone, they get their QB and have picks to fill up more holes. I hate Jones btw.

It comes down to this as far as the QB:

Chris Grier has now wasted 3 years in not getting the QB. This will be year four in 2019. That is a full 4-year cycle that he has waste. If he wasted a single year, he should've been fired. I do not what the penalty is for wasting four years, but it is more than just being fired. That's not enough of a penalty for Chris Grier.

Based on Miami’s history with drafting injured players, I hope we don’t do it in the first round. IMO, that would be my worst case scenario.

It comes down to this as far as the QB:

Chris Grier has now wasted 3 years in not getting the QB. This will be year four in 2019. That is a full 4-year cycle that he has waste. If he wasted a single year, he should've been fired. I do not what the penalty is for wasting four years, but it is more than just being fired. That's not enough of a penalty for Chris Grier.

wtf?

Fired isn't enough? You think he should lose a leg or something?

Murrays pink suit is hideous. I would pass on him for that decision alone. lol

Lol! His mom usually picks out his outfits for him, but in the interview, she threw him under the bus and said “this is all him”. Pure gold!

Based on Miami’s history with drafting injured players, I hope we don’t do it in the first round. IMO, that would be my worst case scenario.
Completely disagree, a talent like Simmons should not be passed on because he won't play in 2019. From a Dolphins perspective, he could very well be the perfect pick, huge talent which will be undervalued because of the injury, an injury that'll impact us in a year where we clearly have no interest in competing.

For me it should be all about focusing on the long term goal, picking up players that we think will help this team change it's current state of meh. There are positional groups where we as fans can say, we are stronger at than others, but if we still draft players in those groups we have to think in a different way and not get pissed off. Such as taking a wideout in round one, sounds crazy but if they are following a well thought through plan then we need to give them the benefit of the doubt and show a bit of patience.

Back
Top Bottom