*** Official Nfl Draft Discussion Thread *** Rounds 2 & 3 | Page 42 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Nfl Draft Discussion Thread *** Rounds 2 & 3

Micheal Dieter, huh?

I would at least be "meh" about our choice, but I saw him getting MANHANDLED during Senior Bowl practices...

Every Wisconsin olineman was getting the business....

Last edited:
Deiter thoughts?
Pure speculation on my part, but I'm thinking some of Deiter's thoughts are...

Oh F***, I got drafted by Miami.
Great, they just F'ing traded for Rosen.
Oh wait a minute, their OL sucks, I'll be starting week 1!

Tomorrow is gonna be boring for awhile. sitting around maybe hoping for a move into the 4th

Are you kidding? Tomorrow is going to be ripe with crying and people buring jersey and protesting in from of Dolphins head quaters, demanding GMs and HCs get fired and Ross sell the team etc.

Tomorrow is going to be anything but "boring"

I can't wait!!!

I've had a man crush on Edoga, don't know anything about Dieter, he looks the part hope they know better than me but I would have gone Edoga. We absolutely had to go OL though so understand the pick.

You know I'm less bothered as wanted nothing better than a 3rd rd pick or lower. It was a 2nd rd pick, but it basically was a 3rd rd miami gave them as it was just 2 picks from very last pick of 2nd rd. Cards got what they wanted and miami was able to give what was about a 3rd and got extra picks to stock up which they have a ton going into next year. They have ammunition for move up and if they need to get a top qb next year and the salary to Rosen is very friendly too. They gave a 5th rd too , but meh and that might be why they took saints 6th rd from trade down as well as the 2nd they got from saints in trade down. So they still go another late rd pick with 6th to add to next year even though a loss of this year's 5th

We need picks for this year. Grier needs to get on the dog and start trading back in the 3rd. We need those 4 the and 5 the rounders to at least fill out this roster with something

Your
What makes anyone believe that Josh Rosen will be happy being a backup QB on the Dolphins when he wasn't happy being one on the Cardinals? If the Dolphins draft one of the top QBs in 2020 they are going to have to trade Rosen away or risk having a cancer in the locker room. Good luck with Grier getting more than a late round pick for Rosen in 2020. When other GMs see that it is Chris Grier calling their eyes light up while they have a huge smile on their face because they know that they are about to commit highway robbery.

Your on target and it's amazing we have a front office that has no clue on something that is this simple to think out.

Come on Digital. I understand how you feel and expected a different move. But we can't lose faith now. Let's give the kid a chance. If he brings something to the table then we've found a possible franchise QB going forward and a bunch of picks to drastically improve the team. If not, then we won't win many games and will still find ourselves with a Top 5 pick next season and a new starting QB.

When your team isn't very good this isn't a bad way to hedge your bet on 2 top 10 Qbs. Think about it!
Hey, we heard Grier and Flores spend the whole offseason thus far talking about philosophy. They wanted guys who lived and breathed football, guys who would die for their teammates, guys who would sacrifice for the team. That's a great philosophy. Looking at the guys Grier has added previously, like Reshad Jones, Xavien Howard, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Kenny Stills, Danny Amendola, Sitton, Gore, Dwayne Allen … it sounded very believable. Christian Wilkins seems like one of those guys as well. But Josh Rosen is not one of those guys. In fact, he has probably the loudest undercurrent of being the opposite type of player since RG3 or Jake Cutler.

We're turning over the roster completely and starting new. We're building a culture from scratch. IMHO, this isn't the time for trading to get a team leader and one of the highest paid players who is the opposite of the philosophy you're espousing. To me, this is a big strike against both Grier and Flores. It's betting on talent without regard to the philosophy they are preaching. And young players will know that very quickly … and getting that culture to form strongly isn't likely IMHO. We may not hear about it for a couple of years … but the seeds are being sown now.

IMHO, we should have stuck to the plan to tank in 2019 and rebuild in 2020. Now, we've undermined ourselves and it will be at least 3 years before we can actually rebuild. I hope I'm wrong.

Hey, we heard Grier and Flores spend the whole offseason thus far talking about philosophy. They wanted guys who lived and breathed football, guys who would die for their teammates, guys who would sacrifice for the team. That's a great philosophy. Looking at the guys Grier has added previously, like Reshad Jones, Xavien Howard, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Kenny Stills, Danny Amendola, Sitton, Gore, Dwayne Allen … it sounded very believable. Christian Wilkins seems like one of those guys as well. But Josh Rosen is not one of those guys. In fact, he has probably the loudest undercurrent of being the opposite type of player since RG3 or Jake Cutler.

We're turning over the roster completely and starting new. We're building a culture from scratch. IMHO, this isn't the time for trading to get a team leader and one of the highest paid players who is the opposite of the philosophy you're espousing. To me, this is a big strike against both Grier and Flores. It's betting on talent without regard to the philosophy they are preaching. And young players will know that very quickly … and getting that culture to form strongly isn't likely IMHO. We may not hear about it for a couple of years … but the seeds are being sown now.

IMHO, we should have stuck to the plan to tank in 2019 and rebuild in 2020. Now, we've undermined ourselves and it will be at least 3 years before we can actually rebuild. I hope I'm wrong.

I've always respect your thoughts on the board. But i not in agreement with you on this one. Rosen doesn't change anything as far as the Dolphins future plans of get that exact fit QB you outlined above. The only think Rosen does is give the Dolphins 2 shots at a franchise Qb. Obviously this year and possibly next year if they suck.

As for the locker room stuff? Who the hell knows! The guy seems passionate, opinionated and vocal to me. Sure, that stuff could backfire. But it could also be exactly what this team needs going forward.

Only time will tell!

Back
Top Bottom